Pikton going to State

The Dog
Freshman Team

Re: Pikton going to State

Post by The Dog »

Now this is something to be proud of. You will be able to talk about the darn state tournament for the rest of you life. Thats one thing the teams in Racine dont understand right now. Even if you lose, to be almost state champions means somethin. Good luck.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

dexter45 wrote:Way to go Piketon. You guys are state champs whether you win or lose. Good luck thursday.

What the heck is that??? They will be Regional champs and State Runner UP!!

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Here is the FINAL FOUR for DIII:

Thursday 5:15pm
Cleveland Central Catholic (22-3) vs Scioto Valley Local at Piketon (24-2) (name per eagles73 request)

Thursday 8:30pm
Dayton Christion (22-4) vs. Defiance Tinora (22-3)

Championship Saturday at 2pm.

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

Is Piketon the only public school in the DIII final four? Dayton Christian and Cleveland Central Catholic i am assuming are not public schools.

dexter45
Waterboy

Post by dexter45 »

Out of Bounds wrote:
dexter45 wrote:Way to go Piketon. You guys are state champs whether you win or lose. Good luck thursday.

What the heck is that??? They will be Regional champs and State Runner UP!!

They are Regional Champs. Get your head out of your butt.

LETS GO STREAKS.

OSU BUCKS FAN
Freshman Team

Post by OSU BUCKS FAN »

The pre-sale tickets are already gone at piketon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

^^^^^ Not gone, but close. we have 300 section rows M and N about 60 left. Probably 300 general admisiion, those seats behind the student section left as well.

Defiance Tinora is public. Scioto Valley Local at Piketon just has a ring to it, doesnt it bobbyk! lol

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

Congrats to the Streaks from the Furnace. Best of luck to coach Liasthe( sp) and the the boys from Piketon.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Are Cody Smith or Jordan Brabson getting any looks from small colleges?

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Let's Go Streaks! Who has tickets???????

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

eagles:
it definately makes us sound like a "private school" haha

who's scalpin on thursday??? lol

earp
S

Post by earp »

Tinora is about 10 minutes from where some of relatives live!Good to see them make it,They are in the same conference as Holgate I know "Green Meadows Conference."Heres their website!

http://www.tinora.k12.oh.us/mahnke/Default.htm

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

Ive got my tickets. and redstreak fans coming out of the woodwork for the trip to the schott. This is a good thing,but i have one request if you are there with a ticket bought at Piketon dont sit on your hands. Lets rock the Schott and let the world know that WE ARE REDSTREAKS!!!!!!!!!

allohio87
Waterboy

Post by allohio87 »

good luck to the piketon team at state. Although the first time i got to watch this team wasn't until the sectional finals against eastern brown they are by far the best team i have watched from around southern ohio this year. Congradulations on winning sectionals, districts, and regionals now 2 more games and u win the big one good luck

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Would love to see the SE District show well at the Schott...Good luck to the Streaks and hope to see one of our area teams bring home a state title.

Cookie
Freshman Team

Post by Cookie »

I haven't posted much on this but I want to say congratulations to this year's team and coaching staff.

I would also like to add that being at the Convo last Saturday I was thinking about my Dad and all of my friends and loved ones that have passed who dreamed about a Piketon team doing this. I was thinking about the sense of pride that they would have felt watching this team. My dad loved Piketon basketball but even more than that, he would have loved the way this team has went about their business. They have played aggressive, never back down, never be intimidated/look them in the eye team basketball. Then once the game is over they join hands with whoever is beside them and lower their heads and give thanks.

So let me end in saying thanks for doing it the right way.

jeepgirl_4life
Riding the Bench

Post by jeepgirl_4life »

Good Luck from some Jeeps! This is fantastic! Take it from a community that never thought that we would ever have a state championship. Enjoy every minute of it. Being at the schott and just seeing the team out there is almost too cool for words. Good Luck Redstreaks!

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Cookie, Amen to that! My dad would have loved to take this ride tomorrow with the rest of the community. I spent about 1 hour talking to C R Williams at the high school about a lot of off the wall stories about Piketon Basketball. This community is tight nit, and this championship run is bringing it even closer together~!

Lets Go Streaks!

luvthegame
Riding the Bench

Post by luvthegame »

Cookie wrote:I haven't posted much on this but I want to say congratulations to this year's team and coaching staff.

I would also like to add that being at the Convo last Saturday I was thinking about my Dad and all of my friends and loved ones that have passed who dreamed about a Piketon team doing this. I was thinking about the sense of pride that they would have felt watching this team. My dad loved Piketon basketball but even more than that, he would have loved the way this team has went about their business. They have played aggressive, never back down, never be intimidated/look them in the eye team basketball. Then once the game is over they join hands with whoever is beside them and lower their heads and give thanks.

So let me end in saying thanks for doing it the right way.

This is by far the best post I have ever read!! Thanks for putting things in perspective. Go Streaks!!!!

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

Cookie and eagles73, Great Posts.

I've been to a lot of sectional, district, regional and State Championship games over the year's, following my own county teams along with others and it does really hit home when someone makes it to the state and most of the time it's a one shot deal with those memories that linger in the mind forever for a certain school and it's fans especially if all goes well and they win it all at "State" but you also always remember the good times you had attending these events with family, friends and acquaintances that are no longer with us so we all need to keep it in perspective that life is just a fleeting moment and enjoy it while we're here. On that note, gooooo Oaks, Streaks and Braves !!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”