SHAC(SHL) 2015-16 Predictions

SHACFan
Freshman Team

SHAC(SHL) 2015-16 Predictions

Post by SHACFan »

Who are the best in each div? small schools, big schools? key players, newcomers?

I think Peebles will yet again be class of league.

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Re: SHAC(SHL) 2015-16 Predictions

Post by BigPoppa77 »

I think Lynchburg could be very tough in the league this year. A healthy Joe Giordano along with Pierson and the remaining solid squad could be a good mix if it comes together.

Eastern will be tough as usual. They return 5 of their top 7 from last season and will surely be ready to play both sides of the ball. If they can keep the opponent in the 50-60pt range and put the ball in the hole, things could go very well.

I will wait and see on Peebles. I think they will be good, but losing Justice may drop them down a few notches offensively. Who fills that role? Not only on the scoreboard, but on the court as a leader?

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

I like Lynchburg as well, but Peebles is a tough team to beat in that league, even they are down, the last couple years have given them a psychological edge.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

It will be hard for Peebles to cover the 2 players that added 40 points a game, they'll be avg. not to mention the lack of leadership and safety net the players relied on. Gordley, Kermin or even Arey will not be able to offer that. Lynchburg will just be waiting for Pierson to get ejected, multiple technicals or as we have seen in the past kick another player. It's a fuse that's already lit. It may be good for their team without the headache.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Also from what I have heard, North Adams is the token pick to win the small schools division.

Gr8day
Waterboy

Post by Gr8day »

Ushoot2Ishoot3 wrote:It will be hard for Peebles to cover the 2 players that added 40 points a game, they'll be avg. not to mention the lack of leadership and safety net the players relied on. Gordley, Kermin or even Arey will not be able to offer that. Lynchburg will just be waiting for Pierson to get ejected, multiple technicals or as we have seen in the past kick another player. It's a fuse that's already lit. It may be good for their team without the headache.
Your ignorance is grade A pal. How about you do something else productive with your day besides bash a high schooler who you don't know personally

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Gr8day wrote:
Ushoot2Ishoot3 wrote:It will be hard for Peebles to cover the 2 players that added 40 points a game, they'll be avg. not to mention the lack of leadership and safety net the players relied on. Gordley, Kermin or even Arey will not be able to offer that. Lynchburg will just be waiting for Pierson to get ejected, multiple technicals or as we have seen in the past kick another player. It's a fuse that's already lit. It may be good for their team without the headache.
Your ignorance is grade A pal. How about you do something else productive with your day besides bash a high schooler who you don't know personally
Knowing the Pierson family very well, I think you'll see a kid who's learned from his mistake and grown from it. Devin is a very smart kid and talented athlete who made a mistake, as all of us have at one point. Let it go.

Same for the Peebles kids, give em a shot. I'd say the opportunity to step up is there. While there are big shoes to fill, any one of those kids has an opportunity to do so if they want it bad enough and are willing to put forth the effort.

To close, sometimes your words speak more about you than those you talk about. Thing is, this is Murica, under God and the Land of Opportunity. People can change and great leaders can develop overnight.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

This escalated quickly. I second that on Pierson, I think he will have a fine season. I am picking Lynchburg for big schools, and North Adams by a lot in the small school division.

Ushoot2Ishoot3
Riding the Bench

Post by Ushoot2Ishoot3 »

Seriously, no one mentioned his family, now one didnt give Peebles kids a chance, they will win the league. Its not a personal attack like you want to make it out to be. All people make mistakes yes thats 8 mistakes in one season right? WTH, did the player learn after 2, no!...3 no, 4 no....etc. thats a funny warm and fuzzy statement. Lynchburg voted the player in now the district will pay if other players are harmed, enjoy playing at 70% looking over your shoulder lol regrets regrets regrets I dont need a so called Religion lesson this is basketball not church, Benny Hin is on another site.

Gr8day
Waterboy

Post by Gr8day »

Actually none of his "mistakes" ever hurt anyone and the one that he did supposively "hurt" doesn't really add up. If the other player was so severely injured then why did they re-enter the game? Pierson is a leader and I guarantee any of his teammates would go to battle with him any given night. If you took as many hits as he did from other teams when driving to the lane then you'd have "mistakes" as well. He plays with heart and is a straight up competitor.

UKNate
Freshman Team

Post by UKNate »

Big Schools - Peebles

Small Schools - North Adams

BigPoppa14
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa14 »

You have an unfathomable amount of stupidity and ignorance. Pierson will be the best player in the SHAC this year, his "lit" fuse will produce 30+ points per game and 8+ assist. You're probably upset he knocked your son down driving hard through the lane. There's nothing wrong with how hard and how much heart he plays with. Whoever you are, I hope his fuse lights and scores 40+ on you. I hope you feel real tough sitting behind a computer wasting your days away posting on all of these forums.

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

And the SHAC Board is alive and kicking! Great to see!
Now if we can only have some quality hoops talk, all will be as it should.

My take for what it's worth....
If Pierson keeps his attitude in check, he will finish with an amazing season. I think he will be tested by many and it will be an uphill endeavor all season. As a former coach, my game plan would have to include "poking the bear" somewhat. If Pierson comes into the paint, there will be contact. How he reacts will determine Lynchburgs overall success.

Any "real" ball player will not play 70% looking over their shoulder. If they do, they should sit 100%. Contact happens in basketball and should be expected, and at the higher levels, the paint can be a dirty place where much goes unseen.

I still feel Peebles will be decent. No leader, 40pt scorer, and too many vying for the role will create disruption with too many trying to be "that guy".

I can second North Adams for the small school pick. I really enjoy watching Trey Meade play the game.

Smart pick is big goes to Lynchburg

Homer Pick - THE EASTERN WARRIORS

On a side note I have no relations with BigPoppa14, however he seems to be a decent fella :D

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

I had heard Lynchburg scrimmages Clay from soc 1.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

Found on Highland Press website, it will be $5 at Manchester.

SHAC Preview

5 p.m. North Adams vs. Eastern

6 p.m. Fayetteville vs. Ripley

7 p.m. Whiteoak vs. West Union

8 p.m. Fairfield vs. Lynchburg-Clay

9 p.m. Manchester vs. Peebles

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Post by SHACFan »

So who steals the show tonight? I expect North Adams, Lynchburg, and Peebles to have great showings.

mustang64
Waterboy

Post by mustang64 »

Eastern and fayetteville won not sure of scores

Whiteoak 33 west union 35

mustang64
Waterboy

Post by mustang64 »

Fairfield 23 Lynchburg 35

mustang64
Waterboy

Post by mustang64 »

Peebles 16 Manchester 19

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Eastern over North Adams 23-14. Not much exciting either way here. Shooting needs to improve on both sides. Easterns starting 5 looked very solid defensively and could upset a favorite on the right night.

Fayetteville over Ripley 26-23 if I remember correctly. Ripley played with some gusto. Fayetteville was playing rotation and could have pulled away at any time with their starters.

West Union over Whiteoak 35-33 in a very sloppy transition game. Very little 1/2 ct played either way. West Union did look like the better team in the little bit of actual basketball that was played in the 1/2 ct. West Union Sophmore PG #10 was very impressive on both sides of the ball. Best PG in the SHAC from what I saw tonight. Both teams with alot of energy.

Lynchburg over Fairfield 35-23. Lynchburg is very deep. Pretty sure their 2nd five could compete in the SHAC. Saw 3's dropped by 6 different players, even the center went 1-1 outside the arc. Solid game from the Mustangs. Giordano led with 6, Pierson had 5, solid contributions from bench and others. They will win the SHAC and if the course is maintained, could go a few rounds deep in the post season. Fairfield held their own, but does not have the consistency or depth of Lynchburg. Saw a Fairfield player shove Pierson after a unintentional foul and the ball was in the officials hands. Credit to the Fairfield coach, he immediately removed the player from the game. Like I said in another post, the bear will be poked. Pierson shrugged it off this time, hope he maintains that attitude throughout the season.

Left before the Peebles/Manchester game but don't seem like it went well for the Indians.

Return to “Boys Basketball”