Chesapeake vs. Lima Central Catholic (State Semi-Final)

swbaseballfan
All State

Re: Chesapeake vs. Lima Central Catholic (State Semi-Final)

Post by swbaseballfan »

good season peake

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Great season Peake!!!

moonshine
SEO

Post by moonshine »

Good Job!

the_one
Waterboy

Post by the_one »

Pretty boring game for a state semi-final. LCC, without making a 3 and turning the ball over way too much, was able to cruise to an easy victory. In saying that, #3 for Chesapeake was very quick and forced quite a few of them turnovers. But in the end, despite the odd offensive game for LCC, Desi proved to be way too much. That was the first time that LCC has had a player score 20 points all season, I believe. Also, as well as Desi played offensively, the two best plays he made were the blocks he made on #55 and #34 while jumping from a stand-still. Man can that kid jump.

Congrats to Chesapeake on a great season.

Larry Bird
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Bird »

Congrats to Chesapeake on a great season. Looking forward to seeing them next season a lot of talent returning. Best of luck to the seniors.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

i listened to it on the internet and enjoyed the call those two young fellas do a fine job. But i hated to hear that my Panthers lost! Great season fellas and coach Davis! Gongrats to the seniors on making this a special year!! BTW in my opinion CHS will be just as good next year!!!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

great season

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

congrats on a GREAT season!

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Congrats on a great season Panthers! Very proud fan.

I didn't think LCC was that good. They were solid across the board, but nothing to write home about. They are very good on defense, but I never would have thought Kennedy would not score a point in this one. The way Ironton plays it would have been a better match up, but Chesapeake let LCC control tempo in this one.

Chesapeake should be very good again next year with two of the better players in the area returning (Copley, McMaster).

Go Peake

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

avalanche wrote:Congrats on a great season Panthers! Very proud fan.

I didn't think LCC was that good. They were solid across the board, but nothing to write home about. They are very good on defense, but I never would have thought Kennedy would not score a point in this one. The way Ironton plays it would have been a better match up, but Chesapeake let LCC control tempo in this one.

Chesapeake should be very good again next year with two of the better players in the area returning (Copley, McMaster).

Go Peake

Peake will definately be a force to be reckoned with again next season. Congrats to Coach Davis and the Panthers.

sftblfrk
Freshman Team

Post by sftblfrk »

Congrats to the Panthers on a GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! season we couldnt be more proud of all of you!!!!!!!!!!!

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

Great season, you done something that had never been done at your school, that is something to be proud of. Good luck to the seniors and look forward to seeing the under classmen make another great run next year.

purple pride
Waterboy

Post by purple pride »

Avalanche--------maybe you need to keep your negative comments to yourself,the players and coaches represented the school and the community with class.This was a good team that has won 18 games in a row,beating some highly respected high schools.The Panther Nation was well represented,we all hope to return next year,we are very proud of this team.

BuckBalls
Riding the Bench

Post by BuckBalls »

purple pride wrote:Avalanche--------maybe you need to keep your negative comments to yourself,the players and coaches represented the school and the community with class.This was a good team that has won 18 games in a row,beating some highly respected high schools.The Panther Nation was well represented,we all hope to return next year,we are very proud of this team.

I thought they did a fine job. They had a outstanding game against Ironton. They matched up just fine with LCC. It is hard never being this far and facing a new experience alot of pressure on these kids. I just think it is hard to have back to back great games.

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

Great season and good luck next year Peake boys

buckey fan
Waterboy

Post by buckey fan »

avalanche wrote:Congrats on a great season Panthers! Very proud fan.

Go Peake

As I tried in an earlier post that did not post. It is obvious that Avalanche has not been around the game of basketball very
long and we need to go easy on the little fellow. I tried to teach him a few things about what actually happened in the game, but it did not post so I will try again. Here goes!
What caused the Peake to lose, was not the fact that the Kennedy kid was held scoreless. Otherwise don't lay the loss on Kennedy. Peake lost because they must have got caught up in the glitter and got away from what got them there in the first place. They totally got away from team ball and took a lot of forced shots and threes, of which very few went in the basket. The Saunders kid got very few passes and the Kennedy kid only touched the ball two or three times the entire game.
If Peake had played something beside man defence, #14 would not have been able to dribble drive down the middle at will, and this would have kept Peak's big guys out of foul trouble and LCC would not have taken nearly as many foul shots & lay-ups.Once
again, I hope this information will help Avalanche in his quest for knowledge about the game of basketball.Also, there is no need to compare Peake & Ironton. Peake pretty well dismantled Ironton in the regional final.

Great season Peake boys and good luck next season. I will be there to cheer you on next year.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

I don't see anything wrong with what he said. I am no basketball genious but I feel I know enough.

The guy said he didn't think Central Catholic was that good after a LCC fan came on here and calimed them world beaters. I don't think he meant they were bad, only that they are not as good as the previous poster was maing them out to be. Did anyone honestly think that team was great? There is nothing wrong with being solid across the board imo.

You honestly think the guy is pinning the loss on Kennedy? He said he didn't think he would go scoreless. Fact---he went scoreless. That hurt no matter how you look at it. Aaron Gossett was the District Player of the Year his senior year and in the Regional Semi's scored 0 points. I am sure most people would have never thought he would go scoreless. Fact---he did. No one is putting a loss on anyone. Stop being over sensitive.

It is my opinion that he is saying that the match ups gave Chesapeake fits, and that a smaller Ironton team would have matched up better, not that he wanted Ironton to replace Chesapeake. With a mismatch someone has to control the game. Either LCC and there smaller lineup or Chesapeake and their bigger line. I wasn't at the game so all I can go on is the radio broadcast.

I am proud of Chesapeake as are all Chesapeake fans. You going to educate Buckeye fan? :roll:

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

^^^^Bingo!

I am very proud of the kids and the coaching staff. I am not questioning one thing the coaching staff did. They had a great game plan and I don't place any blame on them.

I said Ironton would have been a better matchup, this is based on style of play and size. It has nothing to do with wanting Ironton to be there and not Chesapeake.

LCC was a solid team, not great but very good, I only making a point to an LCC poster talking them up. They were excellent on the defensive end.

What did I say that was negative? I am proud? Go Peake? Didn't think Kennedy wouldn't score? Kennedy was averaging what 10 points, and he scored none, that is a big blow. That is not negative, I pointed out a fact that happened in the game; he did not score.

We didn't shot well and I understand that well. Copley was something like 6 of 20 from the field, not his usual performance. McMaster still could not be matched up with, but the pressure was way too much for our guards.

I cheered my butt of for Chesapeake, some of you need to try and stop creating something that isn't there.

Go Peake!

Panther 4 Life
Waterboy

Post by Panther 4 Life »

All I will say is that Colin is and was a welcome addition to our team. We would not have been in Columbus without him as he played a vital role on this team. I hope that Colin works his butt off this offseason to continue to mature as a player. It was unfortunate that he did not score in Columbus but still a key in the Panther Cog. He's a great kid that will bounce back and have a great Senior season. All I can say is that I'm glad he's with us and not against us.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Okay Colin is a good player!! All good players have off nights! I think a few times this year Copley or Mcmaster didt even make it to 10 points!! It Happens nobody is bashing anybody just pointing out facts from the game. Yes he was a great addition and helped ALOT!!! But the scrappy "D" of LCC played a big roll i also dont think they matched up well, that LCC coach does a nice job with his team! And I can't wait to see the Peake back in the Final 4 next year!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”