Chillicothe AAU?

Beeler
Waterboy

Chillicothe AAU?

Post by Beeler »

It would be nice if someone would start a AAU program in the Chillicothe area, I think there would be a great interest since Ross co.(Chillicothe) is a central hub for many surrounding counties.

Beeler
Waterboy

Re: Chillicothe AAU?

Post by Beeler »

Ttt....

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

I was going to start something like AAU. OYB is similar to that but man during the summer Chillicothe is all baseball!!! Beeler do I know you?

Beeler
Waterboy

Post by Beeler »

OYB what is the age groups? I know what you mean about baseball unfortunatley my son plays baseball in chillicothe but it is a good thing. as far as basketball i think that there would be a big draw from the surrounding counties. You was asking if you know me ,im not sure cause you didnt leave your name.Mine is Shawn Beeler

panther fan87
Waterboy

Post by panther fan87 »

We had a 5th and 6th grade boys team out of chillicothe this year. just finish. TEAM OHIO.

----
Freshman Team

Post by ---- »

AAU is the way to go. If your going to invest the time and effort into a program it might as well be the best out there

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

OYB is a better fit for the Chillicothe with AAU tourneys whenever appropriate, IMO. Many AAU teams play in OYB tournaments. Alot cheaper.

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Post by bitbucket »

One more thing. Chillicothe area is not that real friendly to teams that need gyms to practice in unless you have a close tie in to the local coach. Back in the day when my son was playing the Chillicothe school system wanted me to post a bond in order to use the gym. Unbelievable. They wanted something like a half million bond. No way for someone that volunteers for the kids. Someone with influence and $$$$$ would have to get involved to get something going like the logan, lancaster and columbus area. Provide the gyms and they will come...

Beeler
Waterboy

Post by Beeler »

My understanding is that a few guys are doing some AAU basketball in Chillicothe they are going to be part of Team Ohio out of Logan.I believe they are having 5,6,7th grade teams.I would like to see a 2 thru 3 grade also i am willing to help but do not want to coach. My son is going to 8 in Sept. he played YMCA ball and Upwards ball during his games i saw some kids with some great talent that is what got me thinking about AAU ball.You would think some of the schools would welcome a AAU program in the area to build their programs.With ross county being the center hub for many surrounding counties i believe there would be a lot of interested kids. IMO

Shawn Beeler

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

HEY I know it would be a drive but portsmouth has AAU southern ohio magic its a good club from what i here.

Beeler
Waterboy

Post by Beeler »

I have contacted Southern Magic and they are going to try to have a 8u boys and girls program if they have enough kids. I would like to have a program in Ross county. I have talked to to one of the guys that are doing the 4,5,6th grade and he said that we would try to have a 2nd and 3rd grade team also. Thru Team Ohio out of Logan Ohio. Would like to find some coaches to help.

bucki4life
Freshman Team

Post by bucki4life »

There was also an OYB team from chillicothe this year that played in the 9th grade tourneys. Some of the kids on the team included players from Chillicothe (2), Logan Elm(2), Westfall (2), Wheelersburg (2), Waverly (1), Adena (1), and South Webster (1). They also played last year and they have been pretty good. OYB is good and you can play around the Columbus area most every weekend. The big problem is the real good teams don't want the players to play spring sports because of schedule conflicts, the teams that let players play baseball or track tend to have problems but you can play both it is just very tough!

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Baseball is the only thing keeping me from starting a team my older son plays his regular season then plays in tournaments basically all summer! Jordan loves basketball and being a 10 year old he can handle a ball as good or if not better than some Junior High Schoolers. Now I know some of you will be like "your only saying that because he's your son"! Alot of people know me my name is Brad Valentine and I coach the Future Cavs so if there is anyone looking at getting something together either this year or next let me know!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”