The Official Bash Oak Hill Like a Childish Idiot Thread.....

JJ Hale
JV Team

Re: The Official Bash Oak Hill Like a Childish Idiot Thread.....

Post by JJ Hale »

ManitouDan wrote:my comment ---- Burg 77's post gets sent straight to the SEOP hall of fame. one of the best ever !

and it's cool to NOT see the burg folks take the bait so to speak. Burg folk have class. congrats on the win (and no I'm not the burg) MD

Have to agree. I thought the folks from Burg handled themselves with complete class last night! I am disappointed in a few other though. I'll just leave it at that. Hope everyone has a safe day! Alot of hoops to chase today also!

favabeans
Varsity

Post by favabeans »

Burg 77, after reading your post and getting your warped sense of humor I think I may have worked with you some years back!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Thanks for the plugg today JJ!! It made my day..lol Will you be at the VC/LE game tonight?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

hard to beat the burg three times. oaks played well but had not answer for bendolph. hale looked completely out of sorts all night. provided little help. sloan just couldn't finish. #1 seed falls. it was a good night for soc teams across the board.

1974Viking
Varsity

Post by 1974Viking »

Very original thought there Bear42. How long did it take to come up with that one? Oak Hill has a fine basketball team. Last night the Burg was better. Good luck to them the rest of the way. With being last year's State Champion, you got everyone's A-Game this year.Not a shabby season by no means. This is why the tourney is so fun...one and done

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Post by TheMalteseFalcon »

avalanche wrote: Chesapeake lost in 92 in the sectional final and brought back the same team next year and went to to Regional finals. .

.....and Norm lost again.

earp
S

Post by earp »

Avalanche about the 92 Peake team!It was a far different team in 1993!John Thacker and Rick Edwards played on the 92 team 2 of their best players,Rick Edwards went on to play at Clemson and later transferred to Richmond and finished his career!Probably the 92 team was the better of the 2 but for whatever reason Burg just had their number!6 ft 9 Edwards was a matchup problem for just about everyone!I guess my point is 2 far different teams!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

ManitouDan wrote:my comment ---- Burg 77's post gets sent straight to the SEOP hall of fame. one of the best ever !

and it's cool to NOT see the burg folks take the bait so to speak. Burg folk have class. congrats on the win (and no I'm not the burg) MD

Thanks MD. I appreciate that. I figured if I didn't interject a little humor into this thread it could get ugly quick. Just trying to lighten everyones mood and I think it may have worked. This thread isn't nowhere as bad as I thought it might be.

Besides, if you are any kind of true fan of high school sports it hard to bash a team that had kicked your butt two years in a row ( 4 straight games I think) and has had the success they have had the last two seasons. The Burg just played a great game, especially the 4th quarter and the OT.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

digger wrote:Burg 77, after reading your post and getting your warped sense of humor I think I may have worked with you some years back!

We might have. You ever work at Festival Foods in New Boston, Big Sandy Warehouse, or Sunoco Chemicals? That the 3 places I've worked since the early 90's.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

JJ Hale wrote:Terrific game tonight by two great, well coached teams. It has been a pleasure to cover the Oaks all season long! It is very apparent alot of folks on here hate the Oaks and enjoy taking childish pot shots at them. I wanted to make a thread available for those of you whom enjoy doing so; to express yourself’s accordingly. However, please do not hide behind your screen name if you choose to do so. I would request that you have the guts and nads to post your name also. Have fun and fire away! This post is not intended to be adversarial in any way, however it is intended to be fair. Good Luck to the Pirates the rest of the way and Congrats to the Oaks on a fantastic run!

I know that there has been a lot of rumor and speculation as to who I really am.

Im Ryan "Pfunk" Potter and I support this thread!!!!!

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

Mr. Potter,

I have to ask.....what do you actually support? This thread has been pretty civil considering how it could have turned out. My hat is off to the maturity and common sense that has been displayed by all posters.

I honestly feel that most mature individuals realize that the young men of many teams read this and have showed a tremendous amount of self restraint and good judgment thus far.

Hold your heads high young men. As for the Seniors, you experienced something magical last year that the majority of us that played sports have never been fortunate enough to have experienced.

happycamper
Waterboy

Post by happycamper »

So if the point is to get people to take the bait, isn't kind of childish to even start a thread like this?

gunit
Freshman Team

Post by gunit »

Does Jackson have any good underclassmen for the Oaks run next year?

Good season Oaks!! It is very hard to have as a successful season as you did in the SOC II.... you have a lot to be proud of

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

There is no reason for anyone to bash the head coach, assistants or players from Oak Hill. Remember, just a few, short years ago, everyone scheduled Oak Hill as a Homecoming game because they were almost an automatic win. Friday nights game was a classic case of one team wins and the other losses, the difference being the team most thought would win did not and the team most thought would lose, won the game. The program at Oak Hill has grown leaps and bounds in the past few years. The Oaks took plenty of lumps in Norm's first year there but they improved as the season progressed. Norm, Jim and Mike have worked hard to make the Oaks a solid program. Once again, remember they went from being everyone's Homecoming game to state champions last year. Did the season end like the community and team from Oak Hill wanted? No! I can promise you this though, those three men will be back in the gym working kids to be better basketball players for next season. Oak Hill has a good nucleus of players returning to make another run for the SOC banner next year. Best of luck to Ondera and Howard. To my friends on the Oak Hill bench, keep your heads up, we know we have a battle on our hands at least twice next season.

85inside
S

Post by 85inside »

Why wouldnt Burg fans handle themselves with class? They been here before. It's not like this is the first time Barrick has beaten Persin in the post season. I dont see where this is that big of an upset.

Ole_Cuzin_Funk
Freshman Team

Post by Ole_Cuzin_Funk »

Hoggy wrote:Mr. Potter,

I have to ask.....what do you actually support? This thread has been pretty civil considering how it could have turned out. My hat is off to the maturity and common sense that has been displayed by all posters.

I honestly feel that most mature individuals realize that the young men of many teams read this and have showed a tremendous amount of self restraint and good judgment thus far.

Hold your heads high young men. As for the Seniors, you experienced something magical last year that the majority of us that played sports have never been fortunate enough to have experienced.

I support the fact that people are being called out to post their names if they wanna run their fingers on a message board. Back when I was in prison, we called people who hid behind the safety of their cell doors and ran their pie holes "Cell Warriors". Doing it on a computer is what i call a Cyber Warrior. Or some call it a keyboard cammando. Just dont be ashamed. Kids read this stuff. For me its not bashing as some call it, its cyber bullying. As far as the name thing, anyone from Oak Hill and a lot in Jackson already knew who i was from my screen name. That Mr/Mrs Hoggy, is what I support. Now, lets Go Lady Oaks, we got a State Title to win!!!!! O...............................A.............................................

oak_a_holic
Freshman Team

Post by oak_a_holic »

Burg_Grad_77 wrote:Steve: Hi, my name is Steve and I'm a Bashaholic.

Crowd: Hi Steve.

Steve: I have been Bash free though now for almost 9 months.

Crowd: Great job Steve!

Steve: It's really hard though sometimes to keep it all in. I want to put down little kids really bad, but my meds are helping. Some people even invite you to Bash and that makes it really hard to resist, but I do my best.

Crowd: That's great!

As much as I didn't want to laugh at that, I couldn't help it. Haha

Hoggy
SEOP

Post by Hoggy »

I support the fact that people are being called out to post their names if they wanna run their fingers on a message board. Back when I was in prison, we called people who hid behind the safety of their cell doors and ran their pie holes "Cell Warriors". Doing it on a computer is what i call a Cyber Warrior. Or some call it a keyboard cammando. Just dont be ashamed. Kids read this stuff. For me its not bashing as some call it, its cyber bullying. As far as the name thing, anyone from Oak Hill and a lot in Jackson already knew who i was from my screen name. That Mr/Mrs Hoggy, is what I support. Now, lets Go Lady Oaks, we got a State Title to win!!!!!

LMAO..........Wow, didn't see that one coming! Comparing the verbage that you utilized in describing a fellow convict during your time in the slammer as to what you call overly opinionated and immature people on here is amazing. I got a huge chuckle out of it....thank you.

Cyber bullying or attempts to intimidate people usually shows a lack of self esteem or just plain ignorance. I am just thankful that I don't allow the little things to bother me and I darn sure don't get intimidated. All in all, I guess if a person looks for the negative things, they can almost always be satisfied in their search. Once again, thank you for the much needed laugh......it made my day.

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

Ole_Cuzin_Funk wrote:
Hoggy wrote:Mr. Potter,

I support the fact that people are being called out to post their names if they wanna run their fingers on a message board. Back when I was in prison, we called people who hid behind the safety of their cell doors and ran their pie holes "Cell Warriors". Doing it on a computer is what i call a Cyber Warrior. Or some call it a keyboard cammando. Just dont be ashamed. Kids read this stuff. For me its not bashing as some call it, its cyber bullying. As far as the name thing, anyone from Oak Hill and a lot in Jackson already knew who i was from my screen name. That Mr/Mrs Hoggy, is what I support. Now, lets Go Lady Oaks, we got a State Title to win!!!!! O...............................A.............................................

........ R..............................S..............................................

TheMalteseFalcon
All Conference

This should have been called:

THE OFFICIAL BASH OAK HILL LIKE A CHILDISH IDIOT THREAD.....

:aaaaa8 :aaaaa8

Return to “Boys Basketball”