Re: South Point @ River Valley 1/26

Post by OSUFBALL21 »

over by the half.
when does Point play Peake??

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

I am going with the Pointers as well but up there youneve know!!! Peak plays at home against the Pointers in Feb 5th. I think the makeup is the 13th @ SP but am not sure on that one.

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

The Pointers will win by as much as they care to run the score up. I heard the makeup game at peake is very near the last game???

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

Game still on?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

heard sp won by 4. dont have a score on this yet. will have the story awhile later.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Final score.

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

was 43-39 with about 10 seconds remaining.... not sure if this was final or not.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

theassassin wrote:was 43-39 with about 10 seconds remaining.... not sure if this was final or not.

No it wasn't!
The score was 49-45 final River Valley led by 6 with 1:30 to go,was an awesome game to watch. Hollingsworth held Barnes in check all night until he fouled out with 1:30 to go Barnes scored 6 of their 8 points and ball game!!

Raiders are getting better game by game,Awesome job both teams congrats to Pointers.

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

ovc fan wrote:The Pointers will win by as much as they care to run the score up. I heard the makeup game at peake is very near the last game???

Yea Right! ! Guess you won't be going to Vegas to handi cap any games soon? Huh?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

ole_Bobcat wrote:
theassassin wrote:was 43-39 with about 10 seconds remaining.... not sure if this was final or not.

No it wasn't!
The score was 49-45 final River Valley led by 6 with 1:30 to go,was an awesome game to watch. Hollingsworth held Barnes in check all night until he fouled out with 1:30 to go Barnes scored 6 of their 8 points and ball game!!

Raiders are getting better game by game,Awesome job both teams congrats to Pointers.

sorry!!!!

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

What happened?

theassassin
All State

Post by theassassin »

jottings, i apologize for giving you the wrong score..... thanks to old bobkitten for correcting me

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... surprising score to me ... I really didn't feel this one would be an "on the edge of your seat" game ... great job by the Raiders "D" in this one ... SP? good teams find a way to get the job done - congratulations to Coach Barnes and Co. ...

ole_Bobcat
JV Team

Post by ole_Bobcat »

pfloyd wrote:... surprising score to me ... I really didn't feel this one would be an "on the edge of your seat" game ... great job by the Raiders "D" in this one ... SP? good teams find a way to get the job done - congratulations to Coach Barnes and Co. ...

Well RV is getting much better! Esp on Defense,they played a tough southern team right down to the wire in the Carl dome last wee

They have one of the fine young coaches in the area "Jordan Hill"he has gotten this young team to buy into his plan and it seems to be coming together. DEFENSE!!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

ol bobcat, thanks for putting me in my place. I do hope you win a couple. Those kids deserve it.

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

gotta really hand it to coach Hill. He has this team vastly improved from the start of the season. He took over in a very difficult situation and has handled it like a true pro. He gets my vote for "coach of the year" for sure.

HoopsHotHead
Varsity

Post by HoopsHotHead »

why try to stall when attacking the basket had been working all night? My question is: Will ALL the players that should be playing play next year now that coach Stout is gone? RV needs every capable body to come out for all sports. Do the players like Hill anymore than stout?

Should have kept attacking basket......never play not to lose........always play to win......turn them boys loose......just my opinion........GO RAIDERS!!! Nice job Parker!!

RvDistanceGuy
Waterboy

Post by RvDistanceGuy »

Personally I wouldn't want any players on the team that are the wishy-washy type and choose not to play because they "don't like the coach." That's a weak mentality. Blaming someone who will never make a bad pass, miss a key shot, or even take a shot at all is an exercise in futility. Working under people you don't like might be the best lesson that high school sports can possibly teach these kids. The lessons are king, after all. What is supposed to be happening inside that building? I guarantee they won't like every boss or supervisor they ever have. In fact, I bet the same is true of their parents and maybe even their teachers. Everyone has had a difficult situation. Nobody should skip out on a sport just because they can't keep their ego in check and play under a coach they don't quite agree with. You only get 4 chances to play in your life. Stay on for the camaraderie, if anything. Not saying you aren't right HotHead, as I realize that kids not coming out due to a coach is an unfortunate reality. Just saying that it seems like a terrible decision and one that doesn't reflect a person who has very much drive.

popcorn phil
Freshman Team

Post by popcorn phil »

hey hoopshothead, opinions are like 8th grade coaches who cant even be trusted with a key to the gym or muster enough energy to attend the banquet for his players. They are useless when they come from idiots.

Return to “Boys Basketball”