TVC-Hocking P.O.Y.??

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: TVC-Hocking P.O.Y.??

Post by Heavy D »

classof86 wrote:Guthrie didn't even affect the game against Eastern

Thats why they lost. So I guess that is a vote for him from 86. ;-)

sneake-pete
Freshman Team

Post by sneake-pete »

WOW to say Thompson dont play defence is the dumbest thing i have heard for a while (coming from some one from trimble makes it worse one word GRANDEE) Thompson can change a game at any time and if im not mistaken he has like 3 steals a game along with 8 to 10 rebounds 5 or 6 assist not to mention 20 points. Tyler is also a good kid and fun to watch he has a swager to him but not that cocky im better than you walk that you see with other kids with his ability. Tyler Thompson hands down

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

sneake-pete wrote:WOW to say Thompson dont play defence is the dumbest thing i have heard for a while (coming from some one from trimble makes it worse one word GRANDEE) Thompson can change a game at any time and if im not mistaken he has like 3 steals a game along with 8 to 10 rebounds 5 or 6 assist not to mention 20 points. Tyler is also a good kid and fun to watch he has a swager to him but not that cocky im better than you walk that you see with other kids with his ability. Tyler Thompson hands down

Win the league and you will get POY. If not, Eastern will get it.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

You don't have to win the league to get P.O.Y ... Eastern is such a great 'team oriented' group that sometimes post-season awards don't come their way ... I am willing to bet that Howie likes it that way too ... I am sure he wants his kids to win such awards, but he will take "TEAM AWARDS FIRST EVERYTIME."

I would not be surprised if TYLER THOMPSON recieves P.O.Y ... He's a great player, great athlete and superb kid off the court ... Noah Guthrie could make a case, but that award will be waiting for him next season ... Now, which would Easten fans rather have, a .500 team that gets one of their players the award OR be playing in the Convo a month from now?

If I had a vote, I would probably vote for Thompson ... Eastern would get more players on the ALL LEAGUE TEAM though and HOWIE would definitely get my vote for coach of the year.

TOMCAT_FAN
Waterboy

Post by TOMCAT_FAN »

classof86 wrote:Guthrie didn't even affect the game against Eastern

This last game he didn't. First time they played was a little different. Post players don't gaurd 3 pt shooters (Weinbrenner).

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Eastern will get the POY, and COY if they win the league. For gosh sakes they haven't won the league in forever.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Who then from Eastern? They kill their opponent with 'team consistency' and not just one player ... Jake Lynch seemed more dominate last season, not sure if its his knee or Howie has asked him to pass more and get others involved more ... Titus and Mike Johnson are both great players - but neither is leaned on heavily ... If they end up beating Southern and run-away-with-the title (then maybe an Eastern player gets the award.)

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Winebrenner

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

Post by trimblebookworm »

[quote="sneake-pete"]WOW to say Thompson dont play defence is the dumbest thing i have heard for a while (coming from some one from trimble makes it worse one word GRANDEE) Thompson can change a game at any time and if im not mistaken he has like 3 steals a game along with 8 to 10 rebounds 5 or 6 assist not to mention 20 points. Tyler is also a good kid and fun to watch he has a swager to him but not that cocky im better than you walk that you see with other kids with his ability. Tyler Thompson hands down[/quote

who keeps stats down there at fed hock?

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Keeping it on topic at bulldog's request. :mrgreen:

Oh, and my vote. It is a toss up........Thompson or Guthrie.

Best team? Iggles. No big standout, just a great team, thus, no POY from Eastern.
Last edited by Steely Dan on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

MENTALIST
Waterboy

Post by MENTALIST »

Steely DUNCE,

The bookworm is a highly educated college graduate,unlike the hanger ON YOU ARE. People that know you tell me you are the equal to GOMER. Back away from the BOOKWORM SO HE CAN GET BACK TO HIS GOOD WORKS IN SOCIETY.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

Sean Coppick or Winebrenner for me.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

MENTALIST wrote:Steely DUNCE,

The bookworm is a highly educated college graduate,unlike the hanger ON YOU ARE. People that know you tell me you are the equal to GOMER. Back away from the BOOKWORM SO HE CAN GET BACK TO HIS GOOD WORKS IN SOCIETY.

Oh, you bet. Your moniker on here is one of how many that bookworm now possesses? Hmmmm.

Go to bed, and stay off of here. You are giving a black eye to Simon Baker, and the show, with your user name.

Your post is so absolutely lame, lacking any depth or display of intelligence, that you just need to go back to class, and stay off of here.

I won't acknowledge anything else from you, or Bookworm. Bookworm got banished for being an idiot previously, so you are putting yourself in the same category. I'm really surprised that bookworm ever got posting privileges restored, based on her past behavior............ :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

for starters your an idiot, i wasnt banned for any amount of time and dont have any other names. i was on this thread making a post about the subject, and YOU came and started running your mouth about stuff not related to the topic. so shut up and take all your wisdom some where else.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Keeping on topic..... :122246
Last edited by Steely Dan on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

edited by SD to "stay on topic" :-D
Last edited by Steely Dan on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

MENTALIST
Waterboy

Post by MENTALIST »

Steely your other name must be PAUL BUNYAN, JUST KEEPING IT REAL!!!

trimblebookworm
Riding the Bench

i have never posted under any other name, its you that continues to show a lack of maturity and intelligence because you keep talking about stuff that never happend. so go ahead act like you know everything or maybe even "take the high road" and dont respond to me. i will be expecting another one of your vulguar and childish personal messages at any point.

Who9Dey
JV Team

Post by Who9Dey »

I dont agree how the all league is done in the TVC..Last year in the meeting since Waterford won they got 4 players...southern 3...fed and trimble 2 and eastern and miller 1. If I am off here please let me know... sometimes the number 1 team has 2 dominant players and 3 ave some teams have 3 pretty good players but the dominance of say a Cunningham will make it that the 4th best player on waterord make the all tvc team and say easterns 2nd best player doesnt get on and prob the 2nd best player on eastern is better than the 4th best on the champions team.
I had a hard time with this last year... I think coaches should nominate 3 players from each team and let the coaches vote...noone is going to tell me that method is correct...I mean no harm to wateford.. the people there were very nice and the ones I met were great but the starting "4" was all league...cmon

Tyler Thompson is the the POY ...he started coming on last year and was Feds go to guy last year at the end of the season and this year has put this team on his back and I feel he deserves the POY...thats just my opinion

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

edited by SD to stay on topic :shock:
Last edited by Steely Dan on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”