SE District DII Semi: Logan Elm vs. Waverly

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: SE District DII Semi: Logan Elm vs. Waverly

Post by smurray »

Some of those kids will be needed. Martin, Kretzer and Kelly will be a good nucleus to work with but two starting spots are up for grabs and we'll need a couple kids coming off the bench who are just as good. You can't until the fall to start working either.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

If there is 120 refs eligible then why does the same 5 or 6 seem to do every game at the convo? I think over all the officiating is pretty good. It is tournament time. Deal with it.

thundercat#1
Waterboy

Post by thundercat#1 »

I hope that some of the bench kids this year for the tigers will be able to see some time. Maybe Remy will be able to fill his brothers shoes.

PHS75
SEOPS HOF

Post by PHS75 »

It was a good season for Waverly. Congrats to both teams.
I am really looking forward to seeing some of Waverly's bench step up next year and with the returning starters hopefully we will have an even better season to look forward to.
I would like to see what the Leatherwood boy and the rest of this years non starters can do. They should be a really tough team.

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

toast wrote:People enjoy coming to this site for a variety of reasons. One is to discuss how the officiating impacted the game. There is nothing wrong with that and it's not whining!

Let's see...
Dave Stamm barely knows he is alive and Chad Jenkins just seems to hate the Waverly program in general.

The officiating crew was pitiful. Flagrant foul when Kretzer shoots a trey. How can you miss that when the ref was right there? So how does the official react ? He taunts the player, chasing him. Moving screens all night by LE and Tigers get fouls called on them, for trying to get thru them. LE traveled all night, rolling on the floor with the ball, sometimes out of bounds and no whistle? C'mon !

The officials took Waverly out of the game in the 2nd half, period.

There is no way Logan Elm plays the defense they did, especially in the 2nd half and only pick up 4 fouls. It was just too obvious. How many travels and carries did L.E. get away with and what about the ball going out of bounds, nearly hitting the scorers table with Jenkins right there and no call - UNREAL!

The guy should not be officiating Waverly games - he CANNOT do it objectively.

At least one very clean pick by Waverly which would have lead to an easy basket and a foul gets called. Go figure.

The officials handed the game to one team and one team only.

The guy should not be permitted to officiate Waverly games, PERIOD! His hatred for Waverly or Robertson is obvious.

I felt like Waverly got the shot end of the stick from the officials in the second half.

...sounds like whining to me.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Can people not show there opinions?
Come on. :12224 :arrow: :|

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Hey Trooper, I PM'd you several days ago.

Yes they can, TheDarkKnight.

TheDarkKnight
Freshman Team

Post by TheDarkKnight »

Thanks tigers2010onhuddle i was just making sure :lol: :aaaaa7

Solomon
Freshman Team

Post by Solomon »

I was at the le/waverly game and i am from jackson, the officals were terrible. I think swartzel was running his mouth to robertson on his way off the floor. I saw swartzel's father ref, he was very good, his son thinks he is very good. those three blind mice did not deserve to do that game if there performance is based on it.

Underhill
Waterboy

Post by Underhill »

Hey Waverly Fans: NEWSFLASH! Your season ended last friday. Why are you still discussing what the refs did a week ago? You guys had a good season, why don't you leave it at that?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Underhill,
I don't think Waverly fans are still discussing what the ref's did or didn't do last week.
If you didn't notice, most Waverly fans are talking about next year. :122246

Trooper
Freshman Team

Post by Trooper »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Hey Trooper, I PM'd you several days ago.

Ok...and???

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Trooper,
Can you please respond to my PM? You criticize my posts and bash my announcing on a public forum and don't have the decency to communicate with me in private?

Return to “Boys Basketball”