Northwest @ South Webster 12/18/09

bulkmove
Freshman Team

Re: Northwest @ South Webster 12/18/09

Post by bulkmove »

I'm predicting a good game. 68-66, Webster in a buzzer beater!

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

Im gonna go with Northwest by around 15 or 20.....The team is clicking like never before after all these years of playing together, and they're all doing what they need to....Hank Leslie is gonna get his especially against a smaller team, Kreig Crabtree is shooting better then anybody in the S.O.C right now, Chaise Hall is being underappreciated as a point guard very few turnovers from him this year, Kenny Crabtree is getting his garbage points and brings an energy to the team, Eric Frantz is giving whoever he is guarding fits with his shutdown style of defense, and off the bench you get 2 great shooters and defenders in Dylan Brown and Jeremy Blankenship....and they are in great shape from what I can tell.

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

I really feel that this will be a close game either way. South Webster is playing well and winning, however they have not really played anyone all that strong yet. This will be their first test of the season in my opinion. We will really get to see where SW is after this game.

SW is going to try and push the tempo of the game. They are a lot like the Valley team of last year which caused huge matchup problems for Northwest last year. Northwest is probably the better team, but the style of play of SW may cause huge matchup problems. If Northwest can dictate tempo and get into a half court game, they win. If SW can keep the game fast, they win. JMO

Northwest always plays well in a half court game. They have not played anyone yet who wants to get out and run for 4 quarters like Valley did last year. Who ever can dictate the tempo of the game wins this one in my opinion.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

eaglegrad wrote:I really feel that this will be a close game either way. South Webster is playing well and winning, however they have not really played anyone all that strong yet. This will be their first test of the season in my opinion. We will really get to see where SW is after this game.

SW is going to try and push the tempo of the game. They are a lot like the Valley team of last year which caused huge matchup problems for Northwest last year. Northwest is probably the better team, but the style of play of SW may cause huge matchup problems. If Northwest can dictate tempo and get into a half court game, they win. If SW can keep the game fast, they win. JMO

Northwest always plays well in a half court game. They have not played anyone yet who wants to get out and run for 4 quarters like Valley did last year. Who ever can dictate the tempo of the game wins this one in my opinion.

Coach Ater will have them up and running this game. I guarantee it

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

eaglegrad wrote:I really feel that this will be a close game either way. South Webster is playing well and winning, however they have not really played anyone all that strong yet. This will be their first test of the season in my opinion. We will really get to see where SW is after this game.

Webster played and beat Portsmouth who just recently beat the Burg? I don't know if i would say they haven't played anyone strong, they definitely have not played a tough schedule but they handled Portsmouth, who appears to be headed in the right direction this season, pretty well.
Anyway, I also feel that whoever controls the tempo wins. Real shocker, I know... If Webster runs the ball, they win. If Northwest slows it down and pounds it inside to Hank, they win. Simple as that.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Sounds like Webster will have to get Leslie in foul trouble to pull away in this one.

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

Portsmouth is headed in the right direction, but they will be lucky to win 7 or 8 games this year. Have you seen their schedule? While Burg is definitely a good win for them, Burg is not as good as advertised or at least not playing as good as advertised. They are 2-2 and should be 1-3 if Northwest hadnt given up a 17 point 4th quarter lead. Burg is struggling right now and have a good chance of losing to Waverly tonight. Portsmouth is just average this year.

The Bathtub Legend
Waterboy

Post by The Bathtub Legend »

eaglegrad wrote:Portsmouth is headed in the right direction, but they will be lucky to win 7 or 8 games this year. Have you seen their schedule? While Burg is definitely a good win for them, Burg is not as good as advertised or at least not playing as good as advertised. They are 2-2 and should be 1-3 if Northwest hadnt given up a 17 point 4th quarter lead. Burg is struggling right now and have a good chance of losing to Waverly tonight. Portsmouth is just average this year.

You make it sound like just because Portsmouth plays a tough schedule, they are a weak team? How does that make any sense? Playing a tough schedule would do nothing but make them a better team?
On another note... South Webster Beats Northwest by 3 in a heck of a game. At times the jeeps were up by as many as 13 points but the Mohawks cut the lead down and eventually went up themselves. A rebound and 2 crucial free throws by sophomore Austin Loop seals the victory for the Jeeps.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Heck of a game. looked like a blowout in the making coming into half time but NW pulled up close.

Scott started out hard inside with a few layups. the Loop boys then made it a lead with their lights out 3 point shooting.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

The Jeeps are now 4-0 and move on to saturday night to play ironton st. joe

you guys played "super" tonight.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Tobias wrote:
eaglegrad wrote:Portsmouth is headed in the right direction, but they will be lucky to win 7 or 8 games this year. Have you seen their schedule? While Burg is definitely a good win for them, Burg is not as good as advertised or at least not playing as good as advertised. They are 2-2 and should be 1-3 if Northwest hadnt given up a 17 point 4th quarter lead. Burg is struggling right now and have a good chance of losing to Waverly tonight. Portsmouth is just average this year.

Portsmouth is now 2-2 following a victory on the road against previously undefeated Warren...

:mrgreen:

I believe Warren is a division 2 team?,that was undefeated when we rolled into town.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

nice win for the jeeps, they are playing real well as a team

murmur
Riding the Bench

Post by murmur »

The Jeeps are fun to watch this year!

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Open mouth insert foot and chew thoroughly. Congrats to the Jeeps.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great win for the Jeeps. Good to see them get some offense from Austin Loop...they'll need a third scoring option behind Wes Loop and Connor Scott if they want to go anywhere. I figured Leslie would give them problems inside (and he did), but they shut down everyone else for the Mohawks.

As for the snowout Saturday night, probably good timing for the Jeeps. Would have been a classic letdown game plus the fact they played such a close and physical game the night before. Hopefully they get it rescheduled sometime next week as their next game isn't until January 5th.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

I believe Austin has had 10+ points in all the games this season. He's big in the clutch situations. the free throws he hit in the end to seal the game, the three point shots etc etc. Player of the game IMO.

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

Player of the game... AGREED! Congrats jeeps! Let's keep this winning thing somethin of the usual!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

dimedrop4 wrote:Player of the game... AGREED! Congrats jeeps! Let's keep this winning thing somethin of the usual!

they have already matched last seasons total wins. :-D

Return to “Boys Basketball”