The Official Bash Oak Hill Like a Childish Idiot Thread.....

avalanche
JV Team

Re: The Official Bash Oak Hill Like a Childish Idiot Thread.....

Post by avalanche »

^^^^^We should have and it could have been a one man thread for you!

I love how you act like it is so easy to get to the regionals. Have you ever played? I was part of a sweet 16 team and it was difficult as hell to get to the Regional. As great as Coach Oz is at Gallia Academy he has been to the Regional once in his career and he is considered one of the best of all time in the state.

Again you are nothing more then some punk kid running his mouth because he can hide behind mom and dad.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

avalanche wrote:^^^^^We should have and it could have been a one man thread for you!

I love how you act like it is so easy to get to the regionals. Have you ever played? I was part of a sweet 16 team and it was difficult as hell to get to the Regional. As great as Coach Oz is at Gallia Academy he has been to the Regional once in his career and he is considered one of the best of all time in the state.

Again you are nothing more then some punk kid running his mouth because he can hide behind mom and dad.

Avalanche that is kind of funny that you said it is not easy to get to the regionals. When you were all upset because you thought that anything less than making it to the State Final Four for Chesapeake last year or any year would be a wasted year. As you wanted to get rid of your coach for not getting to the final four.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

avalanche wrote: I was part of a sweet 16 team .

:aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 :aaaaa41 My HERO !!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

:lol:

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

avalanche wrote:^^^^^We should have .

WE should have.....???????

I don't think I saw your name on until PAGE TWO . :122246 :122246

..... but I forgot you like to gather crowds of support when you post. :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :lol:

Downtown
Freshman Team

Post by Downtown »

This is not payback for going for 2 and being up 47-0 at the time. Again, Oak Hill could have made that game about 100-0 going into the 4th quarter and probably put the cheerleaders in and scored a couple gimme touchdowns. It's that anytime you have a solid team and a good/great coach in Tom Barrick, anything can happen. And Wheelersburg proved that.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

O-A-R-S???!?! now I'm cornfused

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

Avalanche that is kind of funny that you said it is not easy to get to the regionals. When you were all upset because you thought that anything less than making it to the State Final Four for Chesapeake last year or any year

I never said a word about going to state. I was tired of people saying how great Davis is and he has gotten beat two years in a row in the DISTRICT SEMI-FINALS!!!!!!

Like I said it is easy to sit behind an ivory tower and say ignorant things while Mommy and Daddy are there changing your diapers. You don't even play, your opinion is as good as a poop flavored lollypop

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

but I forgot you like to gather crowds of support when you post.

No but I love to attract one and I have no problem having tons of people turn you into the Hitler of this site.

Rick Edwards did not go to Clemson, he went to Fork Union then to Richmond. Edwards was not really dominant until college. Dempsey was on both teams and that is all that really matters.
Last edited by Peake on Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Swanker Pine wrote:O-A-R-S???!?! now I'm cornfused

I was wondering who was going to point that out. :lol:

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

avalanche wrote:
Avalanche that is kind of funny that you said it is not easy to get to the regionals. When you were all upset because you thought that anything less than making it to the State Final Four for Chesapeake last year or any year

I never said a word about going to state. I was tired of people saying how great Davis is and he has gotten beat two years in a row in the DISTRICT SEMI-FINALS!!!!!!

Like I said it is easy to sit behind an ivory tower and say ignorant things while Mommy and Daddy are there changing your diapers. You don't even play, your opinion is as good as a poop flavored lollypop

Well there you go getting things confused again. Your last 2 sentences is basically what you said to TheMalteseFalcon. You were upset about the way people talk about Davis getting beat 2 years in a row but you are backing Norm even though he was one and done this year??? Last year you did say a word about going to the final four. That is when I asked you just how many times has Chesapeake made it that far and actually won the State. You just like to talk about when you played and you thought that Chesapeake should go to the Final four or it would be a wasted season.

By the way I do not know what a poop flavored lollypop would taste like or do I care but it sure seems like you have tasted it before.

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Avalanche here are some of your posts when Chesapeake got beat last year. Enjoy reading while you enjoy one of your lollypops.

Am I the only Chesapeake fan a little upset that Cheapeake lost to an opponent that we were supposed to beat?

Chesapeake was a #1 seed and lost. To me, that is not a good thing.

I understand you are trying to be kind and support your team, but Westfall wouldn't be in in my top 20 teams I have seen since say around 1996.

They were a quality team, but Chesapeake should have beaten them. I am upset, and I think that settling for the district semi's will not due at a place that has been to the regionals several times.

I look at our schedule, and I have a hard time finding a team that was better then average that Chesapeake beat (terribly coached Huntington High, maybe an average Fairland). This is why I am uncertain of where our "program" is at. I do not want to settle for beating average teams and not beating the good ones, being a pretty good regular season team, or getting beat in the districts every year.

My goal for the program has always been a state title, but baby steps. It is easy for an outsider to say, oh don't listen to so-and-so you had a great season, but when you are a part of the community that is used to winning, then I feel I have every right to voice my displeasure. My goal is crazy??!?!?! I can think of only a few coaches who actually make it to the regionals on a consistent basis, who is crazy now?

When you are the coach at Chesapeake, expectations are very high, that is one of the discriptions of the job in my opinion. You are expected to win, and for the most part Coach Davis has done an outstanding job doing this. I am just displeased with a district semi bouncing.

Coach Davis did an outstanding job his first season. He took his team back to Athens and that is great.

This season the regular season was pretty good, but we got the same result as last season. That is a step back in my opinion.

My opinion may not seem popular, but that is how I feel. Also, I sure haven't heck haven't seen very many former players at games either.

There is nothing wrong with criticizing your own team. I hate homers who wear rose-colored glasses and expect everything to be rosy. These forums are created so that individuals can discuss, debate, praise, and voice displeasure.

I praise when an effort is praiseworthy, and I voice my displeasure when expectations are not met.

Chesapeake had a pretty darn good regular season. They were awarded a number one seed, and for that I congratulate. They however, lost in the district semi’s, and that is reason for displeasure, and I am going to voice it.

I have no qualms with Coach Davis, and I think he has done a pretty good job thus far, but when it comes tourney time Chesapeake under him has laid an egg. I am not happy about that.

Maybe you weren't around when this happend, but it happend. I remember when pople would "bad mouth'' Persin when his team lost a single game. I have read countless criticisms of Coach Persin on here and his inablity to win "the big one".

I support Chesapeake and love the program, that is why I am voiceing my displeasure.

Maybe you are ok with two straight losses in the district semi-finals, I am not and I won't keep it to myself. It is not unacceptable either.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Farmer,

There is nothing wrong with defending a program you love or a coach you admire.

I am upset that Norm lost in the first round ut I am not going to question his ability to coach after double digit regionals and a state championship.

That falcon punk has trashed Norm every chance he gets. It pisses me off for more then one reason, not to mention the information he things he is providing is false. I have had doors opened to me because of Norm and I will always be appreciative. I have worked college camps and they are pretty darn pleased with his ability to coach and run a division 1 camp.

If he has a problem with Davis then that is on him, but trashing a coach (Persin) who has brought a lot of good things to dinky little SEO means something to me. I also played and understand how difficult it is to get to the regionals (I did once), so it is what it is. This thread is about Oak Hill, not Chesapeake.

supertrooper
Waterboy

Post by supertrooper »

What year did you go to the regionals, peake?

farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Peake

You are right it doesn't have anything to do with Chesapeake but some of the same statements made by your friend Avalanche used to defend Persin was also used but to down Davis. Including that number 1 seeds should not lose in the region. Along with the statement about fans having rose colored glasses. He defends his right to say what he feels but puts down someone else. That also involved me when either he made a mistaken me for Falcon or made the same statement about lollypops.

Peake I am glad you played for a regional team and makes me even happier to know that you no longer live in this as you say dinky SEO.

avalanche
JV Team

Post by avalanche »

I made those statements a year ago and I still stand behind them.

I understand people should be disappointed that Oak Hill lost in the first round. I am not saying they should not. I am saying that coming on here and trashing a guy that just won a state title and saying the only reason he won a state title is because he was loaded, well I think that losing in the first round proves that there had to be some coaching involved or otherwise they would have coasted on talent alone. There have been recruiting accusations that he has claimed he knows about, which is false. He made statements about how he could not win the big game despite just winning a state championship. He made fun of the fact that Chesapeake could not get out of the Regionals and that is something that no one from Chesapeake wants to hear. If you have coached or played you would understand it is not easy to get to state. He can make all the references to Wheelersburg he wants, but you want to talk about loaded teams, how many divison 1 players has Barrick coached? More then Persin I know that. Persin has coached two players in his career at Chesapeake that would go on to play D1 (Rich Edwards and Joey Thacker). I will not make a case against Barrick because I know he is a great coach regardless, and taking a team like he has this year just proves how good a coach he is.

The lollypop statement was clearly not for you.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

avalanche wrote: There have been recruiting accusations that he has claimed he knows about, which is false.

Take your lollipop out of your mouth for a minute and show me where I said anything about the recruiting accusations that I know about. Sucking on poopypops must make you dizzy. :122246 :122246 :lol:

My HERO !!! :aaaaa54 :aaaaa44

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

avalanche wrote: He made fun of the fact that Chesapeake could not get out of the Regionals and that is something that no one from Chesapeake wants to hear.

Not making fun at all and whether it is something you want to hear or not, it's a FACT that you can't deny, hero. :mrgreen:

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

avalanche wrote: how many divison 1 players has Barrick coached? More then Persin I know that. .

That's because D1 players are MADE not born... and Barrick makes them and Norm doesn't. That should tell you something. Nuff said.

PS... I didn't even know they had 'regionals" teams in Biddy Ball. :122246 :roll: :lol:

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

i knew edwards went to a prep school and then on to richmond but where did thacker play?

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Liberty.

That's because D1 players are MADE not born... and Barrick makes them and Norm doesn't. That should tell you something. Nuff said

You are such an idiot. No one on hear takes anything you say serious. Listening to you talk sports is like listening to a child talk about how much they know.

Return to “Boys Basketball”