Teams without a TVC championship?

George Jones
Freshman Team

Re: Teams without a TVC championship?

Post by George Jones »

KC Java wrote:
George Jones wrote:
KC Java wrote:Its true. They have to be counting wins from the days of Racine High. Back then, Syracuse kids went to Pomeroy.

Syrause has always been in the Southern school district. Try stating some facts instead of just making something up because it sounds good to you.

Obviously you should spend your time in study hall doing homework instead of arguing with me. Kids at Syracuse had the choice of going to Pomeroy and most did. Ask Rick Crow or Mick Winebrenner if you dont believe me. It was considered more prestigious to attend PHS then hang with the mater farmers. And you cant count wins from a school prior to consolidation unless you let everyone do that. Maybe someone should do a little research and see how many wins the Chester Raiders had and then we will add it to eastern win total. I am sure Tuppers Palins had a high school maybe we can add in those wins too. See where this all goes. Racines wins are exactly that....racine wins. Southerns record should only reflect what they have done since becoming SOUTHERN. maybe meigs can add in all those wins from Middleport, Pomeroy, and Rutland....I bet that would put them ahead of RACINE.
I did some homework for you kc. From 1931-32 till 1954-55 when TP and Chester became Eastern Southern has a record of 77 wins to TP and Chester's 21 wins head to head.So count both TP and Chester wins and you still won't be close in wins. I also found there was no Syracuse high school so your statement of combining two schools makes no sense. Also the state wouldn't record the records if they were not true. But if it makes you feel better to live in denile go a head.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

I did some homework for you kc. From 1931-32 till 1954-55 when TP and Chester became Eastern Southern has a record of 77 wins to TP and Chester's 21 wins head to head.So count both TP and Chester wins and you still won't be close in wins. I also found there was no Syracuse high school so your statement of combining two schools makes no sense. Also the state wouldn't record the records if they were not true. But if it makes you feel better to live in denile go a head.

Not trying to take sides here, but denile? Is that the river Nile? Shouldn't it be da Nile? :lol: The good part about your post is that 77 of the wins for Southern were against schools that probably had 5 or 6 boys in each class. :mrgreen:

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Are you jealous Motivator or do you just like to run your pie hole? I bet your nose is as long as the Nile, because you are always sticking it in someone else's buisness.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

^^^^ :lol:

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

You clowns are funny, but you fail to mention that we dominate in golf year in and year out.

M0TIVAT0R
All Conference

Post by M0TIVAT0R »

Purple Tornado wrote:You clowns are funny, but you fail to mention that we dominate in golf year in and year out.

GOLF! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

KC Java wrote:Its true. They have to be counting wins from the days of Racine High. Back then, Syracuse kids went to Pomeroy.

Obviously you should spend your time in study hall doing homework instead of arguing with me. Kids at Syracuse had the choice of going to Pomeroy and most did. Ask Rick Crow or Mick Winebrenner if you dont believe me. It was considered more prestigious to attend PHS then hang with the mater farmers. And you cant count wins from a school prior to consolidation unless you let everyone do that. Maybe someone should do a little research and see how many wins the Chester Raiders had and then we will add it to eastern win total. I am sure Tuppers Palins had a high school maybe we can add in those wins too. See where this all goes. Racines wins are exactly that....racine wins. Southerns record should only reflect what they have done since becoming SOUTHERN. maybe meigs can add in all those wins from Middleport, Pomeroy, and Rutland....I bet that would put them ahead of RACINE.[/quote] I did some homework for you kc. From 1931-32 till 1954-55 when TP and Chester became Eastern Southern has a record of 77 wins to TP and Chester's 21 wins head to head.So count both TP and Chester wins and you still won't be close in wins. I also found there was no Syracuse high school so your statement of combining two schools makes no sense. Also the state wouldn't record the records if they were not true. But if it makes you feel better to live in denile go a head.[/quote]

You would recieve a zero on that homework if it meant anything. I never said there was a syracuse high school. I said kids living in Syracuse could go to Pomeroy and most did because it was closer. Next, why are we counting only head to head wins? What about all the other wins chester and TP had? They should count as well. You are just mad because once again I have proven to be too smart for you and I have rocked the Southern basketball dynasty by shedding light on the holy grail of victories they are counting from a time before the idea of SOUTHERN existed. Now get back to spelling class before you get your feet wet in "denile".

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Post by Trimble Juvenile »

Purple Tornado wrote:You clowns are funny, but you fail to mention that we dominate in golf year in and year out.

only because our two best golfers dont play on the team. anyway golf is not football or basketball is it? maybe in southern, (the land of almosts), it is. :lol:

George Jones
Freshman Team

Post by George Jones »

Racine has always had only ONE HIGH SCHOOL. They never combined schools to make it Southern. It is still called Racine Southern. You can ask Mick or Rick. :lol: :lol: :lol: Mick and Rick said so. :lol: :lol: Or if you don't think Mick and Rick know just look in the state records for wins. They go by facts. That is something you can't change.

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

George Jones wrote:Racine has always had only ONE HIGH SCHOOL. They never combined schools to make it Southern. It is still called Racine Southern. You can ask Mick or Rick. :lol: :lol: :lol: Mick and Rick said so. :lol: :lol: Or if you don't think Mick and Rick know just look in the state records for wins. They go by facts. That is something you can't change.

other facts that cannot be changed are, southern has never won a tvc title. southern got swept by a certain team during the 08-09 season, but i wont throw salt into that wound by naming the team. :lol:

Purple Tornado
Riding the Bench

Post by Purple Tornado »

I don't really think anyone in Racine could care any less about the worst league in the state of Ohio or whether we ever win it. Bottom line is the TVC Hocking is horrible. The Ohio division is sometimes even worse. So who cares who wins those sorry league titles? The fact is Southern and Belpre are the only two teams to make multiple trips to the final 4. Without those two teams no one above Athens or below Pomeroy would even know the TVC exists. So give it a break will you?

Trimble Juvenile
Varsity

Purple Tornado wrote:I don't really think anyone in Racine could care any less about the worst league in the state of Ohio or whether we ever win it. Bottom line is the TVC Hocking is horrible. The Ohio division is sometimes even worse. So who cares who wins those sorry league titles? The fact is Southern and Belpre are the only two teams to make multiple trips to the final 4. Without those two teams no one above Athens or below Pomeroy would even know the TVC exists. So give it a break will you?

what kind of a statement is it about your program when you claim you are in the worst league in the state..., and then admit your team cant win that league? :lol:

WitnessProtection
All Conference

Post by WitnessProtection »

Trimble Juvenile wrote:
Purple Tornado wrote:I don't really think anyone in Racine could care any less about the worst league in the state of Ohio or whether we ever win it. Bottom line is the TVC Hocking is horrible. The Ohio division is sometimes even worse. So who cares who wins those sorry league titles? The fact is Southern and Belpre are the only two teams to make multiple trips to the final 4. Without those two teams no one above Athens or below Pomeroy would even know the TVC exists. So give it a break will you?

what kind of a statement is it about your program when you claim you are in the worst league in the state..., and then admit your team cant win that league? :lol:

Somebody's teaching T-Juvey some logic up there in G-ster!!! Look out! :lol:
And I really don't think the TVC is the worst league in the state.
I've lived in SE, NW and west-central Ohio and have seen good and bad athletic programs in a variety of conferences. Every conference has its weak sisters and brothers. It runs in cycles. You're up for a while, then you might be down.
The TVC is no different.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

George Jones wrote:Racine has always had only ONE HIGH SCHOOL. They never combined schools to make it Southern. It is still called Racine Southern. You can ask Mick or Rick. :lol: :lol: :lol: Mick and Rick said so. :lol: :lol: Or if you don't think Mick and Rick know just look in the state records for wins. They go by facts. That is something you can't change.

the only thing you are right about is that RACINE has always had only one high school. The truth is that Syracuse kids were given to SOUTHERN as a result of the consolidation of Meigs. The point I am making is that there once was RACINE HS and now there is SOUTHERN HS. The wins of the two schools shouldnt count as one record. Cry all you want, because your ...................BUSTED! Maybe you should ask Mick and Rick where they went to HS and why they went there.

GrooGruxKing
Waterboy

Post by GrooGruxKing »

The State of Ohio funded money for a new high school to be built in the community of Racine, Ohio. When they built the school, they decided to name it Southern and leave the elementary named Racine. They found no need to have a Racine Elementary and a Racine High School. To some, there is logic in this and to some there is none. Now, according to the State of Ohio, since this is the same school, without consolidation of another school, the athletic programs records will continue as is. This is why Southern has their win total that they do. I spoke to a gentlemen named Tom in the OHSAA office concerning the matter. On another note, I know both Mick and Chancey very well, but what why in the world is their significance with this topic so much. Is it because they lived in Syracuse and chose to go to Pomeroy High and Meigs High? Big deal! Their choice at the time. Everybody has choices in life. Southern is proud their basketball and baseball in the community. Winning comes in cycles. Southern was very dominate in the 70's, 80's, and early 90's. My memory may be off, but something like 20 Sectionals Champs, 16 SVAC Champs, 4 Districts Champs, 2 Regionals Champs and 2 State appearances in that 25 year period is pretty freakin' good. Since 1996, we have not much to say. 2-3 Sectional titles and 1 District title in the last 13 years. The one sore spot that you guys keep hitting on is that we are 0-15 in the TVC. However, we feel that with Coach Caldwell we can once again restore our winning ways.

The Dog
Freshman Team

Post by The Dog »

The most important thing you said is since the two state trips we made they have done nothing much. Thats why I say celebrating winning the sectional keeps them down. They should take winning sectional or district as something that should happen almost every year. That is what Carl taught us, and we did ok in our day.

GrooGruxKing
Waterboy

Post by GrooGruxKing »

Dog...I agree that winning a sectional is not much to celebrate. However, the fact that we did win it that many years says something more than our counterparts.

Purple&Yellow Pride
Freshman Team

Post by Purple&Yellow Pride »

George Jones wrote:Southern is the only team in the tvc hocking to play in a state championship. So make fun all you want. It makes you look silly when you haven't made it to the state.
darn wahama blew that for us

Purple Gold
Freshman Team

Post by Purple Gold »

Lets see how many Sectional Titles, District Titles, Regional Appereance and Titles, and State Appearences. Go Tornadoes.

Remember_The_Name
SEOP

Post by Remember_The_Name »

Dog- Your really making everyone from the Southern community, alumni, really look ridiculous. how can you say they can be good at nothing... i guess 6 consecutive district titles in Baseball must qualify as "good at nothing" kind of program these days. Sure Southern hasnt won a TVC title in basketball or football since theyve joined the conference, and its a shame they havent, considering some of the talent that has came through the school since. The problem with some Southern fans, is theyre still stuck in the 80s as the Dog is. Its one thing to be proud of what a school has achieved in the past, thats something that can never be taken away from anyone who was part of that golden time period in Southern basketball, but...Theres more to the Southern athletic program than just BASKETBALL, we do have other sports, such as BASEBALL, VOLLEYBALL, GOLF, TRACK/CC, just felt the need to remind you, how about you look at some of the success in those programs and see if your categorizing as a "good at nothing program" stands.. Im not bashing the program at all, im a Tornado through and through, bleed purple and gold, but if all you have to say about the athletics is nothing but negative things... pull your head out of the gutter and show some class. I know if my Uncle Big Fooz was still alive, he would have to consider you "A Moron" lol!!!

Dont let the words of one person symbolize the face of a great community and a great school who values its tradition in Athletics. It irritates the heck out of me to see this kind of stuff, just gives a community and an institution a bad rep, one that it doesnt deserve.

Return to “Boys Basketball”