2015-1016 TVC Ohio

BlizzardMan
S

Re: 2015-1016 TVC Ohio

Post by BlizzardMan »

bevo wrote:Losing Tyler Twyman for the season and having a coach with almost no experience long season for the Raiders! This is a nice group of kids too.
From what I hear, Tyler will be back in January. I do believe coaching is the weakest link for the Raiders. Lack of experience and a tad too much arrogance. Not a good combination.I hate to say it but I think the Raiders will underachieve because of it.

bbn77
All Conference

Post by bbn77 »

What happened to Twyman? He was a helluva shooter.

ROLL PEAKE
BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

bbn77 wrote:What happened to Twyman? He was a helluva shooter.
Tore his ACL in a summer 3-on-3 tournament.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Saltzman is playing. Athens should be pretty tough. They have a move in that can shoot well

Judge and Jury
Freshman Team

Post by Judge and Jury »

Torn patellar tendon not an acl For twyman

Blaze12
Waterboy

Post by Blaze12 »

BlizzardMan wrote:
bbn77 wrote:What happened to Twyman? He was a helluva shooter.
Tore his ACL in a summer 3-on-3 tournament.
Torn patellar tendon from shin. Not ACL. And he wasn't actually playing yet. He was warming up for a game. Hard working kid and a great player. Hope he returns for his senior year.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

1. Vinton County
2. Alexander
3. Athens
4. Meigs
5. Wellston
6. River Valley
7. Nelsonville-York

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

ShoeHorn wrote:1. Vinton County
2. Alexander
3. Athens
4. Meigs
5. Wellston
6. River Valley
7. Nelsonville-York
Looks about right, but of course I would switch your one and two.

1. Alexander - Another sport with a ton of senior leadership
2. Vinton County - Solid program
3. Athens - With Saltzman back, they will be very competitive
4. Meigs - A lot of talent, if they play together then they can make some noise
5. Wellston - this is the year they have been waiting for with all of their seniors
6. River Valley - injuries may hurt. I think they could finish as high as fourth if they ride the excitement from football
7. Nelsonville-York - they lost a ton of talent in the past two years, may be a rebuilding year at NY

Go TVC.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Alexander will be a very tough team to beat this season. Returning 4 starters, senior heavy, have depth and really take pride in their Defense. I would not at all be surprised if they win the league this year. I also think you could flip Meigs and Athens. Sheets is good enough to take over a game on the offensive end of the floor. Is his supporting cast (Bartrum, etc.) better than what Lutz will have with him (Saltzman etc.)?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I picked VC to win the league but I would not be surprised to see Alexander or Athens win it.

Meigs is a sleeper so they may be the team that forces a 2 or 3 way tie for the championship.

I hope that someday NY can get their basketball program going in the right direction but at least I get to see some pretty good teams come into Ben Wagner to play the Bucks.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Heard Lutz had 47 points against Unioto

Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

Hey O and B the Buckeyes are 51-38 over the last 4 years. What direction do you want them to go? The smallest school in the Ohio division and competing well overall. It doesn't seem like you know a lot about the program. Did you go to the scrimmage tonight?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Raider6309 wrote:Heard Lutz had 47 points against Unioto
Don't know if it was that much, but it was close. Absolutely on fire from mid range. He can carry them a good bit this year, very impressive showing for him tonight. The Bulldogs played extremely hard and knocked down some shots. Could be sneaking this winter.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bbbuckeyes wrote:Hey O and B the Buckeyes are 51-38 over the last 4 years. What direction do you want them to go? The smallest school in the Ohio division and competing well overall. It doesn't seem like you know a lot about the program. Did you go to the scrimmage tonight?
I didn't mean it to sound like the Bucks are awful but 13 games over 500 in a 4 year period isnt exactly top of the heap.
I still have a nasty chest cold so i didnt make it to the scrimmage.

I think NY has the talent to compete in the tophalf of the league most years. It just doesn't seem to work out that way.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Bbbuckeyes
Waterboy

Post by Bbbuckeyes »

Ok O and B. Thanks for the clarification. I agree that 13 games over is not top of the heap but it is much better than many. Give the Buckeyes some credit. Overexpectations are a program and team killer.

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

NY fans -- How is Edwards? Will he miss any time due to football injury?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Bbbuckeyes wrote:Ok O and B. Thanks for the clarification. I agree that 13 games over is not top of the heap but it is much better than many. Give the Buckeyes some credit. Overexpectations are a program and team killer.
I think it is hard to find a realistic balance when it comes to expectations. For many years expectations weren't very high for NY basketball, boys or girls. We have seen an rise in talent over the last several years and with the exception of a couple of seasons it hasn't panned out for whatever reason. I think we are all guilty of having are expectations a little high some years.
NY has talent, they have some kids who can play and play well.
If everyone can stay healthy and they can play consistent basketball throughout the season I think the Bucks can be a factor in the league.

It seems at times that the kids and the coaching aren't on the same page, and at other times when they are, injuries happen lol
It's high school basketball and anything can happen.

I'll still cheer them on weather they finish first or last.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Alexander hitman
Varsity

Post by Alexander hitman »

Ill take Alexander and their Seniors

ShoeHorn
JV Team

Post by ShoeHorn »

Good choice Hitman. The more I look at their roster, the more I'm leaning towards them as the TVC-Ohio favorite. Not only are they a team full of seniors, but they are a team of multi-sport athletes. You have guys like Chapman, Chapman, Grigsby, Thompson, Harris and Kimbrough that play basketball, baseball and football and they play those sports very, very well. Plus they have 4 sport star Howard. Throw in Weaver and then a basketball kid like Richardson and you have the making of a very good team. Should be an exciting season if you are a Spartan fan.

spartans_fan
Varsity

Post by spartans_fan »

ShoeHorn wrote:Good choice Hitman. The more I look at their roster, the more I'm leaning towards them as the TVC-Ohio favorite. Not only are they a team full of seniors, but they are a team of multi-sport athletes. You have guys like Chapman, Chapman, Grigsby, Thompson, Harris and Kimbrough that play basketball, baseball and football and they play those sports very, very well. Plus they have 4 sport star Howard. Throw in Weaver and then a basketball kid like Richardson and you have the making of a very good team. Should be an exciting season if you are a Spartan fan.
What is the word on the Spartans so far. First time getting a late start on the basketball season. Has anyone seen them yet?

Go Alex!

Return to “Boys Basketball”