Belpre @ Federal Hocking 1/23

g w mclintock
All State

Re: Belpre @ Federal Hocking 1/23

Post by g w mclintock »

Congrats to the Lancers. Sounds like Tommy G. and Thompson were lightin' it up. Way to go guys...

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Belpre went up 7 with a minute and fourty to go .. tough loss boys

The Ultimate Lancer
JV Team

Post by The Ultimate Lancer »

Us spotlighters sure out on those rich city jerks tonite.......YES! Cant wait to pound them in football this fall!

Foxworthy
Freshman Team

Post by Foxworthy »

Great win for the Lancers! Let's keep the intensity rolling.

Heart and soul, Lancer Pride!

teach123
Freshman Team

Post by teach123 »

Rickoshay,

And don't forget...Belpre's coach said they were goin undefeated. And he sends his daughter to play at Fort Frye..that's school pride..lol.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

Catch One wrote:
Held Tate scoreless in the first half, I think he ended up with 21pts He is smooth
Go Lancers

I don't think he is really all that good. He acted like he didnt want to play in the first half. Then, he slaps the chair and yells F**K loud enough for everyone in the gym to hear when he fouled out....classy!...I was disappointed the ref didnt ring him up with a technical for that little episode. I wonder if he gets any punishment for that display.

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

This coach doesn't seem to have any more control of the players than the last coach. Makes you wonder was or is it the coach or just maybe its the players and the parents have to much influence on what actually goes on.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

teach123 wrote:Rickoshay,

And don't forget...Belpre's coach said they were goin undefeated. And he sends his daughter to play at Fort Frye..that's school pride..lol.

I don't recall anywhere where he said they would go undefeated and I doubt that he did.As for his daughter going to Ft Frye,she was there before he became coach.

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

Good hard played game from both sides. Shame that people trash the coaches and kids. For the correct info the previous coach resigned on his own. As far as I'm concerned he could have stayed for 100 years. Don't take cheap shots at situations unless you have some knowledge about it. He quit and a search started for a new coach, several canidates were interviewed and the AD suggested a coach to the board to hire for the position. Not sure how coaches contracts are done @ Fed but Belpre coaches are on a year to year basis. The board of education hired the current coach with no parents of the basketball team on the board or called for opinions. If I remember I think Belpre's coach went to Fed Hock, why all the HATE!!!!! GOOD LUCK to both teams from here on out. Belpre gets Fed Hock on senior night a@ Belpre 2-16.

GO EAGLES!!!

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Great job by the Lancers. Very good win.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

justlookin wrote:Good hard played game from both sides. Shame that people trash the coaches and kids. For the correct info the previous coach resigned on his own. As far as I'm concerned he could have stayed for 100 years. Don't take cheap shots at situations unless you have some knowledge about it. He quit and a search started for a new coach, several canidates were interviewed and the AD suggested a coach to the board to hire for the position. Not sure how coaches contracts are done @ Fed but Belpre coaches are on a year to year basis. The board of education hired the current coach with no parents of the basketball team on the board or called for opinions. If I remember I think Belpre's coach went to Fed Hock, why all the HATE!!!!! GOOD LUCK to both teams from here on out. Belpre gets Fed Hock on senior night a@ Belpre 2-16.

GO EAGLES!!!

wasnt bashing anyone....if what i SAW didnt happen, correct me....

justlookin
Freshman Team

Post by justlookin »

No HowardCosell your right and that should be dealt with, I was making my comments from Bluemoons post earlier. Without a doubt this team has not performed up to their abilities and own expectations for this season. NO way this Belpre team should be .500. Hopefully they can rally before tournament time. Oh well glad we can have a place to posts our opinions.

GO EAGLES!!!

orange and black
Freshman Team

Post by orange and black »

Teach123, where did Belpre's coach say they would go undefeated? I don't recall this, but you must know more than me. I doubt Coach Parsons would go and predict an undefeated season he isn't making any Lane Kiffin promises.

gotgame
Freshman Team

Post by gotgame »

He just said he wanted to "try" and win them all. Don't seem wrong to say that.

There isn't a team on this site that takes as much scrutiny and 'bad mouthing' as these kids do. The reasons are very clear to all those that support them.

GO EAGLES

BLUEMOON
Riding the Bench

Post by BLUEMOON »

justlookin wrote:Good hard played game from both sides. Shame that people trash the coaches and kids. For the correct info the previous coach resigned on his own. As far as I'm concerned he could have stayed for 100 years. Don't take cheap shots at situations unless you have some knowledge about it. He quit and a search started for a new coach, several canidates were interviewed and the AD suggested a coach to the board to hire for the position. Not sure how coaches contracts are done @ Fed but Belpre coaches are on a year to year basis. The board of education hired the current coach with no parents of the basketball team on the board or called for opinions. If I remember I think Belpre's coach went to Fed Hock, why all the HATE!!!!! GOOD LUCK to both teams from here on out. Belpre gets Fed Hock on senior night a@ Belpre 2-16.

GO EAGLES!!!

Never did i say he was fired, yeah i figured he resigned on his own. What cheap shot did I take? I was just comparing the kids and parents attitudes from last year to this year and there seems to be no difference. Before you say how would you know, I have seen plenty of games from prior years and this year. With this group of kids its all about me not we it is pretty obvious because they really are talented just are to worried about themselves not what has to be given up to make the team win. This is the same problem the other coach was having when he was there.

Return to “Boys Basketball”