Newboston at Clay 12-11-09

dimedrop4
All State

Re: Newboston at Clay 12-11-09

Post by dimedrop4 »

I will be shocked if Clay doesn't win, but you never know what Coach Stapleton and his boys can bring to the table on any given night. I'll say Clay by 12.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

I think Burchett is going to have a huge game Friday night. He is due for a big game he hasnt been playing like his self lately? I watched him play against South Webster and that game he was focused. Hopefully he can lead his team to a W this Friday! Good Luck Panthers!!!!

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

I guess I have to sort of agree with dunk23 on one thing. We aren't as strong as the teams we have played, except maybe S. Webster. Summer open gym isn't just playing pick up ball, it's also conditioning to play a higher level physically. That's something you can do whether you play another sport, or not.

post101
Waterboy

Post by post101 »

I look for lawson and porter to have a big game on the rebounding and scoring down low nb has no size that can defeond them

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Clay needs to focus more on playing a good team game and not hoping someone has a "big" game. Coach T will usually put a stop to a big game by pulling out the hot shooter. We need to see good balance in scoring like they did against HHS in the foundation game where 5 or 6 boys score 8-10 points each.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

my2cents wrote:Clay needs to focus more on playing a good team game and not hoping someone has a "big" game. Coach T will usually put a stop to a big game by pulling out the hot shooter. We need to see good balance in scoring like they did against HHS in the foundation game where 5 or 6 boys score 8-10 points each.

I still don't understand why he pulls people when they start scoring like he does and he has been doing this for 2 years now

cbaseball33
Freshman Team

Post by cbaseball33 »

Yea when someone starts to get hot he pulls them out. He sat the starters out the whole 4th quarter?

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

cbaseball33 wrote:Yea when someone starts to get hot he pulls them out. He sat the starters out the whole 4th quarter?

yeah didnt understand that one either but I am sure we will see it again

eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Post by eaglegrad »

I am not sure why you all are always on your coach. Not saying that he makes all the right decions, but what coach does. Supporting the coach should be the first step in making the program more successful. From the outside looking in, Clay is not all that talented, contrary to what people from Clay keep saying. Yes, they will win some ball games and be okay, but they are just average at best. I dont think any coach would make that big of a difference. It is not the coach's fault that the kids cannot dribble up the court or that they turn the ball over so much. They just panick under pressure. At Minford, they could barely get the ball across half court. I am not saying that Coach T would be coach of the year, but I do really think that he is making decisions based upon what he thinks is best for the team. If your starters play for 3 quarters and are down 30 points, they probably dont need to be in the game anyways. Just saying.

J-Bird
Freshman Team

Post by J-Bird »

What's happened to clay so far this year??? WOW. Did not see this start to their season, but most people didn't either. I see this game as a must win for Clay if they still want to show they can be one of the top teams in the soc1 this year. Its hard to call a game this early in the season a must win, but if clay loses this game, making it four in a row. That's gonna really hurt the teams confidence going forward. Their gonna have to win this one to get their confidence back, and back on track. i see Clay pulling this one out by 6.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

Nothing has "happened" to Clay this year. They started out against three very tough SOC II teams. NW, is going to be a challenger in the SOC II, SW is a lot better team than everyone expected (just ask Portsmouth) and Minford is always talented. Clay starts out every year with tough teams. Division play will determine how they will fair in their own conference.
As for the coach, I think we do support him and have for the past three years, but if you don't win, you don't coach for long, and Coach T hasn't found a way to win yet. No one wants to see the team win 12 or more games this year than me, but if they only win 5 games again this year, it might be time to look for new leadership.

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

I have watched Clay for many years and have watched coach T since he came there. I still have no clue what he is doing (don't think he does either.) Clay has a decent team this year but will be out coached about 15 times this year. IMO his greatest coaching victory at Clay came at the previews this year against Waverly where, if anyone attended, watched him coach his tail off for 2 qtrs. while Waverly's bench talked about where they were going to stop and eat at after this was over. NB's coach gets more out of less than anyone in the County. I'm going with the Tigers in this one.

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

We must have watched different games at the previews Frank. Coach T did a wholesale 5 man substitute at the 4 minute mark in both quarters at the previews and just sat and watched, Waverly made no subs (That I saw) in the first quarter and brought the starters back in at the 4 minute mark in the second quarter. Not that I am defending his coaching style, but Clay shot the lights out at the Previews and at the HHS foundation game. When that teams shows back up again, lookout.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Well tonight will be a big game for Clay to see if they pull them selves out of this slump they put them selves in at 0-3 but I am sure they will be able to do so

amazinghocks
JV Team

Post by amazinghocks »

Sorry new boston but prepared for the worse

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

eaglegrad wrote:I am not sure why you all are always on your coach. Not saying that he makes all the right decions, but what coach does. Supporting the coach should be the first step in making the program more successful. From the outside looking in, Clay is not all that talented, contrary to what people from Clay keep saying. Yes, they will win some ball games and be okay, but they are just average at best. I dont think any coach would make that big of a difference. It is not the coach's fault that the kids cannot dribble up the court or that they turn the ball over so much. They just panick under pressure. At Minford, they could barely get the ball across half court. I am not saying that Coach T would be coach of the year, but I do really think that he is making decisions based upon what he thinks is best for the team. If your starters play for 3 quarters and are down 30 points, they probably dont need to be in the game anyways. Just saying.

Truth that.............. i agree

Jake Lane
JV Team

Post by Jake Lane »

Tonight's game was a simple who wanted it more game. Coaches could have stayed home. I think Clay needs to take a lesson from the younger kids. Protect the ball, and play defense!

independent2012
Freshman Team

Post by independent2012 »

who won the game?

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Winner please!!

post101
Waterboy

Post by post101 »

Clay won 51 to 47 it was a good game it came down to who wanted more. Clay out rebounded them by 20 porter and Lawson owned to boards tonight the clay team is really starting to come together each players are starting to see what their roles are... Good job boys

Return to “Boys Basketball”