Burg Freshman

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: Burg Freshman

Post by Buramgerdin »

olegoat50 wrote:No Dr. can look at a kid and say he's going to grow 2 half inches more...impossible... they have growth charts that take Mom and Dads size into consideration but that's not an exact science.....
Exactly, idiotic. Dr's cannot tell you how much you are going to grow. This same dad claimed a couple of years ago the doctor told his son he was going to be at least 6'6" and his grandpa that day was 6'8". The guys is delusional. Dr's are not dumb enough to tell you something so stupid. There are average growth charts etc and they are often wrong too.

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

has_been wrote:Why did Coach Ater close the scrimmage to outsiders? Some fans at Green are mad because they showed up to watch a high school scrimmage and were not allowed in the gym. Dont ever remember this happening before...

WOW that does not surprise me!

Westfan
SEOP

Post by Westfan »

Actually the comments about Little League Baseball are very true. Wheelersburg has been dinged more than once that I know of.

I have heard of looking at something with the growth plates by x-ray to estimate height. This could have happened if a kid had a broken ankle or something.

Closing a scrimmage is absurd. With the dad sitting on the bench Wheelersburg basketball will be drama central.

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

has_been wrote:Why did Coach Ater close the scrimmage to outsiders? Some fans at Green are mad because they showed up to watch a high school scrimmage and were not allowed in the gym. Dont ever remember this happening before...
Ridiculous! I'm starting to think my friends at South Webster were right - this guys a whacko!

ColonelSanders
Riding the Bench

Post by ColonelSanders »

Has anyone heard how that scrimmage went?? Kind of weird that they schedule Green for a scrimmage. Why on earth would he scrimmage a cupcake like that? Is it because that was maybe the only team he thought that they could beat? You just never see Wheelersburg play someone like that

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Some people are weird

WhoFalconCares
Waterboy

Post by WhoFalconCares »

A little birdie to me....

Well, actually, it's just the stone cold truth...

That burg coach wouldn't allow Green to even film the scrimmage either... Why? Because he was afraid Minford would get the film.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

What a self conscious little man!

Don't worry bud, the Falcons have enough motivation to whoop you and the Pirates this season. Can't wait!

F-A-L-C-O-N-S!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Come on falcon, burg is going to be so much better. You have no idea how much.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

WhoFalconCares wrote:How did Holden do?

Holden did great. He caught a TD pass and made some nice blocks as well.

Burg scrimmaged Green because they are more than likely playing with a depleted roster right now. My guess is more than a few boys are still relishing in there victory tonight putting them in the final four in football.

WhoFalconCares
Waterboy

Post by WhoFalconCares »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:
WhoFalconCares wrote:How did Holden do?

Holden did great. He caught a TD pass and made some nice blocks as well.

Burg scrimmaged Green because they are more than likely playing with a depleted roster right now. My guess is more than a few boys are still relishing in there victory tonight putting them in the final four in football.

What are you talking about? I was talking about Coach Holden, it was his first time on the sidelines as a high school coach.

I highly doubt Coach Holden is playing for Burgs football team, he doesn't fit the necessary requirements for age within the OHSAA guidelines.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Yeah right!!!!

Burg has to be pretty depleted right now due to football so don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about them playing Green.

Also, if he doesn't want anyone in the gym then that is his right.

BURGerandfries
Waterboy

Post by BURGerandfries »

Thank you Fred Flintstone for clearing that up. I appreciate any insight I can get. I am a big Burg fan, but can't follow as closely as I used to bc of work.

ohioathleticsfan
Waterboy

Post by ohioathleticsfan »

Burg isn't the only school in the SOC with a good freshman class-Minford, Valley, Webster, West, and Waverly all have good groups; Waverly may not have the most regarded player, but they sure do move the ball. Defensively as well they're near the top. with Burg trailing not too far behind. SOC basketball should be fun to watch the next 4 years

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

olegoat50 wrote:I'm done with this...You people make all the excuses you can about holding a kid back for sports...It comes down to 1 reason... It's about Mom or Dad listening to people telling them to do this u have a superstar he just needs to mature ayear to be able to dominate younger kids in his grade....lol it's an epidemic that needs to be stopped now...Can't believe the state hasn't stopped this crap........I do love watching parents who do this....I'd rather watch them than the game..Really funny when their child gets dominated by a younger pup!! lol

WHO CARES!!!!! WOW

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

BURGISTHEWORD wrote:Agree OG50...i'm not arguing with you either, especially for you to bring it up on this basketball forum...it's nonsense though

LOL!!!! :lol: :lol:

Sport Fan
JV Team

Post by Sport Fan »

wobycat wrote:A few of you on here are doing growth charts on kids who are just about to get a drivers license. In five years, we won't hear from you. I've seen them all play. They all are d3 or lower talent. Holden has a chance at a small d 1 because he will get about 6 6 but he can't shoot and he's not explosive. If anyone saw an Anthony Davis type or Derrick rose type, you would have known it immediately.

Really, Not even close on being accurate with these comments . Can't shoot?? Why being so negative? You most not have seen him play more than 1 game...

burg1
Riding the Bench

Post by burg1 »

Wheelersburg Football ended last night so these boys will be hitting the hardwood now to get some practice before their first game next week!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

ohioathleticsfan wrote:Burg isn't the only school in the SOC with a good freshman class-Minford, Valley, Webster, West, and Waverly all have good groups; Waverly may not have the most regarded player, but they sure do move the ball. Defensively as well they're near the top. with Burg trailing not too far behind. SOC basketball should be fun to watch the next 4 years
Good post. I seen a couple of freshman from Minford play earlier this year and they looked pretty good. Not for sure of their names though. The one youngman looked to be about 6'3" or so. Northwest has a freshman that has a chance to be a really good player also. He went back to Northwest from West.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Sport Fan wrote:
wobycat wrote:A few of you on here are doing growth charts on kids who are just about to get a drivers license. In five years, we won't hear from you. I've seen them all play. They all are d3 or lower talent. Holden has a chance at a small d 1 because he will get about 6 6 but he can't shoot and he's not explosive. If anyone saw an Anthony Davis type or Derrick rose type, you would have known it immediately.

Really, Not even close on being accurate with these comments . Can't shoot?? Why being so negative? You most not have seen him play more than 1 game...
I'm not being negative. It's the truth. I've seen plenty of games. The Wilson boy from ironton can't shoot either. In fact, it's a lost art. Kids just want to slash. Anyone can spot shoot. I'm talking about the 12 foot jumper. If he can master that, no one will handle him, and I would believe he could start getting recruited by bigger d1 colleges. I've been raked over the coals for being anti burg. I'm all burg. I hope Holden leads us to four state titles, but I feel he needs to be aggressive and dominate with his talent.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

Post by Ukfanatic »

The waverly freshman group is really good. One of the most unselfish groups I have seen. They have a couple of kids who if they grow and continue to work on their game could end up being pretty good.

Return to “Boys Basketball”