BELPRE 32 vs WHEELERSBURG 43 .......FINAL

happycamper
Waterboy

Re: BELPRE vs WHEELERSBURG

Post by happycamper »

gymrat88 wrote:This is definetly a very interesting matchup. Belpre is a very talented, athletic team that hasn't lived up to their potential. However I think that winning the Fairland game gives them a lot of confidence. I'll take Wheelersburg by 5 because of their tournament experience.

I think you could say the same thing about the Pirates. They have not lived up to their potential. However winning the Oak Hill game has given them a lot of confidence.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:Burg played them back in 2008 and it was an ugly game. I remember they had Tate and they had a Freshman that was pretty good, but other than that they didn't have much.

If Burg plays with the same intensity that they played with last night, they will be a tough matchup in Athens.

Good luck Pirates!!!

that was in 2008. this is 2010

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Go Pirates! Keep playing with the same intensity that you had against oak hill and you will come out with the win!

SickRick
Riding the Bench

Post by SickRick »

BURG

earp
S

Post by earp »

Just dont see Belpre having the anwser for Stegman!

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

GOOD LUCK BELPRE!!!!!!!!!!! GO TVC!!!!!

JimmyStewart
Waterboy

Post by JimmyStewart »

Burg Coming off big overtime win against the Number 1 seeded Oak Hill... Belpre coming off a big win in double overtime to Fairland... Burg already played Fairland but doesn't matter as Burg proved Friday night anything can happen when it's tourney time... Forget about records both teams are now undefeated. I take Burg by 10 because I'm a Burg fan so GO PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Imo Wheelersburg is the better team and I see them advancing to the next round. I believe they will win by double digits.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Belpre is a very dangerous team...Tate can knock down anything from anywhere...Sims is probably the best big man in the TVC...Like 93 said...If ate and Sims play as usual and they can get some scoring help from another starter...watch out. Belpre will run you out of the gym. They have the highest scoring offense in the TVC..If they can dictate tempo, I like the Ealges. I had Belpre winning the district in my fantasy bracket...DONT LET ME DOWN FELLAS!!

gymrat88
JV Team

Post by gymrat88 »

happycamper- very good point.

hunting1
Waterboy

Post by hunting1 »

I wish Belpre the best of luck, Tate and Sims will do there thing and that is who Wheelersburg will be keying on, with that being said Parsons, Leasure, Warderker, Miller, Slattery, and Campbell need to look at themselves before this game and say I am going to be the one to step up. If they double team Tate or Sims the other players have got to step up. Do not stop from here on out every game is the last game so play like it. Go Eagles

javon white
Freshman Team

Post by javon white »

Good luck Eagles!

Mad-Dogg
SEOP
Location: Wheelersburg Oh home of the 2x State Champs, 8x Regional Champs and 34x SOC Div 2 Champs

Post by Mad-Dogg »

gotta love the mistakes by the ohsaa. they have oak hill playin belpre next sat at the convo. the bracket shows oak hill winnin 57-51 over the burg

http://brackets.digitalschoolnetwork.ne ... 94&ts=2355

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

The game has been moved from Sunday @ 2 to Saturday @7:30

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

4th n Goal wrote:The game has been moved from Sunday @ 2 to Saturday @7:30

Why?

Which games are on Sunday now?

ccrunner
Riding the Bench

Post by ccrunner »

Are all the Sunday games moved to Saturday?

Best of luck to Belpre but I think the Pirates win by 10+.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

4th n Goal wrote:The game has been moved from Sunday @ 2 to Saturday @7:30

There are girls games are scheduled for that time on saturday?

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Heard today from a very reliable source that the Sunday game could be moved to Saturday. I am waiting official word but it appears my source has correct information.

As far as the game is concerned, the Pirates found out Friday night they can compete and win a big game this season. Bendlolph went into a zone on offense knocking down shot after big shot. On defense, Bees played yoman defense, the kid was flat worn out at the end of the game. The one kid that is not getting major props from the game with Oak Hill is Isaac Duduit, he came off the bench and had an outstanding game for the Pirates. Isaac did not score but 1 or 2 points but his defense and the charge he took late in the game were huge. The Pirates had good balance on the offensive end with everyone hitting shots a key times in the game. Burg will hve to come into the gym on Monday and focus on one thing, doing what they can do to advance another game. Barrick and Massie will have a game plan for Belpre. Time to forget the Oak Hill game and get ready for the next game.

Mad-Dogg
SEOP

Post by Mad-Dogg »

alabama mike wrote:Heard today from a very reliable source that the Sunday game could be moved to Saturday. I am waiting official word but it appears my source has correct information.

As far as the game is concerned, the Pirates found out Friday night they can compete and win a big game this season. Bendlolph went into a zone on offense knocking down shot after big shot. On defense, Bees played yoman defense, the kid was flat worn out at the end of the game. The one kid that is not getting major props from the game with Oak Hill is Isaac Duduit, he came off the bench and had an outstanding game for the Pirates. Isaac did not score but 1 or 2 points but his defense and the charge he took late in the game were huge. The Pirates had good balance on the offensive end with everyone hitting shots a key times in the game. Burg will hve to come into the gym on Monday and focus on one thing, doing what they can do to advance another game. Barrick and Massie will have a game plan for Belpre. Time to forget the Oak Hill game and get ready for the next game.

hey bama your source is right. it's posted on the bracket on the ohsaa site

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Mad_Dogg wrote:
alabama mike wrote:Heard today from a very reliable source that the Sunday game could be moved to Saturday. I am waiting official word but it appears my source has correct information.

hey bama your source is right. it's posted on the bracket on the ohsaa site

Whats going to happen to the girls games that were supposed to be played at this time?

Return to “Boys Basketball”