District 3/12 7PM: Logan Elm vs. Warren @ Convo

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

Re: District 3/12 7PM: Logan Elm vs. Warren @ Convo

Post by warrnwarriorfan »

Logan Elm is the top seed, they are ranked in the state, they have a great record, they have the pedigree of playing in the Final 4 last year . . . Logan Elm is the favorite, just like Athens, just like Court House.

But, Warren beat Athens and Court House. Logan Elm may be the best team that Warren has played in the tournament, but Warren is peaking at the right time. Warren is coming together, they know it, they're talking about it. It's going to be a heck of game.

Good Luck Warriors!

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

LE is gonna take this one. 10+ :12224 :122246

StandFirm
Waterboy

Post by StandFirm »

Our boys are ready!

Go Warriors!

Have Fun!

Play Hard!

BUCKEYES
Freshman Team

Post by BUCKEYES »

This should be a great game between two well coached teams, very disciplined, and both play with great emotion. Both teams also bring some of the best student sections and fans the convo will see this year, with that said if both teams play their best game of the season this will be the game of the weekend. IMO Logan Elm wins this game by 8+, because they have too many weapons and too much inside outside game, very difficult to shut done one aspect of the game but when a team brings two excellent aspects that are clicking together watch out. Good Luck to both teams and Go Braves!

open_post
Freshman Team

Post by open_post »

How many tickets has Warren sold? I heard LE had sold over 600

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Warrnwarriorfan,
Logan Elm is not Athens or Court House. :aaaaa1

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Athens and Courthouse were teams that are not usually basketball powerhouses and happened to be having good seasons this year IMO. But, Logan Elm on the other hand has a much stronger basketball tradition and much more experience at this point in the season, especially considering they were here last year. Their players have been here before, they know what to expect. There is a difference in being underdogs to Athens and in this game. Saying that I am not saying that Warren stands no chance. I just think beating LE will be a much tougher task than were Athens or Courthouse, but not impossible. I wish the best of luck to Warren, but I'm going to have to go with LE in this one.

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

The point is, Warren has been the underdog all along. I said, Logan Elm is the favorite for lots of reasons, but, shucks . . . we might as well let 'em go ahead and play the game anyway.

:aaaaa59

There's a big 'ol smiley for you too!

Go Warriors!

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

I agree completely, they are underdogs, like i said, more so in this game than before. Either way for Warren tomorrow night is a good thing. If Warren wins thats great, if not it was still a great season for Warren to make it as far as they did, I believe this is the farthest is Warrior history? We'll see what happens tomorrow, there is a reason they play the game.

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

open_post wrote:How many tickets has Warren sold? I heard LE had sold over 600

I heard today that Warren had already gone through 1 roll of 500 tickets and were selling out of the second roll as of yesterday, on Wednesday.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

Congrats to the Warriors on making it to the District Final. I'm sure the coaching staff has the blue and white well prepared for this battle of epic proportions. I cant tell you how many times I've heard Coach talk about laying it off the glass for the district title when doing drills. I'll probably hear it my sleep tonight, not to mention the guys that are actually playing. It's been the dream of many Warriors to be in this game and win, and I'm glad these boys get the chance to do battle with the class program of southeast ohio tomorrow night. I have no doubt they are capable of winning. There's been a blank spot on that boys basketball banner for far too long that needs to be taken care of.

one basket at a time, one stop at a time

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Logan Elm will win because:

1.) Coach Doug Stiverson is the best dressed coach in the tournament.
2.) My buddy is driving the team's motorcoach on the tournament trail for the 2nd year in a row.

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa59

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... first team to 50 wins this one - meaning that the team that "survives and advances" will win on the defensive end ... one of the key napkin stats to watch will be the points in transition - Warren ALWAYS has at least one of those stretches during the game when the defensive pressure forces the turnovers that allows for a 6-0 , 8-0 run ... the Warriors will need a couple of those to be the team that gets to 50 first in this one ... as has been posted Logan Elm brings in tournament tested experience, outstanding perimeter shooting, size in the paint - well balanced TEAM at both ends of the floor , throw in the "Adam Blake" factor ... as I've posted all season on the Elite 8 - Logan Elm is THE BEST all around TEAM I have seen during the 2009-10 Tour of Southern Ohio ... they ARE the favorite in this one due to their lack of any glaring weaknesses ... does that mean Warren can't pick up the W in this one? of course not ... when you put the teams side by side on paper the ONE weakness that stands out for the Blue of Warren is perimeter shooting - call it "inconsistent" perimeter shooting ... IF WHS can knockdown 3 or 4 from beyond the arc? - let's just say the race for "first team to 50" gets very, very interesting ... this will be a great game no matter who advances ... both coaches have always had my utmost respect on and off the court ... makes for a game no fan of high school basketball Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line should miss - my wife is making the trip tonight! - without her knitting!! the game will be THAT good ... see everyone at the Convo to hear Lou kick off yet another great weekend in the "3 Weeks of the Convo" ...

hoot
Varsity

Post by hoot »

Good Luck LE

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Look for the Warriors and Coach Maddox to advance............. It is Warren's time......... Good Luck Blue!!!

warriiorfan
Freshman Team

Post by warriiorfan »

Big court - room to run the fade route to #1 - been beggin for them to throw it the last 3 seasons on the grid iron - look for it tonight! Sprint to the rim BatMan, Robin will find you!

Wear them out Warriors!
Check-out!
Go Get It!
Sprint!
Lay it off the glass...or slam it home!

Nothing to lose! Top seeds are invincible! ;-)
Its just u (and a 1,500 fans in BLUE) against the world!

Go Blue!

warrnwarriorfan
Varsity

REMEMBER!!

Warren fans will be meeting the Warrior team bus at the Convo TODAY at 5:45p. We will meet the bus where the team buses park to the left of the main entrance off of S Shafer St. Be there a few minutes early (about 5:40p). There should be plenty of parking behind the Convo at that time (costs $5.00). When the team has been properly greeted we'll be able to go inside at 6:00p when the doors open and get good seats. SPREAD THE WORD!!

If the Logan Elm players would happen to arrive while we are gathered we will show excellent spotsmanship. Respect the Braves.

The Warriors have had a GREAT week of practice. They know what to expect.

Good luck to both teams.

Go WARRIORS!!
Last edited by warrnwarriorfan on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

I REALLY wish that I could attend this one.

Good luck to Warren, you can get it done!

WarrenWarrior11
Waterboy

Post by WarrenWarrior11 »

Warren can do this Warren +3 58-61

Sportsfanallnitelong
JV Team

Post by Sportsfanallnitelong »

Hey WARREN - - Larry the Cable Guy just called me and said "Get er' done" !!! Good Luck WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”