Warren at Marietta 2/9

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Re: Warren at Marietta 2/9

Post by WWBBB »

Is this game still going to happen @ 7 tonight. Sounds as if this Warren team is pretty impressive.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

JV game is 6 PM, Varsity 7:30

I'm not going to be able to be there, but I'm pretty confident that the Warren Warriors are the better team on and off the court, and will win this game. Rivalries are tough, and they prepare you like no other game can for postseason play. Good luck, play hard, and Go Blue!

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Warren J.V.43...Marietta...39..2OT......Warren varsity 59...Marietta 35.. Defense, Defense,Defense. Good job BLUE!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

That win should give Warren at least a tie for the JV league title. Warriors are 10-2 while Marietta and Ironton are 8-4. WLHS has Gallipolis on Feb. 19 and Logan on Feb. 16 in a makeup game.

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

What i have been hearing and told about is true, this warren team is really good. #32 for warren seems to be the best player that might have come through in awhile. #1 is a monster on the inside with his size and strength. #20, #24, and #13 are good at doing the dirty work that every team needs. I don't understand why #23 didn't play more he seems to be a decent player. As for some of the others they are decent but don't seem to be near the caliber players as the others but what do you expect from high school ball. As i have seen in the past you usually have 5 or 6 players that are actually varsity caliber and then you have a few that think they are that caliber and then you have some that are only as good as a JV player. All in all it was a great couple games to take in and was well worth the price of admision. When do the warriors play again? Is their regular season finished? This is a fun team to watch and the coaching seems to be be pretty decent.

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

Glad I didn't have to work tonight as I was able to see the Warriors destroy and humiliate the Tigers. Well now i don't know who to believe as i saw AC was back in action and looked to be a little rusty but not to bad for the first game back after that long a layoff. I have decided to give out a award myself just like my ole buddy CC. This game Mr. Fivecoait will receive The BLUEMOON player of the game. What a awesome effort from him as he dominated the weaker Tigers. The only negative from the game was why coach Maddox seems to think that some of the JV players are actually good enough to come into the games early and try to contribute. The one who came in and got stuffed on a 3 pointer which lead to a easy layup must now appreciate what varsity ball is all about. I cannot go off into the night without mentioning Mr. Hastie, good effort tonight some mistakes but that is to be expected from a young player. Keep playing hard, you will get better and help this team big time in the future. Heard about your performance at Chillicothe, keep it up your defense has never been in question.

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 339 Tiger »

Good to hace ya back Bluemoon, glad you can make the game! Good to hear your Warrior c c slam in every post that you make! You take a positive night and have to add something about 1 moment about a JV player and make a big deal out of it... You are about the biggest _ss I think Ive seen post on these forums! You are one of the Happy Fans as Warrior C C referred to a while back,. You havent a CLUE to what the game is about and what it takes to play the game! Now the same person who was smashing the Hastie boy is now kissing some butt? You make no sense. So who will be next? Sure it will be another younger player! Just great knowing that Warren has idiots like you that keep the area HAPPY! So cant wait to see what you say when the Yoho boy gets in on Senior night next week cause Im sure that will just put you over the edge and sure you will be slamming him for having no skills and wonder why? So my new reward is the 339 Tiger Fan of the week (BIGGEST IDIOT) and I guess you receive the honors! Congrats!

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

Ah, yes 339 Tiger (mister hypocrite)! Do you actually remember how you started posting on these forums? Questioning the coaches and the desire of some of the starters, while all along posing as a Tiger fan. Maybe you actually are a Tiger fan who knows and who really cares. You also liked to agree with some early on about the state of the Warren program. So while i will happily accept your award you may need to go take a long look in the mirror and stare at that "horses behind" you see and think about who may be the real idiot and who needs to get a clue.

Good job Ironton Coaching Staff! Good job with exploiting the warrior weakness..(Defense). Until the warriors get better with this catagory, it could be a long season for the boys in blue. Warren def in need of some lineup changes from what im seein... not mentioning names but its getting obvious. I guess time will tell but 0-2 start in the league should open some eyes...even though the 2 openers were against the stronger teams. Just think some shooters would help compensate Venham underneath and help Fivecoait underneath with his very strong physical play. If the team played as hard as Fivecoait and Venham everytime out, they would be alot stronger.
Just dont see that in 3 of the 5 starters, maybe they can pass it down or bring in some fresh blood....Desire!!!!!
Cant wait to see the approach the staff takes to fix the obvious.....should be interesting cause its going to take CHANGE.....and thats what people are against it seems, at Warren, because it hurts the non athlete and the kid who doesnt have the great work ethic. So until I get back out to see the Warriors...Go Tigers!

Freeing up Cunningham and Hastie isnt what the warriors need, Looks like they are getting plenty of shots off...(maybe to many)...I agree that Brandon needs to take some more shots but just not forcing the issue and maybe just setting up the offense and working the ball around a little more. From what I have seen the last 2 games that I have watched is that it looks like not near enough movement and to many BAD shots. 3 pointers are great ( when your hitting them) but def not good when thats the only shot you are looking for. Maybe you should watch the JV a little closer because it seems like they really play alot more under control and dont rely near as much on the trey.
Ever considered placing Venham and Fivecoait with the 3 guards from the JV team and see what could happen?
Now that would really be interesting? That would open some eyes and maybe be a treat to watch but Im sure that would NEVER happen because it actually might work. Oh well, Good Luck to the Warriors in getting this program back to where it could possibly compete with the better teams in the league. Going to try to catch the warriors in action again soon but need to focus on the Tiger downfall at the moment, need to try to get us rolling again. Secrest has his work cut out for him thats for sure. So next time I am in the Warrior Gym maybe the boys in blue will be playing a little better and harder. GO TIGERS

I also like the game and voicing my opinion even if it upsets you from time to time. As its pretty obvious you have vested interest in some of the players. I mention that 1 moment because it was a big deal because it swung the momentum of the game from a 7 point lead i believe to a 2 point halftime deficit.

I agree jc bigblue...what is it that will please you Warrior C C ? Are you actually that smart and going to prove everyone wrong by bringing your negativity to this website? Just who do you think should be the starting 5...lets start there! If you are that smart and know THE GAME as you say you do' then please inform us of what it is that you think would help and why? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so PLEASE share yours! I have agreed on some things you have said but it seems like there are alot of things that most of us disagree with. I love the game as well and I like voicing my opinion also. So maybe if you just took some time and explained yourself some more then we could all get along! So I hope the sun does come out tomorrow cause being snowed in with no basketball really bites!

Warrior C C
Freshman Team

Post by Warrior C C »

Well-Well....Looks like some of the heat is coming off of me.....Go at it warrior fans.haha.
Good looking game the 2nd half for the warriors at the Tiger Den! Wasnt sure what Secrest was thinking, but I def seen that Big John was causing problems for the Warriors! Get a lead in the 2nd qtr with him in the game, and then he disappears the 3rd qtr? Not good coaching from what Ive seen. Warrior CC player of the game goes to Mr. Ellenwood again because of the timely shots to gain momentum. Mr Fivecoait was another huge factor though, and is really stepping his interior game up. Its def going to have to take his inside help because The Big Horse Venham seems to be struggling as of late. To many forced shots when nothing is there and altering of his own shots make him not so much of a factor. Not meeting the challenge from the other big men the last 3 games makes the Warriors questionable now in what they are going to do to compensate for this. Teams might start to get the hint that the ball doesnt come back out after being passed inside?Great to see AC back and looks like he will be ready for tourney play. (BLUEMOON-not sure a single blocked shot leads to a 9 point swing?) The Big John factor that lead warren to some altered shots inside and poor defense by the whole Warren team led to the deficit at halftime. Glad you like to bash though, makes you lower than myself :aaaaa12
The next two games should help the Warriors get some answers but really wont show against two sub-par teams. Chemistry is big and if the selfishness starts to play a role then early upset in tourney could happen.
Good luck the next 2 games and maybe warriors find some answers for upcoming tourney. :12222 The sun comes out tmrw!

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

john rolled his ankle

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

Well once again Warrior CC you show just how much you don't now about this game. Saying it was bad coaching on Secrest's part when if you actually paid attention to the game you would have seen Big John limp off in the 3rd after he came down on Fivecoaits foot trying to break our press. Yes i do think a blocked shot and uncontested layup that changes the momentum to be huge in any rivalry game. I would think a person of your social stature would be able to pick up on these things. Maybe you ought to stay with the political side of things in Warren athletics.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Ahhh...old men arguing about a team they claim to have no interest in other than "enjoying" watching.

Best of luck this week, Warren.

jcbigblue
Freshman Team

Post by jcbigblue »

Well I was correct for a half. All players excellent game and congrats on getting a 3 seed today. Time to focus now on Logan and Gallia and then onto the sectionals against Fairfield Union. With AC back, time for him to get readjusted to the players although him and Grant seemed to be getting their rhythm back just fine at the end of the game. As always lets go Warriors.

339 Tiger
Waterboy

Post by 339 Tiger »

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aaaaa14 LOOKING FOR A 10 to 15 foot JUMPSHOT FOR JACE KNOST? WILLING TO PAY TOP DOLLAR IF CAN FIND ONE. REALLY TOUGH TO COME BY, BUT I KNOW ITS OUT THERE SOMEWHERE.
LAST SEEN AT EVERY WARRIOR BASKETBALL GAME.......(IN WARMUPS)! SO NICE OF A SHOT AND SUCH A NICE FORM! HAVE SEEN IT IN AAU GAMES BUT IN WARRIOR VARSITY ITS LOST?
HAVE OFFERED FREE PIZZA AND CASH BUT STILL NO RESULTS. MAYBE IF WE START APPLAUDING IN WARMUPS WHEN HE SHOOTS THESE, HE MIGHT......JUST MIGHT SUPRISE EVERYONE AND TAKE A FEW IN THE GAME?
CAUSE JACE: I KNOW YOUR GOING TO READ THIS, SINCE I TOLD YA I WAS GONNA POST IT, SO.....................................YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO GIVE THE TEAM A MUCH NEEDED WEAPON AND COULD TAKE US TO THE CONVO AND BEYOND......................................SO PLEASE DONT MAKE ME POST ANOTHER WANT AD FOR THIS, CAUSE ITS GONNA BE EVEN BETTER NEXT TIME! LUV YA MAN! 2 GAMES LEFT TO GIVE THE WARRIOR NATION A SHOCK!!!!!!!!!!

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

339, I think i'm going to have to agree with you on this one in a way. Would love to see Jace start taking some off those shots from outside from time to time also. While i think it would be good I also really hate to see him out from under the bucket where he is so good at rebounding and getting second chance oppurtunities for this Warrior team.

I see Warren got the 3 seed and will play FU in the sectional semis. Well good luck to the Warriors in the rest of the regular season and in the tournament hope you all will make it further than an Warren team in the past.

Return to “Boys Basketball”