South Webster @ Waverly 1/15 JEEPS WIN.

dimedrop4
All State

Re: South Webster @ Waverly 1/15

Post by dimedrop4 »

Jeeps hold on to win!!!!! 53- 48 I think was the final. Don't hold me to that...texts can get confusing lol

basketballparent
Freshman Team

Post by basketballparent »

Jeeps win...don't know the score yet...but we WON!!! Way to go jeeps!

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

WOW!! Great Job Jeeps!!!

You guys just keep astounding me! Keep up the good work and...

STAY HUNGRY!!!

Trivium5
Freshman Team

Post by Trivium5 »

Absolutely the WORST officiating I have seen in a high school basketball game in a LONG time. For example, what about when Roback took the alley oop pass and then hung on to the rim for about, one second after the ball went flying. They gave him a Technical! For pete sake, there was a player underneath him! Luckily it was overturned. What would you want him to do, fall on him and injure a player? Take this one for example, what about when Roback stole the ball, made the layup to put Waverly up by 1 and a shot at an and-on situation. What happens? The ref overturned the call about 30-45 seconds after it happened! It was absolutely dreadful. In my opinion, he shouldn't be hired again, ANYWHERE!

lilb-baller
Waterboy

Post by lilb-baller »

Where in the world was Devin Kelly, blows my mind he wasnt in the game much. Devin was the ball handler tonight and it showed when he was in. Great job tonight Devin and also Harrison with a bad ankle, should have won by 8 but cant get the free wons. Officiating was terrible the worst yet but life goes on. Tigers get past it and lets go on, West tommrow night lets get it turned around!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Congrats on the big win SW......nice.

#1 seed in D4 @ Valley!

Waverly can't get that far behind at home and complain about officiating.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly made 11 FT's and missed 9 for the game.

Martin did not come in the game until about 3:30 to go in the 3rd. He sprained his ankle in practice Wednesday and hadn't walked on it until game time.

Waverly cut the lead to 3 at 45-42 with 2:56 to play on a 3 by Johnston (Waverly's only 3 of the game). The Tigers could not buy a 3.
The lead was cut to 1 at 44-45 with 2:02 to play and the pivotal call on Roback made at 1:54 to go. After a steal Roback went up for the basket and was fouled. The official under the basket was calling the foul on the Jeeps. Waverly would have been up 1 with Roback shooting one. Like was said by Trivium, about 30 seconds after the call the official at halfcourt came in and said it was a charge. Total blown call and HUGE momentum swing.

Scott made 1-2 from the line with 1:52 to play to put the Jeeps up 2 at 46-44. After the Tigers couldn't convert Scott made 2 more feebies to make it 48-44 with 1:37 to play. Kretzer scored for Waverly with 1:24 to play to make it 48-46. Scott made two more FT's with 1:19 to make it 50-46. Krezter made 2 FT's with .58 to play to cut it to 50-48. Wes Loop went 1-2 from the line to make it a 3 point lead with .34 to play. Waverly could not convert on a 3 attempt and Kretzer fould out with 7.6 to play sending Scott to the line where he sank both shots for the 53-48 final.

South Webster scored all 11 4th quarter points from the line, going 11-14 in the period.

Scott lead the Jeeps with 20 points, Wes Loop added 11, Austin 9, Malone 4, Sutton 4, Wright 3, Queen 2.

Waverly was lead in scoring by Kretzer with 16, Roback added 11, Johnston 9, Martin 6, Kelly 4, Malone 2.

The non-technical call on Roback for grabbing the rim was the correct call. He grabbed the rim to avoid the undercut. The JV ref was signaling for the T but the varsity official met with him and rightfully overturned the call.

Our prayers go out to Referee Greg Abbott who suffered a pretty nasty ankle injury early in the game. It did not look good.

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Tigers2010, who initiated the contact on the block/charge?
Last edited by playtowin on Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

The time is 1/2 off on this site.

flash
JV Team

Post by flash »

It looks like the JEEPS are BACK.

Jump23
Freshman Team

Post by Jump23 »

FOUL SHOTS!!!! 55% from the strip to i think SW 70 something %?? Right their is the game folks even if the officiating was not the best FOUL SHOTS win big games!!

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

Great Win For South Webster!

It is difficult to read about Waverly posters complaining about the referees---They overruled the technical so why point it out? What they did miss was the ball had gone out of bounds and in their confusion they decided to go by the possession arrow which gave the ball to South Webster, but they lost the arrow! The 10 second call in the 4th quarter when 8 seconds of real time came off of the clock---the ball that everyone in the gym knew went off of a Waverly player's leg on the sideline yet the ref nearest the ball didn't see it and had to ask for help----Waverly ball.

The block/charge was a tough call ---- could have gone either way, but the ref who ended up calling it a charge did not hesitate on his call----he called it a charge immediately! The ref under the basket didn't want to make the call and pointed to the ref who had called it a charge, and after discussing it they went with the charge. This was the first call South Webster had go their way in about 2 or 3 minutes of game time.

All four coaches from Waverly were consistently up and yelling at the referees in the 4th quarter----a good referee crew will never let an assistant coach yell or talk to him. Doesn't happen! I believe Waverly's coach was fortunate he didn't get T'd up after Roback's T that was overruled. He slammed his water bottle down to the ground and it actually came up and richocheted off of the ref's leg. Yet.......... Waverly people are complaining about the refs at HOME because of a block/charge call that in my mind was made correctly.

Funny, how we see things differently!

The referees didn't come into play until the 4th quarter and for the most part if an impartial person was watching the game I guarantee you they would tell you that the refs did not cost Waverly that game. Waverly was behind the whole game and South Webster made some HUGE foul shots in the 4th quarter. 11-14 with 3 of those opportunities being one and one's.......

I also believe that Most Waverly people have been saying that their point guard is the best in the league----he was the second best point guard on the floor tonight---there is no doubt about that. And, Martin being out for Waverly was also big as he has killed South Webster inside the last few years---but injuries happen and you have to deal with them. I thought Waverly looked out of sync tonight until they ratcheted up the pressure.

Great High School Game! Oak Hill and South Webster are 2 games clear--but it is very early in the league season and Waverly and or Wheelersburg and or Valley will have a lot to say about the final results before everything is said and done.

Finally, South Webster won 3 games in the regular season in each of the last two seasons............to be 6-0 with wins at Portsmouth and Waverly----- WOW!!!

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Wow...if there were any doubts about Webster before tonight, they should be erased now. Like ironman said, I gotta believe these big wins of late place them in the lead for the #1 seed at Valley in the D4 tourney barring a huge collapse (and that is huge b/c you avoid having to play Manchester or Whiteoak in sectional). Keep it up Jeeps*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

just got back from the game and dinner.

Have not read the comments but these Ref's need to get their eyes checked.Thats all I have to say about that. Foul shots win games simple as that, Scott knocks down several in the bonus. Wes Loop too. Waverly couldn't hit the broadside of a barn from the foul line. Big rebounds inside for Sutton and Queen. Austin Loop didn't have the guns blazin tonight but he was there defensively. Good game guys.

Also kudos to the JV ref who got dressed again and filled in for the injured ref. I was watching him when it happened and it made me cringe.

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

Good job Jeeps! I wish Martin would have been able to play tonight. I would like to see how the Jeeps would have measured up then. But, again, Good Job Jeeps!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

that big boy on Waverly needs to work on his paint skills.

claypantherfan
All State

Re: South Webster @ Waverly 1/15 JEEPS WIN.

Post by claypantherfan »

Sounds like it was a good game

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

What big boy swanker pine? Give us a number.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The one who was big and not Roaback. I believe it was 15. he got the T for hanging on the rim. He got inside easy but couldn't make a layup hardly. if he could have finished 75 percent of those, Waverly wins.

Can See All
Riding the Bench

Post by Can See All »

Dear Waverly fans,

When Waverly doesn't commit a turnover or miss foul shots in a game and still loses, THEN you may complain about officiating.

Return to “Boys Basketball”