District 3/13 7PM: Chesapeake vs. Zane Trace @ Convo

Panther 4 Life
Waterboy

District 3/13 7PM: Chesapeake vs. Zane Trace @ Convo

Post by Panther 4 Life »

Chesapeake vs. Zane Trace should be a good basketball game. The winner will definetely represent the regionals well and be a tough out for anyone. There are many good teams left in Athens: Ironton,Peebles,Valley,and Wheelersburg just to mention a few. At this point its anyones tournament.

ovc fan
Varsity

Re: Chesapeake vs. Zane Trace.. thoughts

Post by ovc fan »

Nobody will believe this but I say the Panthers by 12.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I agree with you and do not think you are crazy. Chesapeake looks to be a better team at this point. ZT will have the same problem that Piketon had, matching up with McMaster. I said it from the beginning of the season, teams will not be able to match up with him. I have also said that Chesapeake on paper is a Regional type team, and I still believe that. Chesapeake needs to win this to reestablish themselves and a top program in SEO, and I think they will.

purple pride
Waterboy

Post by purple pride »

The panther fans were spread out so far at the Piketon game last night.We need more students and fan support. Buy your tickets at school and show up saturday in purple ,lets get the convo rocking.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Who has Chesapeake lost to this season?
I see that they have four losses.

Actually, I think that both teams are 18-4.

Jughe@d
Riding the Bench

Post by Jughe@d »

Depends on what type of offense Coach Alley decides to run. If Trace runs the same type of offense that they did against Northwest, this will be a blowout in Peake's favor. However, I will say that I have seen ZT play an extremely uptempo game compared to what they played on Sunday. I think Trace can win this game if they don't slow the pace.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

Jughead, not trying to be smart here by no means but did you watch the Peake vs Piketon game? Peake LOVES an uptempo game. Lot of people dont understand that but they completely wore Piketon out!

Fuzz Meister
Riding the Bench

Post by Fuzz Meister »

I think ZT wont be able to handle Peake. So I say Peake by a lot.

pbuck
All State

Post by pbuck »

Peake in a tight one IMO

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peake by 15. I felt ZT played fairly poorly against Northwest. The Pioneers had no answer for Hank Leslie and will probably stuggle with a larger Chessy team.

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

I say that the "PEAKE" will get drilled in this one! Coaching, discipline and overall talent will undoubtedly lead to a Zane Trace blowout! :122245 :122245 :122245

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

Either team can win. Keys for Zane Trace are:

1. Shooting--they have to get back to their hot shooting they had a few weeks ago.
2. Chamberlin--He has to stay out of foul trouble.

If they can accomplish both of those goals, I say ZT by 5.

If not, Peake wins.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Bozo,
I know Peake lost to Waverly at the convo in December.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Peake by 9. 48- 39

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

Zane trace wont have to worry about hot shooting. the way the peake plays defense they will be shooting layups all night! Tell you what, with the size of the Z Trace guards, the Chesapeake point guard better bring a "sack lunch" for this one! Its gonna be a long night. :lol:

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

pphil, you might want to go check out some of the comments Piketon was making before you go running the Peake down. A few of them have been chewing on their feet a couple days after putting it in their mouth. lol. I think maybe the Panther kids read some of it and it fired em up pretty good so keep on talking. Peake lost to Ironton, Waverly, Campbell Memorial and Portsmouth. All VERY good teams.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

I guess forcing 21 turnovers, 13 steals and blocking 5 shots is very poor defense.....hmmmm. ahahahahahahahaaaaaaa......might want to go find Kram from Piketon and hang out with him for a while.

Panther 4 Life
Waterboy

Post by Panther 4 Life »

Talk all the trash you like popcorn phil but come Saturday there will be a District Final played at the Convo. Piketon played a great game prior to arriving to the convo on this site and you see what it got them (Baseball season). If I'm not mistaken you split with piketon beating them 75-71. Two good teams will do battle and one will survive and advance. Good Luck

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

popcorn phil wrote:Zane trace wont have to worry about hot shooting. the way the peake plays defense they will be shooting layups all night! Tell you what, with the size of the Z Trace guards, the Chesapeake point guard better bring a "sack lunch" for this one! Its gonna be a long night. :lol:

Popcorn phil I could agree more. I hope chesy wins only because I'm from that area. But from what I've seen the to guards from ZT are way to physical and will dominate. The only chance is if the the refs call charges and gets them n foul trouble. 30 and 3 for ZT had two charges vs nwest that wasn't called. I think the ZT fans agreed it was a bad call :)
Don't think peake has anyone with hank leslies talent on the offensive end. Those pivot moves are a lot harder to guard than a normal power inside player.

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

all i will say is, lucky for davis and the rest of his staff that the weather is getting nicer. At least they can play golf after school once Trace drills them. Of course that would probably be uglier than watching them coach basketball! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Return to “Boys Basketball”