LIKE THE "OLD DAYS" , Div. IV REGIONAL ADVANTAGE ?

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

LIKE THE "OLD DAYS" , Div. IV REGIONAL ADVANTAGE ?

Post by FANOSPORTS »

One good thing in D-IV is that the SE District winners now get to stay "at home" in the convo in Athens to play both the regional semis and the final whereas in recent years past the Southeast district champs had to travel to the "Barn" at the state fairgrounds to play. The Central (Columbus) district regional semi will be at the fairgrounds but then they (Probably either Newark Catholic or Worthington Christian) have to travel to Athens for the final game. Advantage ? This is the only Region in DIV that plays in two different locations after looking at the OHSAA web site.

theassassin
All State

Re: LIKE THE "OLD DAYS" , Div. IV REGIONAL ADVANTAGE ?

Post by theassassin »

i dont understand why both semis arent at the convo

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Re: LIKE THE "OLD DAYS" , Div. IV REGIONAL ADVANTAGE ?

Post by FANOSPORTS »

I don't know, but it's the Columbus district's against each other in one regional semi and the two Athen's districts against each other in the other semi so I guess the powers that be (ohsaa) decided it would probably make more sense for travel purposes for the semi's and then the final would have to be played at one of the two locations anyway and after all these years I think they've finally figured out that the convo is a heckuva lot better than the "old barn" anyway. I've been to both numerous times and there is no comparison , especially on concession prices (for anyone in SE Ohio who has never been to "the barn", all I can say is you will pay about double what you pay in Athens and the seats are a lot less comfortable) !!!!!

Return to “Boys Basketball”