West @ East

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Thoughts?

Should be a close ball game.

sider
All Conference

Re: West @ East

Post by sider »

I think West takes it..East seems to be down, they have some a few good ones in the Garretts, but they are so small...Also the factor that Bradford knows his kids, and probably knows Easts gameplan. I think West slows the tempo and lets Pendleton and Groves go to work and be physical down low...also I think West needs some more consistency as far as having a leader and one player they give the ball to in pressure situations, I understand only two games have been played, but I'm hoping they find a kid that wants to control the game.

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Should be close, East is going to have to be aggressive and push the tempo.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

what the word on Rawlins?,if he can come back at any tme,he could help the Tartans

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

Word is Rawlins could be back in a couple games

chosenone
Waterboy

Post by chosenone »

East wins by 3..i think it will be a close one

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

West should have this one they are bigger then east and are just better athletes then east which will help

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

If the Garret boys are hot, then East wins. If not, West by a bunch.

5HDbOy
Riding the Bench

Post by 5HDbOy »

west by as many as they want

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

I'd like to see East take this one, but its gonna be tough since Bradford is bringin a new bunch into his former school, and knows better than any other coach how to play a basketball game in that gym*....

I'll say East by 3 in OT. GO TARTANS!

dimedrop4
All State

Post by dimedrop4 »

East 76
West 71
OT

Wow, I was close on the prediction. Radio said East trailed basically the whole game, tied it up at the end of the 3rd, and both teams scored 10 in the final quarter to force OT. Big win for the Tartans tonight! Congrats!

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

At one point I believe they were down by as many 12 and came back. First time in a while that I have the size of student section at East in a while and they were into the game.

siderfanfourlife210
Riding the Bench

Post by siderfanfourlife210 »

This was the worst called game i have ever seen in 30 years of basketball and it was terriable both ways. Its a wonder that a free for all didnt take place, but give both teams credit for holding thier composure and not letting it come to a head.It was a shame someone had to go home a loser. East hit some freethrows down the stretch to come out on top congrats to the tartans from a sider who has kids who are tartans.and a son on the team. :122246

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I would guess the Tartans were very fired up tonight playing against there former coach in Bradford.Great win...Congrats!

Black@Orange
Freshman Team

Post by Black@Orange »

Absolutely the worst officiating game I have ever seen. I believe that West was up by 12-14, late in the 3rd or early 4th. Then charge, after charge, after charge, after charge, after charge. Someone pleaeeeeeeeeeeeese explain to me the call to start the over time. The teams set up for the jump ball at half court. Refs toss the ball up West gets the tip, takes the ball down for a layup. After the basket is made the ref blows his whistle, and calls the basket good for East. Then he says the players lined up in the wrong direction. Takes 2 pts. from West and gives East 2. Just because they let the kids line up wrong. Correct me if Im wrong but wouldn't that be the referees job to line the kids up in the right direction. These men should have to apologize to both teams, for being so under qualified. I know East will be happy to beat Coach Bradford, But everybody who witnessed the game knows why East won the game.
Last edited by Black@Orange on Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

southernohiofan
JV Team

Post by southernohiofan »

another unexpected finish tonight, i really thought west would win this one by the way nice prediction dime

siderfanfourlife210
Riding the Bench

you are absolutly right about the refs setting up the teams in the right direction.and i agree they should have to apoligise(oops) to both teams. the charge after charge was only 1 and 2 at the most, the other 15 charge calls was blocking fouls or no calls.No way should a ref ever let any player in his face pleading or complaining for any length of time; but these so called refs let both teams do it all night long. this game was out of hand half way through the 1st quarter.JMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!No kid on any team should be cheated out of a game because of refrees and that is plural it wasnt just 1 it was all 3 they definatly was all in the same 2 hour class. :lol:

siderfanfourlife210
Riding the Bench

Has Charles Barkley would say thats terriable just terriable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my2cents
S

Post by my2cents »

If someone has video of the refs allowing the players to set up facing the wrong way on the OT tip-off and then awarding the basket to the other team when they took the tip to the basket they were facing, they need to send a copy to the OHSAA and have these refs pulled from Varsity level games.

battlecat
Waterboy

Post by battlecat »

so is the rawlins kid for sure back at east?

Return to “Boys Basketball”