SOC2 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who will win the SOC 2 in the 2009-2010 season?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:50 pm

Total votes: 0

dimedrop4
All State

Re: SOC2 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by dimedrop4 »

1. Oak Hill
2. Valley
3. Waverly
4. South Webster
5. Burg
6. Northwest
7. Minford
8. West

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

no way Burg finishes 5th.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

1.Oak Hill
2.Valley
3.Burg
4.Waverly/Webster
6.Northwest
7.Minford
8.West

sider
All Conference

Post by sider »

I have a feeling about Waverly, I think they could turn some heads...who knows maybe they pull a shocker and make it a three way tie or win it outright...with the depth of the league the top 5 can all beat each other, so even though Burg then Oak Hill are the favorites with some injuries and some luck the title could fall into the hands of Waverly or maybe even Northwest or Valley

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

sider wrote:I have a feeling about Waverly, I think they could turn some heads...who knows maybe they pull a shocker and make it a three way tie or win it outright...with the depth of the league the top 5 can all beat each other, so even though Burg then Oak Hill are the favorites with some injuries and some luck the title could fall into the hands of Waverly or maybe even Northwest or Valley

I dont think that Northwest has a chance at winning the title. Its tough to hop on the back of one player in a league that should be fairly strong this yr.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Re: SOC2 09-10 Scores and Standings

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Just got back from the Northwest/Peebles scrimmage. Peebles clearly looked like the better team winning 4 quarters and tieing 1. NW's game plan was feed it to Leslie as I had previously expected. Later in the game Peebles seemed to be tiring due to the amount of playing time for their starters and Northwest took advantage nailing a couple of uncontested threes resulting in the tied quarter. The Jv match was split 2-2 with Northwest winning the first two and Peebles winning the last 2.

Mohawk
Waterboy

Post by Mohawk »

If that is their game plan they will loose for sure, same one as last year. Gets kinda old!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

1. Burg/Oak Hill both are experienced and well coached.
3. Waverly/Valley, Kretzer and Martin 6'5" and Roback 6'3" with solid guard play and Valleys up tempo could shake things up.
5. Northwest
6-8 toss up!

Tight race IMO, should be fun to watch. Cookie, you have some clue on your picks! lol

BURGBLITZ
Waterboy

Post by BURGBLITZ »

Mohawk wrote:If that is their game plan they will loose for sure, same one as last year. Gets kinda old!!

what are they supposed to do? NOT feed it to Leslie? you gotta be kiddin me

all-time athlete
JV Team

Post by all-time athlete »

All the players at northwest just need to do 2 things that will help them go from a 500 team to a team that could be near the best...when the ball is fed to Leslie and it will be because that is what teams do give the ball to their best player on the court and let him do something with it...(I would bet that wheelersburg isn't allowed to shoot until they have at least one inside look at stegman every possession!)...But I digress anyhow all NW needs to do is when they dish it inside cut to the basket, the team relies on the 3 way to much, if they learn to cut in when hank is being doubled and tripled the team could see great success....and the other improvment they need to get better at is playing more aggressive D, their D isn't that bad it's just that they need to get up in other players and let them know they are there to play....Those 2 simple things will either make or break this team this year.

Ex-Huddler
Waterboy

Post by Ex-Huddler »

The so called experts on here kill me. For any team to excell you need an inside-out game. You can't win with just Leslie inside or just the guards shooting threes. You need BOTH. Leslie is good and needs the ball fed to him. This will open the threes up as Crabtree, Hall, Frantz, and Blankenship can all shoot from the perimeter well. It takes all five to win, and it starts with Leslie on the inside. I watched this bunch play a couple of times last year and they will do well if they play together and listen to their coaches. If they get on here and believe a lot of the negative crap that some posters put on here, then they are in trouble. Mohawks, listen to your coaches and don't put any stock into what is said on here.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Oak Hill
Burg
Valley
Webster
Waverly
NW
Minford
West

webster is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

Ex-Huddler
Waterboy

Post by Ex-Huddler »

I agree Webster will surprise many this year. This is a year you will have to be ready every night or you can get knocked off. Everyone is counting Minford out, which the Falcons may step up and shock a couple of teams also.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Swanker Pine wrote:Oak Hill
Burg
Valley
Webster
Waverly
NW
Minford
West

webster is going to surprise a lot of people this year.

I really like this list and Webster will be looking good. NW and Webster both played Peebles in scrimmages and I would have to say Webster is alittle better than the mohawks.

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

1:Oak Hill: I mean Ondera is the best point guard in the SOC, maybe southern Ohio, & they're defending state champs.
2:Wheelersburg: Tough team all the way around, good big in Stegman, & really well coached... could win it.
3:Waverly: Big all the way across, super athletic, Kretzer can shoot, Roback's the best athlete out there, Harrison Martin is the most underated player in the SOC II & Sam Johnston is a really tough guard.
4:Valley: Yates is only gotten stronger & more mature, Utely is tough & their tempo could shake things up.
5:Northwest: Leslie is incredibly tough in the paint, but they lack a PG who can control a game, or a shooter who can steal some attention from Leslie.
6:Minford: Probably can't win it, but it's basically the same team as last year, & they could most certainly beat the top teams if they don't come in ready for a fight.
7:Portsmouth West: I don't know a whole lot about them, but they were terrible last year. So they could be rebuilding, Pendleton's playing so that adds athleticism. They will be scrappy & could steal a few from the league's top teams.
8:South Webster: They weren't even on the same level as most of the leagues top tier teams last year. So it's hard to put them towards the top. But in this strong of a league, I honestly wouldn't be surprised!

That's my opinion, & I could see the top four teams winning, & NW sliding in there if Leslie gets help. But good luck to everyone this year..

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Someone suggested this thread get bumped to see how the predictions came out.
Sooo.....

Bumpage!!!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

switch 2,4 and 8 and Tiger 4 almost nailed it

Pressbreaker
Waterboy

Post by Pressbreaker »

Did Webster have some transfers come in or something? There sure are lots of 6th, 7th, and 8th place predictions on here for a team with a good chance of finishing 2nd.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Why didn't Martin play for Waverly? Is he injured?

jeep80
Varsity

Post by jeep80 »

Pressbreaker wrote:Did Webster have some transfers come in or something? There sure are lots of 6th, 7th, and 8th place predictions on here for a team with a good chance of finishing 2nd.

No. :lol: No transfers.

This years team is a shining example of what good coaching can do for a team.
Ater has earned the SOC II coach of the year award.
Last edited by jeep80 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Boys Basketball”