All Conference

Vinton County at Chillicothe 1/03/2017

Post by Skiisme »

Thoughts????

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Vinton County at Chillicothe 1/03/2017

Post by Ironman92 »

This is a good game for VC...these type games will help prepare them even more for their district final regional battles. VC is the better team and I believe this is Combs best team yet. Chillicothe has a great player and excellent athletes and will force VC to be sharp to do what they do.

If VC players avoid foul trouble I think they win by 15....if foul trouble steals a few court minutes from a player or two...it could be tight. I hope one of the top crews are officiating this game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Would like to hear thoughts from pfloyd and dani on this matchup

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

VC has played some nice ball the first 7 games of the season. I don't know much about Chillicothe, but have heard they have one really good player. In my opinion, one good player won't be enough to beat the Vikings. Athens has Lutz, and the Vikes handled them pretty easily at Athens. That's why I wanted some input because I don't know anything about them.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

Vinton County is a very good team. When I saw them, they passed the ball well to find the open shot and they played great defense.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

VC is outstanding, especially for this area. Well coached, play great defense, and have a variety of kids who can score the basketball.

Chillicothe has one outstanding player, but do play very good defense and are well coached as well. The biggest issue they have is depth, which is something that the Vikings have in bulk.

Chillicothe's length can possibly give VC some issues, but it appears that they didn't struggle with Athens' length, so I'm not sure that it will be a factor. For Chillicothe to win on Tuesday, they'll need a 3rd person to step up and score along with Barnes and Maughmer.

I think VC wins and probably by double figures, but Chillicothe won't be intimidated one bit. A Chillicothe win wouldn't shock me and I hope that I'm able to make the 5 minute trip on Tuesday.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Vinton county has killed everyone so far. I think these next two games will be tougher for VC since Logan and Chillicothe are pretty tough but I'll take Vinton. Hard to stop a team with three very good scorers

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Great matchup !

Cavs have improved as the season has progressed ... when I saw them opening night - no depth - went one deep into the bench vs Bloom Carroll ... Cavs put up 28 threes that night connecting on 7 ... Brandon Maughmer is the consistent / proven scorer ... 2nd in the scorebook would be Seth Barnes - on opening night THAT was about it offensively NOW after seeing the CAVS take on Miami Trace it would appear that the perimeter shooting of Jordan Johnson is coming around to make him a much needed 3rd option ... add to that still short bench but it is getting longer - Benson/Roderick the younger/ as well as Maughmer the younger as well ( Benson can shoot the 3 (having 3 treys vs BC) /Maughmer the younger WILL BE a nice player, adds quickness/length from the bench ( needs PT to get a feel for the speed of the varsity game) ...

Vinton County is as good as advertised - 4 scorers - the BEST 4 scorers/ballhandlers I have seen on one team all season - Speakman/Jones/ Bartoe/Naylan Yates - I don't see pressure bothering VC - pressure probably HELPS VC ! it turns these 4 guards loose in the open floor turning the game into a fastbreak Viking advantage ... I was impressed with Eli Griffith when I saw him vs Athens - solid on the boards, good length, works hard on the boards, plays within himself offensively ... with Griffith in the lineup along with Speakman/Jones/Bartoe/ Yates it's one of the best lineups I have seen all season ... 4 players who can break pressure, shoot the 3 ball, all can get to the rim off the dribble led by the best at getting into the paint - Tristan Bartoe ...

... the game itself Tuesday night ? it's at the Hat , the Cavs ARE battle tested, Maughmer WILL get his points , Barnes after 16 pts in game #1 vs BC disappeared scoringwise vs Miami Trace ( 6pts) ... CHS WILL NEED scoring from Maughmer/Johnson/Barnes - Roderick "squared" will need to chip in with a double digit combo along with 6-8 points from Coffland ... VC is so quick I'm not sure the CHS bench will be deep enough ... my money is on Vinton County - proven scorers, quicker as a team, Naylan Yates/Speakman/Jones/Bartoe , VC plays D, VC beats the pressure with their personnel , VC will have double digits in Transition points ... Griffith/Mendes/Nevan Yates/Damron need to play within themselves and be the role players they are = a VC road win...

... a good game to watch from the Cheap Seats for sure !

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Game day!
Super excited to head over to The Hatt tonight to catch this game. I have heard nothing but great things about VC and this will be a huge test for my Cavaliers. I know we are battle tested and this is part of a crazy non conference schedule. If the Cavs can stay physical with the Vikings and make them earn each basket and not let easy transition buckets I think we stay in this one. I don't see us being intimidated.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I look for this to be a very physical game . The Cavs have improved and VC riding a high. Tough atmosphere to go into . Tonight will tell alot about both teams.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Truth&fiction wrote:I look for this to be a very physical game . The Cavs have improved and VC riding a high. Tough atmosphere to go into . Tonight will tell alot about both teams.
I agree. I think if anyone has the mental advantage here it will be Chillicothe. Not that they will win but this is just another game on the schedule. For Vc this is a chance to come up to Ross co and make a statement, beat big brother, etc, etc, etc. A lot less to lose for Chilli.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

CavalierAlum05 wrote:
Truth&fiction wrote:I look for this to be a very physical game . The Cavs have improved and VC riding a high. Tough atmosphere to go into . Tonight will tell alot about both teams.
I agree. I think if anyone has the mental advantage here it will be Chillicothe. Not that they will win but this is just another game on the schedule. For Vc this is a chance to come up to Ross co and make a statement, beat big brother, etc, etc, etc. A lot less to lose for Chilli.
VC has already made a statement this year by crushing Athens in Athens. VC came to Ross county just before the holidays and won by 30. I think they will be fine.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Can this game be heard on the radio anywhere?

Bobbabooey
Waterboy

Post by Bobbabooey »

hateraid wrote:Can this game be heard on the radio anywhere?
I was wondering the same. Or can it be heard on a live stream?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Decided to brave the insane rain and watch this one...... Hope it's a good one.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

WBEX outta Chillicothe will be streaming this online.

http://wbex.iheart.com/

Bobbabooey
Waterboy

Post by Bobbabooey »

Ty Webb wrote:WBEX outta Chillicothe will be streaming this online.

http://wbex.iheart.com/
Thanks!!

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

32-25 Vikings at half. Very very physical game so far.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

47-39 Vikings after 3

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

62-58 VC final

Return to “Boys Basketball”