SVC 09-10 Scores and Standings

Who wins?

Total votes: 0

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Re: SVC 09-10 Thoughts and Predictions

Post by Kickinurz »

So I take it that you think Huntington can play with Piketon?

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Kickinurz
So I take it that you think Huntington can play with Piketon?

Didn't they split last year with the game Huntington lost going to OT?

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Last year was a special year for the SVC with Piketon, Westfall and Zane Trace going to the district tournament and Piketon to the Final Four after beating undefeated North Adams.

I think Piketon will win the league and make another deep run in the Convo.

huntsmen wide
Riding the Bench

Post by huntsmen wide »

yes i think huntington can play with piketon!!!!! piketon lost two key players last year the huntsmen return alot and will be strong

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

No Cottrill, No Magill, No Trusty..I will watch closely maybe you are right.

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

i highly doubt huntington will be able to play with piketon haha we will see though !
piketon will battle with zt but should win the title again.................

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

I do think the streaks are on a different level then the Huntsmen, BUT this is turning into a little rivalry between these two teams. in the last 3 years Piketon is only 1-5 agianst Huntington. I do think they will get two wins agianst them this year.

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

huntsmen wide wrote:yes i think huntington can play with piketon!!!!! piketon lost two key players last year the huntsmen return alot and will be strong

And this from the person who also said that Huntington football would have a good team this year.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

reliob wrote:
huntsmen wide wrote:yes i think huntington can play with piketon!!!!! piketon lost two key players last year the huntsmen return alot and will be strong

And this from the person who also said that Huntington football would have a good team this year.

LOL.... :lol:

That one hurt a little.... :lol:

The1TheOnly
Waterboy

Post by The1TheOnly »

yeah that is true but when was huntington a football school? there all about basketball and winning one by 10 last year and a loss in the one at piketon after 4 starters fouled out, after a turn around hesitation shoot to even bring it to over time by someone that dont have anymore, it is a rivalry in the making but look for surprises from any svc team thats what all of them are capable of.

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

The1TheOnly wrote:yeah that is true but when was huntington a football school? there all about basketball and winning one by 10 last year and a loss in the one at piketon after 4 starters fouled out, after a turn around hesitation shoot to even bring it to over time by someone that dont have anymore, it is a rivalry in the making but look for surprises from any svc team thats what all of them are capable of.

Anything can happen on any night in the SVC. Piketon vs Huntington has always been a heated battle, just like Zane Trace vs Unioto...there's always certain teams that play extremely well against others. Piketon drilled Westfall three times last season, while Westfall beat everyone else in the league...so what? Piketon gets beat by ZT @ ZT basically without Evan Legg (sick), but then blows them out at Piketon. Huntington beat Piketon handedly at Huntington on a Tuesday night last season (no excuses), however the overtime game @ Piketon shouldnt have been played, 4 of the 5 starters were out of school and sick that week, as I recall coach Lisath attempting to cancel the game, but the only rule to cancel is if the majority of the school is out due to sickness. Would a healthy Piketon team at home would've made a difference? Who knows...but they did win! We can speculate and play "ifs and Butts" the bottom line...we will see when the lights come on....they play at Huntington early...this thread should be good locker room material.

wing-t
Riding the Bench

Post by wing-t »

Anything can happen on any night in the SVC. Piketon vs Huntington has always been a heated battle, just like Zane Trace vs Unioto...there's always certain teams that play extremely well against others. Piketon drilled Westfall three times last season, while Westfall beat everyone else in the league...so what? Piketon gets beat by ZT @ ZT basically without Evan Legg (sick), but then blows them out at Piketon. Huntington beat Piketon handedly at Huntington on a Tuesday night last season (no excuses), however the overtime game @ Piketon shouldnt have been played, 4 of the 5 starters were out of school and sick that week, as I recall coach Lisath attempting to cancel the game, but the only rule to cancel is if the majority of the school is out due to sickness. Would a healthy Piketon team at home would've made a difference? Who knows...but they did win! We can speculate and play "ifs and Butts" the bottom line...we will see when the lights come on....they play at Huntington early...this thread should be good locker room material.

Sounds like a lot of whining all ready...............................

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Piketon beat Huntington by as much as Lisath wants :lol:

strokn7
Riding the Bench

Post by strokn7 »

Who does Zane Trace play in their preview this year?

3 Step Drop
Freshman Team

Post by 3 Step Drop »

Trace plays Huntington

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Piketon and Zane Trace will most likely battle it out for the SVC title in 2009-2010.....interesting that ZT will be going to the Athens sectional this year, while Piketon should be the favorite to grab the #1 seed at Waverly.........

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

huntington all the way

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

^^^^^
How does Huntington will all the way when they lost most if not all of their offensive firepower?

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Below is a link to this year's preview (pictures and recap).

http://www.svcsportszone.com/09boysbaskprev.html

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Eaglesnest wrote:Zane Trace will be strong, but in the end the size and athleticism of Piketon will likely lead them to the title.

Size and athleticism are the very reasons Zane Trace does so well :?

Return to “Boys Basketball”