Blake Justice

Bozo
S

Re: Blake Justice

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace was not in the SVC when they made the Final 4 in 1970.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

What league was they in?

jumpman
Freshman Team

Post by jumpman »

what southeastern league is good according to you? the shl has sent four teams to the final four, how many other southeastern leagues have done this?

SOC2 has sent 3 teams to state on 5 different occasions in the past 5-6 years, and 2 of them won it all.

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

blake justice has one of the nicest shots ive got a chance to see in person. this kid is a very gifted basketball player and for that matter a very talented athlete in general leading the indians baseball team in hitting as a freshmen as well this kid is very solid and almost seems to be good at everything. i feel that this kid has almost everything goin with in the game of basketball he can set up in the post against almost any defensive player u put on him. he has strong legs a very strong upper body and great foot work i feel that the only thing this kids slackin on is speed. hes not as quick as ud think he would be but he still has some of the nicest moves with a basketball ive ever seen. i look forward to watchin this kid play for the next 2 years.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

There was a rumor after his Freshman year that he was coming to Waverly. That of course never materalized. This starting line-up would be sweet:

Martin
Roback
Kretzer
Justice
Johnston

He could still make the move, there's time. I'm sure we can pay more than Peebles.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:There was a rumor after his Freshman year that he was coming to Waverly. That of course never materalized. This starting line-up would be sweet:

Martin
Roback
Kretzer
Justice
Johnston

He could still make the move, there's time. I'm sure we can pay more than Peebles.

If this was your squad Tigers2010....how many of these players would have been developed within the Waverly program? :lol: 2 out of 5?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

What's that matter Eaglesnest?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:What's that matter Eaglesnest?

My point is wouldn't it be better "to develop" a Blake Justice than to just get one from another school or overseas?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Eaglesnest,
We should develop any and all talent, whether they grew up here, moved here at some point in their life or is a foreign exchange student. Does the school have any control over a family moving?

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Just the chicken man does! lol :122246 :122245 :12224 :razz:

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Eaglesnest,
We should develop any and all talent, whether they grew up here, moved here at some point in their life or is a foreign exchange student. Does the school have any control over a family moving?

Most schools don't control who moves in....while others do and try to get kids to move in. I believe this is the second year in a row where either move ins or exchange students have greatly benefited your school when without them you would have been horrible to say the least.

My point is this is a Blake Justice thread. Great player! Why discuss transfer rumors? If the kid wanted to go somewhere for b.ball, I don't think he would have went to Waverly. Not knocking Waverly, but your not exactly a basketball powerhouse.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

eagles73 wrote:Just the chicken man does! lol :122246 :122245 :12224 :razz:

What does that mean?

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Eaglesnest,
You're right, this is a Blake Justice thread. I was talking about Blake Justice and the talk of him moving to Waverly a year ago. I know you don't understand why such talks would exist but there was legitimate talk about it.
Waverly has benefited from move ins, transfers, foreign exchange students no more than any other school around here. South Webster, Oak Hill and Chillicothe all won State titles with the benefit of such. Wheelersburg gets them nearly every year. This years transfer has them eyeing a State title.
It's just conversation about a great player and what could have been had his family moved to Waverly. Sorry it doesn't fit in to your idea of what should be discussed but what I was trying to say is he is such a great player that move would have solidified the Tigers with the kids they currently have, regardless of how they got there. I think it would have been a good move for Blake as well.

shljunkie
Varsity

Post by shljunkie »

I can't really see how that would be a good move for him personally. Moving him away from his friends and family and teammates that he has played with and developed a bond with. He has a coach at Peebles that works to get him exposure and contact and has been quite successful at this. How would a move have benefited him?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Eaglesnest,
You're right, this is a Blake Justice thread. I was talking about Blake Justice and the talk of him moving to Waverly a year ago. I know you don't understand why such talks would exist but there was legitimate talk about it.
Waverly has benefited from move ins, transfers, foreign exchange students no more than any other school around here. South Webster, Oak Hill and Chillicothe all won State titles with the benefit of such. Wheelersburg gets them nearly every year. This years transfer has them eyeing a State title.
It's just conversation about a great player and what could have been had his family moved to Waverly. Sorry it doesn't fit in to your idea of what should be discussed but what I was trying to say is he is such a great player that move would have solidified the Tigers with the kids they currently have, regardless of how they got there. I think it would have been a good move for Blake as well.

Transfers is just a big problem that has ruined the purity of the game. Its not a Waverly issue, but an OHSAA issue. My point is that schools that NEVER have downward cycles get kids from other places.

I'm sure Coach Fitch would love to have a talent like Blake at Eastern Pike as well. I am sure that Blake would be welcomed with open arms. Blake then may have gotten even more "exposure" because with him the Eagles would likely go on very deep tourney runs the next 2 years in D4. Would that give him more exposure than playing in Waverly at D2. I would argue that it would.

My point is I think we fans need to recognize the coaches that develop and win with what they have and not because they get players from around the globe and southern ohio. If kids move in without contact from coaches and players then fine. Was that the case with your exchange students and Kretzer? I don't know and am not saying that anything was done wrong. Only those within your program would know.. I would rather see any team have success with players they "raised" themselves.

All I know is at Eastern Pike, we have been "raising players" for other schools. MY opinion of this issue might change if Eastern gained a player of Blake's caliber sometime soon. :lol:

I hope I explained what I meant in my post.

Best of luck to Blake Justice from the Eastern Eagles this season!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Eaglesnest,
Yes, that explains it better.

I understand your comment about Eastern "raising players" for other schools but you did get one from Waverly recently :(

Tucker
Riding the Bench

Post by Tucker »

Blake is a very good basketbal player and is a definite college prospect..What level he will play is yet to be seen..He has this year and one more remaining which will only develop him into a much more complete player..Blake is in as gooda hands as he could be as far as coaching goes..Coach Lawhorn knows the game and knows what it takes to make a successful team and Blake a better player..He has the contacts that will help Blake,but all in all if you are a player you'll be found no matter where you are..

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

sparky wrote:sports 101,what southeastern league is good according to you? the shl has sent four teams to the final four, how many other southeastern leagues have done this? how many svc schools have been to the final four other than southeastern?

Lets see
SE x4
Unioto
Piketon
ZT

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

The best 2 gaurd in SE Ohio :122249

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace was not in the SVC when they made the Final 4 in 1970.
The SHL is a pretty good basketball league year in and year out.

Return to “Boys Basketball”