Fairland vs. Lynchburg Clay - District Final

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Fairland vs. Lynchburg Clay - District Final

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR OVC BROTHERS THE FAIRLAND DRAGONS ON ANOTHER FINE YEAR OF OVC BASKETBALL.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Basketball365247
Waterboy

Post by Basketball365247 »

This was probably one of the best games I've seen all year. LC showed a lot of heart and Pierson is a big time player!! Fairland is going to be scary good these next 2 years, they can flat out shoot the ball and are a very fast team. Great showing by both squads. Love HS ball.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

ttt since many of the folks who insist Fairland is better than VC....also figured the same Fairland kids last year were going to be the guard loaded Lynchburg Clay team....this year's VC team seems very comparable to last year's LC team but play better defense.

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragon's Lair »

Ironman92 wrote:ttt since many of the folks who insist Fairland is better than VC....also figured the same Fairland kids last year were going to be the guard loaded Lynchburg Clay team....this year's VC team seems very comparable to last year's LC team but play better defense.
Last year is in the past. I'm not quite sure what your trying to prove bringing up a post from last year. This is a mute point considering that VC and Fairland don't play each other and VC is D2 and Fairland is D3 and can't see each other in the postseason. I didn't rank the teams, Pfloyd did and my point is that until Fairland loses how can they fall out of that spot because VC beat a team ranked lower than both of them. Doesn't make any sense. Like I said, a very good win for VC beating Athens on the road. I saw VC play last year and IMO Fairland would have beaten them. But like I said last year is last year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Dragon's Lair wrote:
Ironman92 wrote:ttt since many of the folks who insist Fairland is better than VC....also figured the same Fairland kids last year were going to be the guard loaded Lynchburg Clay team....this year's VC team seems very comparable to last year's LC team but play better defense.
Last year is in the past. I'm not quite sure what your trying to prove bringing up a post from last year. This is a mute point considering that VC and Fairland don't play each other and VC is D2 and Fairland is D3 and can't see each other in the postseason. I didn't rank the teams, Pfloyd did and my point is that until Fairland loses how can they fall out of that spot because VC beat a team ranked lower than both of them. Doesn't make any sense. Like I said, a very good win for VC beating Athens on the road. I saw VC play last year and IMO Fairland would have beaten them. But like I said last year is last year.
Not much conversation really going on this site. I do t disagree with your points and didn't bring this back up because of you. I really did enjoy watching the Fairland team last year and my son loved having Gunner Short as his team coach at Rio Camp. I can't say which team is better but IMO I along with other need to be more open to what I believe that Fairland might be better than VC but the alter might be true. VC can score score score and plays excellent defense and have one of the elite coaches. Fairland may very well be the better team but no way will I believe they are definitely better than this year's VC team. My point was to show how many people thought Fairland last year (same kids everyone is saying +1 year) would beat LC, then lost by 11. I assume Fairland a year older and wiser is improved a year's growth...but IMO this year's VC team is better than last year's VC and last year's LC team. I believe VC has everything necessary to best Fairland, but also understand that like those who posted on this thread last year that I could be a little off.

One thing I do know...I would love to watch the impossible to happen matchup between the Vikings and the Dragons.

Also, FWIW Fairland has about as strong program from biddy league through varsity. Impressed by many things I have seen by their youth league coaches and players.

Good Luck to the Fairland kids this year and especially come tourney time.

Dragon's Lair
Riding the Bench

Post by Dragon's Lair »

Ironman92 wrote:
Dragon's Lair wrote:
Not much conversation really going on this site. I do t disagree with your points and didn't bring this back up because of you. I really did enjoy watching the Fairland team last year and my son loved having Gunner Short as his team coach at Rio Camp. I can't say which team is better but IMO I along with other need to be more open to what I believe that Fairland might be better than VC but the alter might be true. VC can score score score and plays excellent defense and have one of the elite coaches. Fairland may very well be the better team but no way will I believe they are definitely better than this year's VC team. My point was to show how many people thought Fairland last year (same kids everyone is saying +1 year) would beat LC, then lost by 11. I assume Fairland a year older and wiser is improved a year's growth...but IMO this year's VC team is better than last year's VC and last year's LC team. I believe VC has everything necessary to best Fairland, but also understand that like those who posted on this thread last year that I could be a little off.

One thing I do know...I would love to watch the impossible to happen matchup between the Vikings and the Dragons.

Also, FWIW Fairland has about as strong program from biddy league through varsity. Impressed by many things I have seen by their youth league coaches and players.

Good Luck to the Fairland kids this year and especially come tourney time.
Would be a very good matchup. I've seen the Bartoe kid play twice now. He is one of the best scoring point guards in southern ohio. Probably him and Lutz as 1-2 in any order. The junior kid VC has that also play QB on the football team is also a great athlete and very strong, can't remember his name. But Fairland matches up well with Staten who is one of the best perimeter defenders in southern ohio guarding Bartoe and Short who is 6'3 and can guard bigger guards very well matching up with the QB. Plus Van Horn protecting the rim as well as anybody. I will agree that Fairland underachieved last year missing an opportunity to advance up 12 at halftime and 8 with 5 min left against LC. Fairland was a little immature at times . Hopefully a year makes a big difference.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

All very fair. VC does have another sharpshooter Jones who went for 22 at Athens.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Fairland is better than VC in my opinion but it's close...also they may have been up 8 but they didn't score the last 6+ minutes of that game against LC. Call it nerves or what you want, but LC also had something to do with it. I think Fairland is poised to make a run to Columbus as long as they stay healthy and improve as year goes on. It's an exciting time of the year!

Return to “Boys Basketball”