Chesapeake vs. Lima Central Catholic (State Semi-Final)

the_one
Waterboy

Re: Chesapeake vs. Lima Central Catholic (State Semi-Final)

Post by the_one »

Also, gathered some info on LCC based on the schedule they've played:

1) LCC started the season 3-4.
2) LCC has won 18 straight since that game, 15 by double digits
3) LCC has beaten some very good teams during that stretch
a) Lima Sr - Regional Sem-Finalist in DI
b) Celina - Regional Finalist in DII
c) Ottawa Glandorf - Top 10 in DIII
d) Liberty Benton - #1 in DIII and have OSU bound Aaron Craft
e) Plymouth - #4 in DIII and have Robert Morris bound Brook Turson
4) They won each conference game by 10+ points. Not sure about their conference, but to beat teams familiar with you by double digits each outing has to say something I'd think.

Like I said, I've only seen them a handful of times this year, but I've definitely been impressed. They are certainly beatable though.

dime-a-dozen
Varsity

Post by dime-a-dozen »

Toss records, hype, and recruits out the darn window! It's MArch MAdness Baby!! And the Best team is gonna win! Hopefully the Panthers!!! But I have got to give credit where it is due. Yes, the past couple of years its been one and done for the Panthers at the Convo and i was a little sketchy of Coach Davis but he has done something right and has those small town boys clicking i just hope it continues!! GREAT JOB COACH AND BOYS KEEP ROLLING!! Bring It Home!!

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

If anyone has missed it. The Herald-Dispatch and Ironton Tribune have good stories on the Panthers.
I am hoping by now the team has been able to re-focus, The regional championship was for the community. This one would be for the community, and every small town and village up and down the Ohio River.

fhs23
Waterboy

Post by fhs23 »

I agree, this would not only represent chesapeake, but the OVC and many Southern Ohio schools. The guards (#10 and #14) look small in their picture. IMO LCC will not be able to match up with the peakes size. Especially at guards, hintz is not vey big but copley is 6'2" and mcmaster is 6'5". I think it will be a close game, but chesapeake will win and keep rolling on to the state championship!!!

Ball4
Riding the Bench

Post by Ball4 »

No matter which team wins this game it will be a great accomplishment for their community. I hope the Peake is the victor but either way its been a great season and one to remember for the Panther village.

bballstar1
Waterboy

Post by bballstar1 »

Lima wins by 15+ points. To athletic...

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

Its a lot of pressure to put on a sophomore but McMasters will again be the X-factor in this game. Everyone thought Taft was too athletic and they are sitting at home. Respectfully everyone was talking about the superior athleticism of Ironton last week. If this was track and field that would be a different story. Then the better athletes would almost always win.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Peake just needs to relax, realize that the rims are still only 10 feet high, play TEAM ball, rely on the fundamentals - the basics ... you will be in every game IF you trust the game plan and execute, based on the basic fundamentals you have learned from Coach Davis & Co. ... treat every possession like gold and the Purple will be just fine ... can't make the Thursday contest BUT I'm banking on being up early Saturday morning to catch the Purple playing for the hardware .. Best of luck from the old dude with the Purple Hippo T-shirt ...

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

pfloyd wrote:... the Peake just needs to relax, realize that the rims are still only 10 feet high, play TEAM ball, rely on the fundamentals - the basics ... you will be in every game IF you trust the game plan and execute, based on the basic fundamentals you have learned from Coach Davis & Co. ... treat every possession like gold and the Purple will be just fine ... can't make the Thursday contest BUT I'm banking on being up early Saturday morning to catch the Purple playing for the hardware .. Best of luck from the old dude with the Purple Hippo T-shirt ...

Excellent advice. I love the scene in Hoosiers with the measuring tape. When they measure the height of the rim.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I have said it since the beginning of the year, someone will have to match up with McMaster to win. He is the X factor.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Peake's ride ends here.. LCC by 16.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

jeff lisath wrote:Congrats to the Chesapeake Panthers...Good Luck! From the Piketon Redstreaks Coaches and Players!

Now thats class right there. Thanks to you Coach. Good luck to those Redstreaks also....I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again soon. You guys had a great season as well. Tell those guys to keep their heads up and keep working hard.

purpleblood1
JV Team

Post by purpleblood1 »

I know the game is on the radio, but is being broadcast anywhere on the internet. I know there are alot of Peake fans around the world who would like to listen into history.

the_one
Waterboy

Post by the_one »

#14 and #10 were both listed as all district football players as well. #10 is 6'0". #14 is 5'10" but can dunk.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

peake by 5 in a upset. bring that gold trophy back to southern ohio

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

You can listen on the internet at wrwbam.com

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

the_one wrote:#14 and #10 were both listed as all district football players as well. #10 is 6'0". #14 is 5'10" but can dunk.

Its a good thing we aren't playing them in football then. I know you're just trying to show their athleticism. However the Panthers aren't a group of slow unathletic kids who are fortunate to be able to shoot a basketball. I would find it difficult to believe LCC has more athletes then Ironton, Portsmouth, and Campbell Memorial. (I do know the Peake lost the latter two games, but has the experience of playing athletic teams.) So I don't think Davis' crew is going to be enamored with a 5'10" guard who can dunk. It looks like Chesapeake has heighth in their starting line-ups. My only concern about the team is playing tight at the beginning. Seeing the Ohio State logo in the middle of the court would put me in awe. They need come out aggressive and put pressure on the ball. I can see them attacking inside first and trying to get LCC's big men into some foul trouble.

earp
S

Post by earp »

You also have to remember too that the LCC kids have never played there either so I think that could be a factor over there as well!When was the last time LCC was in Columbus?Probably mid 80s I am guessing??I am thinking that maybe Wheelersburg played them at state once?Not sure :?:

chspanthers72
Riding the Bench

Post by chspanthers72 »

earp wrote:You also have to remember too that the LCC kids have never played there either so I think that could be a factor over there as well!When was the last time LCC was in Columbus?Probably mid 80s I am guessing??I am thinking that maybe Wheelersburg played them at state once?Not sure :?:

That is a good point. Before the game Davis should have Hintz get on Kennedy's shoulders and measure from the rim to the floor with a tape measure. Being the first game of the day may have some advantages in looking around and getting a feel for the court.

earp
S

Post by earp »

And usually the 2 early games on thursday the walk up crowds are not as large as on friday and saturday!Wish I could go thursday but I must work!

Return to “Boys Basketball”