Tri-Valley Conference: Tournament Favorites & Sleepers

Which team will surprise everyone during sectionals?

Poll ended at Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Total votes: 0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Tri-Valley Conference: Tournament Favorites & Sleepers

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Gloaming wrote:Got a chance to see two of the higher seeds(Alex vs. Fed hock) in the DIII Athens Sectional do battle tonight...ugh...
Whoever said there hasnt been a dramatic drop off...go watch a game... both teams probably shot 25+ 3balls...poor defense and yet the score was in the 20's midway through the 3rd......For a team to be successful against the Lancers, double Thompson and make someone else score. From what I saw they run no offense. A pick and roll for a 3ball isn't an offense....They'll be an easy out if the head of the helm doesn't install an offense...which at this point probably won't happen.
Wasn't impressed with Alexander either, they're guard play is very average and they shoot way too many 3's...another recipe for an early exit...

I wish the TVC the best of luck...but once these DIII teams get out of the Athens sectional and play a school down on the river...or any school with a defender or two....it'll get ugly....

In DII....If Athens were as good as advertised...they should have beat Alexander in both meetings by 30+,they didn't.... The State Ranked Bulldogs will likely get stunned very early.

DIV...Didn't Eastern/Southern both go to OT with Fed Hock?.....enough said...

Sleepers: Athens/Eastern..and plenty of one and done teams

Well thank you for your wisdom!!!! I am so glad you used your basketball smarts to talk out of your A** for a while.

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

that's a mature response...wouldn't expect anything more though from what I pressume is a nelsonville fan.

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

The Gloaming wrote:that's a mature response...wouldn't expect anything more though from what I pressume is a nelsonville fan.

I like your honesty about the TVC but I feel like you have not fully observed teams enough to sit there and make such an explanation on the TVC, you are going on one game between Alex and Fed in which both teams played zones and box and 1's.

Athens has played EVERY and I mean EVERY game close and continued to choose the pace of every basketball game they were in.

Reedsville Eastern is one of the best teams in the Area and took a D-2 school to the ropes at their place in Athens.

You may be right about the teams down the river, but that does not give you a right to assume you know the cards on the TVC but you are entitled to your opinion.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The Gloaming wrote:that's a mature response...wouldn't expect anything more though from what I pressume is a nelsonville fan.

There aren't a whole lot of Nelsonville fans left.

There are lots of Nelsonville-York fans around though. ;-)

But, Like I said you seem to like to talk out of something other than your mouth.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

alex and fed will get out of their one game sectional since it's so weak and then they'll be destroyed in the first round of the district's. Athens if they get by Gallia will not get out past Warren. Eastern will make a run as will Southern with one of them going to the regional.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

ATHENS 78 ... I am not sure what your looking at buddy - but I don't see those D-III teams getting 'crushed' ... and Athens has just as good of shot at wining as Warren.

BTW ... You're Southern theory has holes as well ... Did you even look at the brackets or know what's going on in the tournament or are you just typing w/o even really looking over all the bracketes? Southern will have to play the No. 2 seed Eastern Pike (14-2) in Wellston before they can even make the Convo! Eastern doesn't even have a cake-walk either if they have to play Symmes Valley (10-5) in the 2nd round.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

athens78 wrote:alex and fed will get out of their one game sectional since it's so weak and then they'll be destroyed in the first round of the district's. Athens if they get by Gallia will not get out past Warren. Eastern will make a run as will Southern with one of them going to the regional.

Federal Hocking might have a little trouble getting out of there first game because they aren't the most consistant team around and all there scoring goes through 1 player.

Southern and Eastern will have to play each other in order for 1 of them to make a run ( You should really pay closer attention to the Brackets!) and quite frankly Warren isn't as good as advertised. Everyone can go ahead and over look Athens all they want. That way when they get beat by Athens they can use that as an excuse as to why they lost.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

O & B ... EASTERN & SOUTHERN WILL NOT HAVE TO PLAY EACH OTHER.

Eastern Meigs is the No. 1 seed .. they will play the winner of Trimble/Symmes Valley to get to the Convo.

Southern is the No. 3 seed .... they play the winner of Eastern Pike (No. 2 seed - 14-2) and Waterford.

EASTERN AND SOUTHERN WOLD NOT HAVE TO PLAY EACH OTHER ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE REGIONALS ...

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

93Bulldog wrote:O & B ... EASTERN & SOUTHERN WILL NOT HAVE TO PLAY EACH OTHER.

Eastern Meigs is the No. 1 seed .. they will play the winner of Trimble/Symmes Valley to get to the Convo.

Southern is the No. 3 seed .... they play the winner of Eastern Pike (No. 2 seed - 14-2) and Waterford.

EASTERN AND SOUTHERN WOLD NOT HAVE TO PLAY EACH OTHER ALL THE WAY UNTIL THE REGIONALS ...

Yea I kinda think they both might make it to regionals. Just have a feeling this year

EagleFan2010
Freshman Team

Post by EagleFan2010 »

Southern will NOT make it to regional. Eastern Pike will put them out.
I really appreciate the good comments about the Eastern Meigs time. We are a great time this year, and everyone forgets that we only lost to A-Town by 3! And that was in The Plains. To be perfectly honest, if we would have made the three ball that night and sunk some important free throws, we would have BEAT Athens. And that's the truth.
So, yeah, Eastern Meigs is going to the Convo. Name a team that will stand in their way.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

EagleFan2010 wrote:Southern will NOT make it to regional. Eastern Pike will put them out.
I really appreciate the good comments about the Eastern Meigs time. We are a great time this year, and everyone forgets that we only lost to A-Town by 3! And that was in The Plains. To be perfectly honest, if we would have made the three ball that night and sunk some important free throws, we would have BEAT Athens. And that's the truth.
So, yeah, Eastern Meigs is going to the Convo. Name a team that will stand in their way.

I wouldn't get to cocky, we all seen what happen in baseball last year, you had the best team and didn't make it out of Rio Grande. Anything can happen come tournament time.

King of Kings
Freshman Team

Post by King of Kings »

Let's show some solidarity this year in the TVC. Of course when we play each other all bets are off. ;-) I really feel like this holds us back as a league. A few years ago I went to the Trimble playoff football game and watched Waterford folks rooting for River. I don't know if they were coaches or not, but they were dressed in green jumpsuits with the Waterford logo on the front. Even being a Lancer I was rooting for the Cats that night. I heard from a very good source that coaches from other leagues was bashing the TVC-Hocking at the D4 tourney draw. I don't know I may be biased, but it always seems like we are sending one or two from both the Hocking and the Ohio to the regionals every year. Say what you want about the league in roundball every night is tough outing. REPRESENT THE TVC HOCKING AND OHIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see every TVC school thats playing a non-TVC school get a victory.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I totally agree with that King of Kings ... You won't find a lot of other 'leagues' actually rooting for each other either. But, with the TVC being a 'smaller conference' or considered a 'small school conference' - I think its important the teams, fans, supporters all try and make an effort to pull for each other come tournament time ...

I remember back in 2003 I think it was, or maybe it was 2002 ... When Vinton County made it to the district finals at the Convo versus Danta Jackson and Greenfield McClain - the Convo was as packed as I had ever seen in the 20 years that I had been going there to watch games ... I know over half that crowd was 'pro' Vinton and they weren't all Vinton people that's for sure ... it was huge crowd made up of folks from all over the TVC area and the scene was just awesome.

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

EagleFan2010 wrote:Southern will NOT make it to regional. Eastern Pike will put them out.

Shouldas, Couldas and Woulddas don't count in the win/loss column. You got beat. Period. If Athens would have made more shots, more free throws and less turnovers, they would have beat you by 15 or more. But you don't want to hear those shouldas, couldas, or wouldas. Do ya??

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Isn't only 1 D4 advaning to the regionals....if so Eastern and Southern could face in the district finals

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

93Bulldog wrote:I totally agree with that King of Kings ... You won't find a lot of other 'leagues' actually rooting for each other either. But, with the TVC being a 'smaller conference' or considered a 'small school conference' - I think its important the teams, fans, supporters all try and make an effort to pull for each other come tournament time ...

I remember back in 2003 I think it was, or maybe it was 2002 ... When Vinton County made it to the district finals at the Convo versus Danta Jackson and Greenfield McClain - the Convo was as packed as I had ever seen in the 20 years that I had been going there to watch games ... I know over half that crowd was 'pro' Vinton and they weren't all Vinton people that's for sure ... it was huge crowd made up of folks from all over the TVC area and the scene was just awesome.

2004...I was screaming my head off from the student section...lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

IMO..from listening to radio, reading on SEOPS, and elsewhere...it seems like the TVC-Ohio teams root for each other when in the postseason or non league..while the Hocking schools despise each other reguardless of who they are playing.

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

I don't think we despise each other. We just don't openly support each other. Many times I've been to tournament games and sat near the TVC team but quietly watched. I've seen other fans do the same thing. Guess I don't know why we're that way.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Dundas ... We were late getting to that game so needsless to say - we were cheering our heads off from up near the rafters!

lol

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Dundas wrote:IMO..from listening to radio, reading on SEOPS, and elsewhere...it seems like the TVC-Ohio teams root for each other when in the postseason or non league..while the Hocking schools despise each other reguardless of who they are playing.

I think most Hocking schools would root for each other, if it weren't for a few of their fans. It is hard to read a post like Eagle Fan 2010 wrote and root for them. It makes you want to see someone beat them. The sad thing is most of the fans aren't like this and neither are most players. But that is the kind of things that create dislike of schools in the Hocking.

Return to “Boys Basketball”