It's that time of year again!

Best way for coach to get a call...

Total votes: 0

Chief Kdogg
JV Team

It's that time of year again!

Post by Chief Kdogg »

Over on Lucifers' cult (aka JJ huddle) before it turned satanical we use to have this contest called "pick the best technique for a coach to scare the refs and maybe get a call or two :122249 ." So lets have a poll to see what you all think. You can choose between:

The Stomp

The Stare

The Scowl

Or my personal favorite The Scream

You can also list any others you may like. Thanks for voting, and as always

JMTG :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Heavy D
All Conference

Re: It's that time of year again!

Post by Heavy D »

I hate that stomp. But it does seem to get some refs to change their calls. At least it does at Eastern. Not so much at other places unless it is a young ref. You can usually tell which ones will cave to the stomp. Its the ones that huddle around Howy and ask for his autograph before the game. :lol:

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

scream and cry

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

How bout the breath and the fang? I have heard that combination can be brutal, but very effective. :lol:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I think coach Combs does a combination of all of these! He likes to slap his chair and wave his arms around and yell like hes found a bees nest! lol...Sometimes it works...sometimes it results in a T...but its always for good reason and makes VC games that much better to watch!! Competitive coach who wears his emotions on his sleeve! Cant wait till it all begins!!

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Dundas wrote:I think coach Combs does a combination of all of these! He likes to slap his chair and wave his arms around and yell like hes found a bees nest! lol...Sometimes it works...sometimes it results in a T...but its always for good reason and makes VC games that much better to watch!! Competitive coach who wears his emotions on his sleeve! Cant wait till it all begins!! I just wish we had a football coach like him!

Personally, I love the STROMP that Howie uses...

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

coachK wrote:I really like it when Howy gets STOMPED! :lol:

I can understand that coming from an ex-Trimble coach. :lol:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

Gilligan wrote:You guys are all WRONG....Its the STRAMP this year...

Ok I ll bite, what is the stramp.

Baldeagle
Varsity

Post by Baldeagle »

Its waht you do to avoid losing teeth in summerfields.... :lol:

Heavy D
All Conference

Post by Heavy D »

best way for a coach to get a call...

To be honest none of these are the best way for the coach to get calls. The best way is to hire refs that will make the calls you want. There is one place where they only hire refs that love the coach and really wants to do games there. Then when they make a call the coach dont like he just tells them they wont get no more games there with calls like that. He usually stomps his foot right before he tells them that so that is why everyone thinks its the stomp but it aint. Then for the rest of the game they make the calls how he wants them to so they can come back the next week to do another game. If they dont they dont get to come back for a few games. Least that is what I heard. :mrgreen:

ReedsvilleEagleFan
Waterboy

Post by ReedsvilleEagleFan »

Howie has all his teeth so that aint even funny. I heard some other coach dont have all his though so maybe it is funny. When Howie stomps I dont think he scares the refs they just know they made a bad call when he stomps and they usually make sure not to do that again.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Coach Gorby a JV coach at Fairland broke his foot a couple of yrs ago doing the Stomp at River Valley. I believe he also got a T.

earp
S

Post by earp »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Boys Basketball”