Congrats Waverly Tigers!

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Re: Congrats Waverly Tigers!

Post by SickRick »

the great todd! wrote:i havent heard of the holt kid? isnt fergasun?(dont know how its spelled) in line for the PG spot? from the games ive seen...
C-martin
F-kretzer
F-ward
G-kelly
G-fergasun?
with the hensleys, davis, leatherwood coming off the bench...IMO..

yea i can see devin at point but it might be between ferguson and john paul white.Ferguson was the jv point guard and white was a really good defender. we will have to see wat waverly needs.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

I cant really see any of the juniors that set varsity last year having any playing time besides Davis Remy.IMO

fnsick
Waterboy

Post by fnsick »

:aaaaa41 I heard the Waverly Tiger Superfans have been down to the biddy ball games scouting for Coach Robertson. Coach Hobbs is gonna be working with the 1rst and 2nd graders and they should be ready by the Holiday Classic, the biggest decision right now is what style shoe the boys wanna go with, Lebrons or Jordons its tough on those little guys. Next year players should be solid with 3 kids standing at about 4' tall and one at 4'9" and the rest at a average of 4'5'. The bench will also contribute to the Tiger success with senior Harrison Martin, Kelly and Kretzer coming off the bench when needed. I predict a good season for the young Tigers and Coach Robertson next year, any thoughts for next years Convo shirts will be greatly taken into consideration. Thanks and the best of luck to anyone who has to play DA TIGERS!

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

SickRick wrote:I cant really see any of the juniors that set varsity last year having any playing time besides Davis Remy.IMO

why not?

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

I think that with work in over the summer, the Tigers will have a lot of talent moving up. No telling what will happen in the months to come.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

thundercat#1 wrote:
SickRick wrote:I cant really see any of the juniors that set varsity last year having any playing time besides Davis Remy.IMO

why not?

Well i have watched them on jv and varsity and i just dont beleive there good enough to be on varsity yet there all weak and not very aggresive.IMO with that being said i hope they can improve they need to HIT THE WEIGHT ROOM and just work on there game.I hope im wrong about them and i hope they can help take this waverly program to the next level.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

thundercat#1 wrote:I think that with work in over the summer, the Tigers will have a lot of talent moving up. No telling what will happen in the months to come.

Are you reffering to the 8th graders moving up or the jv from last year? Because i havent heard much about the 8th graders moving up maybe u can fill me in.

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

SickRick wrote:
thundercat#1 wrote:I think that with work in over the summer, the Tigers will have a lot of talent moving up. No telling what will happen in the months to come.

Are you reffering to the 8th graders moving up or the jv from last year? Because i havent heard much about the 8th graders moving up maybe u can fill me in.

I'm talking about the kids coming up from JV and the ones that didn't get much time this year. And there wasn't much that the kids that didn't play could do this year anyways. The seven players that did play played very well together and the Tigers went far.

nickle back
Freshman Team

Post by nickle back »

Waverly had a good season but I wouldn't say the Tigers went far?

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

nickle back wrote:Waverly had a good season but I wouldn't say the Tigers went far?

They've gone farther than they've gone in past years.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Well out of the Frosh class (upcoming sophmores) I could only see Jean Paul White getting real playing time next year.. But that doesn't mean anyone couldnt surprise me. I don't see many of the upcoming seniors getting much time next year eather.. :122246

SickRick wrote:
thundercat#1 wrote:

why not?

Well i have watched them on jv and varsity and i just dont beleive there good enough to be on varsity yet there all weak and not very aggresive.IMO with that being said i hope they can improve they need to HIT THE WEIGHT ROOM and just work on there game.I hope im wrong about them and i hope they can help take this waverly program to the next level.

i agree with SickRick they aren't very agressive.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

thundercat#1 wrote:
SickRick wrote:

I'm talking about the kids coming up from JV and the ones that didn't get much time this year. And there wasn't much that the kids that didn't play could do this year anyways. The seven players that did play played very well together and the Tigers went far.

well ive watched there scrimages and and they werent to pretty put i believe that the upcoming juniors have a very strong class so waverly will be fine but they need to work.The rotation will be about the same as last year about 7 or 8 players.IMO

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

How many posts can SickRick make in this forum?

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

seops123 wrote:How many posts can SickRick make in this forum?

Just trying to help LOL

Seops123
Riding the Bench

Post by Seops123 »

What are you trying to do? I think you are just trying not to be a waterboy anymore.

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

You're exactly right.

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

It will be hard to tell what this group of seniors coming up will be like, it depends on how much dedication and work they have and how much heart they are willing to put into it. I would love to see Remy, Jake Hensley, Holt, and Leatherwood move into the open spots and I think it is very possible with some hard work and dedication. I look forward to another great season next year with a large group of seniors who are ready to step up and take charge.

Return to “Boys Basketball”