Eastern vs. Southern @ the Convo

southern2005
Riding the Bench

Re: Eastern vs. Southern @ the Convo

Post by southern2005 »

The Gloaming wrote:
I smell good wrote:Good analogy Gloaming........ :roll:

Put Ohio State in the Mac every year and they win.

Place any large school in a smaller division and they are going to do well.

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

No.....it isn't. Someone claimed the Hocking was better than the Ohio which is...the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

VC vs Waterford=VC by 10
Alex vs. Eastern or Southern= Alex by 20+

Federal Hocking is a bigger school in the smaller division and look at them. They have had success recently but traditionally they aren't the best year in year out. What I'm getting at is D4 basketball in the southeast is awful. You guys are apparently die hard Tornadoes/Eagles and can't realize how far D4 has fallen.

and for the record..ohio state is terrible...I remember when one of the worst teams in the MAC almost beat them on the gridiron in Columbus.

You sir are an idiot.

cf389807
Waterboy

Post by cf389807 »

This is going to an exciting game to see!
Good Luck SHS!!! :122245

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

Gloaming Southern killed Meigs when they played them. Did Alex beat Meigs? I'm not dumb enough to think the tvc hocking is a power house, but the tvc ohio isn't either. There is not much difference in the two.We have three teams left in the tournament you should root them on. They are tvc just like you. We went and rooted VC and Alex on. IMO I thought VC and Alex were the better teams in their games and just let it get away at the end. The TVC could have had five teams left right now. I don't think anybody is trying to take anything away from your team.Well maybe there is one or two dumb people who get on here that has no reasoning to them. Before you say it I will. Fed Hock beat Southern and Alex killed them. But that is my point about the TVC as a whole anybody can beat anybody. This year for sure.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I totally agree

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

Yeah yeah....I'd be thrilled if a TVC school made it out of Regionals and on to state...it's quite an accomplishment to have made it this far and all that feel goodery talk.....here's the deal though.....Eastern/Southern...whoever wins...is going to get waxed in regionals. My whole argument has been about how bad the SE is as a whole in D4 basketball. Generally to get to Regionals you have to be a pretty solid basketball team...I've seen Eastern and Southern...it's gonna get ugly.

Congratulations and best of luck in the next round whoever wins...you're gonna need it.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

I think Eastern or Southern both can compete with anyone

The Gloaming
Freshman Team

Post by The Gloaming »

classof86 wrote:I think Eastern or Southern both can compete with anyone

Well you'll get to test that theory in the regionals.

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

Is this the 3rd father-son matchup this year....How did Howdy and Howdy Junior fare in the earlier games? Do these guys run the same offense and deefenses against each other? Should make for interesting conversation at the Caldwell dinner table:

Howdy: Son, are you g uys still working on the Triangle offense in Racine?
Junior: Dad, I have a new twist for this game. We are gonna run the picket fence...
Howdy: Good son, now pass the potatoes!

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Scooter :?: Image

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

thEGR81 wrote:
KC Java wrote:Is this the 3rd father-son matchup this year....How did Howdy and Howdy Junior fare in the earlier games? Do these guys run the same offense and deefenses against each other? Should make for interesting conversation at the Caldwell dinner table:

Howdy: Son, are you g uys still working on the Triangle offense in Racine?
Junior: Dad, I have a new twist for this game. We are gonna run the picket fence...
Howdy: Good son, now pass the potatoes!

Scooter Christman must not like Howdy as much as Koondogger

Who is Scooter Christman? You must have a mancrush on him. :lol:

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

Wow, this is the first post I have made on SEOPS since last fall I believe. I had to get on and write something about this game. I have only watched my alumni Eagles play 2 games this year, and they lost both. I know they have got a lot better since then. With Coach Caldwell, his teams get better and better as the season goes. Thats the way he coaches, lets the young players develop. The Eagles seem to have many players that can lead the team in scoring. I do not know the specifics, but I bet 6 or more of them has led the team in scoring one game or another. They need to all bring their best game Saturday against the Tornadoes. I'm am not saying that is the only way they can win, because I think Eastern can out hustle and outrun Southern. Southern is also a fast team though. Coach Caldwell is definitely the better of the two coaches, no question. That is one area in which the Eagles have an edge. Plus, it has always been said that it is nearly impossible to beat a team 3 times in one year. Southern could use that as motivation, but the Eagles need to be motivated to NOT lose to Southern 3 times in one year. That would just be horrible as a Eastern fan and player or student. It would also be nice to have a large Eagle student section supporting their team at the Convo. I remember the early 2000's, then Eastern had their best team in history, the student section was unmatched. I hate to miss the game, but I have some stuff going on. I haven't even been to any Convo HS games this year! The past 2 years I was there every night. Classof1986, I didn't know you still posted on here.

Anyways, GOOD LUCK EAGLES!

KC Java
Freshman Team

Post by KC Java »

I just wish soemone would get that baseball coach a date so he would leave scooter alone.

hardhitter ll
Varsity

Post by hardhitter ll »

KC Java wrote:I just wish soemone would get that baseball coach a date so he would leave scooter alone.

Baseball coach? Heck I had Howdy pegged. Maybe Howdy is tc fan? :lol:

oldmo31
Varsity

Post by oldmo31 »

I read on the h2o and OH thread guys are willing to bet a 1000 bucks on a high school game.WOW! I want to get in on some of that action.I,m giving 100 to 1 odds that a team from Meigs county and the winning coach will be coach Caldwell in the regionals.Maximum bet I can accept is 1000 dollars.Good luck to both teams and have fun and enjoy the moment,it should be a great game!!!!!!!!!! By the way I,ll be wearing GREEN.GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eagle82
All Conference

Post by Eagle82 »

Go Eagles get a W at the convo.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

4Sporter I have heard that beating a team three times is hard,but we beat Trimble three times last year to get to the districts. So I am taking Southern.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

But also cg22, Howie Caldwell knows how to coach in this situation. Regular season games are one thing, and District Final games are a whole other thing. I think Howie has more experience in these high pressure games. With the quickness, and hustle the Eagles have, this time will be different. Didn't Eastern almost beat Southern the 2nd matchup this season? I think they'll be ready, with a great game plan to stop the does.

cg 22
JV Team

Post by cg 22 »

I like the fact Southern starts 3 seniors to eastern 0. I think this will help Southern.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Eastern does have alot of youth, but now have 4 tournament games under their belt so I don't think the experience factor is going to help either team. The bigger floor of the Convo will help Eastern because they are much quicker than Southern. Eastern's defense will have to step it up to shut down Harris. The key to the game for Eastern will be to hit some 3's against that Southern zone, and Southern will win if Harris shoots well.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Should be a great game. I think I may check it out.

Return to “Boys Basketball”