D2 Logan Sectional

thebarlowbandit
All State

Re: The D2 Logan Sectional

Post by thebarlowbandit »

bman wrote:Fairfield Union has a big game on Tuesday, hosting D1 two-loss St. Charles. Could be a resume builder for the Falcons to vault VC if VC loses again.

FU will always be at the disadvantage of the other teams never play them. They petition to be in the SE because it's an easier path, yet they do not play any of them.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens vs Meigs Tuesday will be big. I expect if Meigs wins, they could jump to the 5 seed

final4
Waterboy

Post by final4 »

It looks like Fairfield Union has played Unioto, Logan, Sheridan, Logan Elm 2x, Circleville and New Lexington from the southeast. That is half of there schedule.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Raider6309 wrote:Athens vs Meigs Tuesday will be big. I expect if Meigs wins, they could jump to the 5 seed
Agree completely

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Meigs plays vinton at home on friday, big week for the marauders.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

final4 wrote:It looks like Fairfield Union has played Unioto, Logan, Sheridan, Logan Elm 2x, Circleville and New Lexington from the southeast. That is half of there schedule.
Yes it is they also scrimmage Warren every year

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
bman wrote:Fairfield Union has a big game on Tuesday, hosting D1 two-loss St. Charles. Could be a resume builder for the Falcons to vault VC if VC loses again.

FU will always be at the disadvantage of the other teams never play them. They petition to be in the SE because it's an easier path, yet they do not play any of them.

You might want to do your research before making claims against other schools. As 2 other gentlemen have pointed out, half of FU's schedule is SE District teams.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Smeltzy wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

You might want to do your research before making claims against other schools. As 2 other gentlemen have pointed out, half of FU's schedule is SE District teams.

You are the one missing facts, 1/2 of their schedule? Really? The other teams of the SE District play out all their games in the SE and these teams see each other. Not meant as a slap to anyone, just a little realism. FU has struggled getting high seeds in both the girls and boys side.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Smeltzy wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

You are the one missing facts, 1/2 of their schedule? Really? The other teams of the SE District play out all their games in the SE and these teams see each other. Not meant as a slap to anyone, just a little realism. FU has struggled getting high seeds in both the girls and boys side.
FU was the 1 seed last year so I'm not sure where that came from. I think the coaches in the district understand who they pmay. I think there is a good mix of SE teams and other teams right now for FU.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Hard to argue you are better than the defending regional champ with everything back

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Smeltzy wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

Ok......technically not half. But considering the league they are in and being closer to Central Ohio....its just more likely that they schedule more central Ohio than SE. I think they try to do the best they can and also try to schedule some D1 schools for the experience. I'm not trying to say they are as good as VC at all either, but I hope they get another chance.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

thebarlowbandit wrote:
Smeltzy wrote:
thebarlowbandit wrote:

This never seems to hurt Logan Elm. They have a very similar schedule as FU.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Warren moves to 2?

Go Blue
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Looks like these are almost locks in those seeds

1. Vinton
2. Fairfield Union
3. Warren
4. Sheridan
5. Athens

6 and 7 will be Logan elm or Meigs
Play in game will be Marietta vs New Lexington

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote:Looks like these are almost locks in those seeds

1. Vinton
2. Fairfield Union
3. Warren
4. Sheridan
5. Athens

I hope you are right. I have seen funny things happen in this sectional.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

I just want to see Dennis vs Young, Stiverson vs Maddox at Logan

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Whs95fan wrote:Warren moves to 2?
Come on now. Fairfield Union lost to a two-loss D1 school. Now if they lose to Amanda, Granville or Teays Valley, you may have an argument.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Raider6309 wrote:Looks like these are almost locks in those seeds

1. Vinton
2. Fairfield Union
3. Warren
4. Sheridan
5. Athens

That looks pretty good to me barring any unforeseen losses.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

My guess
#1 Vinton vs winner of #8 Marietta vs #9 New Lexington
#2 Fairfield Union vs #7 Meigs
#3 Warren vs #6 Logan elm
#4 Sheridan vs # 5 Athens

Return to “Boys Basketball”