Former Athens coach falls; prayers would help

sportfolio
JV Team

Former Athens coach falls; prayers would help

Post by sportfolio »

Longtime Athens boys basketball coach Charles McAfee fell twice in recent weeks and suffered some serious injuries including a broken leg and he is currently at Hickory Creek Nursing Center in The Plains. McAfee,who turned 92 in March, was on hand to receive his latest honor in the Ohio Hoop Zone Hall of Fame in May. Prayers would be nice -- it is hard to find a better gentleman than Mac.

Charlie Kitchen 2
Waterboy

Re: Former Athens coach falls; prayers would help

Post by Charlie Kitchen 2 »

Coach McAfee is one of the most honorable and gracious men that I have had the honor of knowing. He was a class act when either winning or losing,but most of the time it was winning.Get well quick coach. Prayers are with you.

JJ Hale
JV Team

Post by JJ Hale »

Prayers from JJ and Moose Hale.

boilermaker
SE

Post by boilermaker »

We will be praying for him JJ!

g w mclintock
All State

Post by g w mclintock »

Charlie Kitchen 2 wrote:Coach McAfee is one of the most honorable and gracious men that I have had the honor of knowing. He was a class act when either winning or losing,but most of the time it was winning.Get well quick coach. Prayers are with you.

Very well said.

Coach McAfee is such a respected man that has given so much to the young men and women of Athens County. This man has enjoyed so much success in his life and received many honors yet if you visit his home, the trophies are not on display. Photos of his teams and family are what you will see - - and basketball and kids are what Mac will speak about. I can't find adequate words to describe the respect I have for this man. Please get well soon...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

A coach who made everybody a better coach in the Southeastern Ohio Athletic League. Get well quick, coach. Prayers from Gallipolis.

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

Thanks to all who have offered their thoughts
and prayers .... they will be shared with Mac
and his family.

sportfolio
JV Team

Post by sportfolio »

Coach McAfee continues to be a patient at Hickory Creek Nursing Home in The Plains but is recuperating slowly but surely ... The family expresses their thanks to all who have offered their thoughts.

Return to “Boys Basketball”