2009/10 Portsmouth Trojans schedule

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Re: 2009/10 Portsmouth Trojans schedule

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

This sounds great guys. Hopefully we are witnessing the rebirth of Trojan basketball.

Glad to he that Coach Collins is dedicated to getting all or our boys in shape. I wish we could hire a strength and conditioning coach for all of our sports teams, but I doubt we have the money for that. I think it could really give us an advantage against other local teams.

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

I know we had tryouts, anyone have a roster yet?

I'll go out on a limb and say Dave gets it on here first. ;-)

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Im sure Dave will have it soon,I have heard but wont try to remember,so I dont leave anyone out...I do know we had meet the team..s...tonight 8)

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I want to make it home before the season ends. Perhaps for the Ironton and Warren week in Jan! Go Trojans

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

I was at the meet the team last night and it doesnt look like we have much hieght but we should have all kinds of speed. I wont list the names because I know I will for get a few. Trojan Dave was there maybe he knows them all.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:I was at the meet the team last night and it doesnt look like we have much hieght but we should have all kinds of speed. I wont list the names because I know I will for get a few. Trojan Dave was there maybe he knows them all.

MAYBE???? :lol:

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Ozzie is right.......we don't have a lot of size....... junior Tre Underwood at 6-4 is our tallest starter......on the roster also are juniors 6-5 Casey Sanders and 6-3 Adam Bray........what Portsmouth does have is some excellent quickness........and the trio of 6-1 sophomore Wayne Evans, 6-0 senior Forrest Johnson, and 5-9 senior London Malone in the 3 guard setup have shown excellent quickness in practice........which plays right into what Coach Collins wants.........pressure D especially out front with deny, hedge, and trap.........6-1 senior Patrick Underwood looks to be the other starter alongside Tre........Patrick won't put up big stats but he won't make a lot of mistakes either........I think Tre will be a player fun to watch because he plays so hard. 5-10 senior Isaiah Reeves plays with intensity, and is very willing to D up hard.......in addition he has a nice jumper.

Our bench may be the key to the team, and right now Reeves, Sanders, Bray, 5-10 junior Alex Coakley, 5-9 junior Josh Lavey, 5-11 junior Shane Carter, sophomores 6-2 Mason Jordan, Seth Bratchett, Lenny Collins, and L.J.Adams appear to be the main kids in the rotation........Players are allowed to play 90 quarters a season, so there are some sophomores who will see action in both games. Coakley has been a pleasant surprise........he plays with a high motor and never takes a play off. Jordan has some scoring potential and should be able to help out on the frontline.

The Trojans will be running over at Trojan Coliseum today after doing some weight lifting........and then will have a practice in the gym........Coach Collins is serious about getting our kids in tip top shape to run and press!!

No predictions about these Trojans........I just hope that this is finally the year that we can get out of our 7 year funk!! (7 straight losing seasons.....52-100 record)

GO TROJANS!!!
Last edited by trojandave on Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

not sure of the time,but i was told,the trojans has a foundation game this saturday, with Notre Dame?

Trojan_FB_Alum
All State

Post by Trojan_FB_Alum »

TrojanDave posted this in another thread

"Portsmouth's first scrimmage is Saturday, Nov.21st, starting around 4PM........Piketon, Belpre, and perhaps Oak Hill (depending on the football playoffs) will be there. The Trojans then will travel to Greenup County on the 28th........time uncertain........then on Dec. 1 PHS will play a foundation game vs. Notre Dame at PHS."

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Trojan_FB_Alum

thanks

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

The foundation game with Notre Dame is scheduled for a 6:00 JV and 7:30 varsity start........it will be played just like a regular game, with all the proceeds going to the Red Cross. It will not count in the regular season standings, though.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

The Trojans did a LOT of running over at Trojan Coliseum on Saturday..........suicides, laps around the entire field, then 15 repetitions up and down the home bleachers........the whole running workout took about an hour.......no question that these kids will be in GREAT shape and one of the best conditioned teams in SE Ohio.

They did weightlifting BEFORE their running workout, and then had a regular basketball practice AFTER their running.........Coach Collins is getting these Trojans in great shape!!

I think it is a brilliant idea to use the new football facility for basketball conditioning!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”