North Adams vs Zane Trace

bitbucket
Freshman Team

Re: North Adams vs Zane Trace

Post by bitbucket »

Why didn't a 'kicked ball' call get called at the end of the game. It didn't come off the foot?

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

bitbucket wrote:Why didn't a 'kicked ball' call get called at the end of the game. It didn't come off the foot?

I might not have saw it clearly but it looked like it hit his leg instead of foot.

oxcowboy
Waterboy

Post by oxcowboy »

not sure about the kicked ball no call, i couldnt see it well from where is was at. may have been a bad call, kinda like the blocking call that was a charge at the end of regulation.

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

Yeah the kicked ball actually looked to me like it hit him in the thigh. May have evened itself out w/the blocking call at the end of regulation.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

NA should have rolled a middle of the pack SVC team. They will have their hands full with Piketon.

stephen3108
Riding the Bench

Post by stephen3108 »

I love how people were saying that ZT was underrated and should have been at the top of the SVC and were expected to be, then say that NA should have rolled against a middle of the pack team.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

No dig on ZT at all, they are a solid ball club in a very tough SVC. I think most would agree that an UNDEFEATED team would be expected to roll a 13-9 team. But they didn't, so it makes you question the level of competition that the undefeated team faced.

PicketFence
Waterboy

Post by PicketFence »

Didn't Piketon lose to this "middle of the pack" team this season?

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

Yes they did but Evan Legg was deathly sick that game so not sure how much you can read into that one.

stephen3108
Riding the Bench

Post by stephen3108 »

Yeah well tournament time might make a little bit of a difference. Teams play differently in the tournament than in the regular season. And just so you know, still UNDEFEATED. Thats all that matters now. You can't knock NA no matter what happens the rest of the tournament.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

no one is knocking NA, I have seen them play 4 times this year. They are a great ball club. I expect the Piketon / NA game to be a great one.

Why are the Adams Co folks always so defensive. lol!

It is just a game focker! ha
Last edited by hbk2016 on Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Zane Trace ended at 14-10.
They lost a lot of close games this season.
ZT split with Piketon and lost two close games to Westfall.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Great job Green Devils way to find a way to win. Tremendous effort by ZT those kids really played hard and showed a whole bunch of class.

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Post by warningtrackpower »

Great game! Here is a link to some pictures and a short article.

http://www.svcsportszone.com/ztboysdist.html

hoopin
Freshman Team

Post by hoopin »

KrAm wrote:I have changed my mind, I am GUARANTEEING a ZT victory this weekend.

Care to elaborate? Feel free to backtrack!

Wffan
JV Team

Post by Wffan »

oxcowboy wrote:not sure about the kicked ball no call, i couldnt see it well from where is was at. may have been a bad call, kinda like the blocking call that was a charge at the end of regulation.

I was pulling for Zane Trace but no way that was a charge. Game probably should have ended there assuming he hits the free throws.

Piketon/N.A. will be a battle. Don't really see how anyone can say one team will beat the other. Should be fun to watch!

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

oxcowboy wrote:Great game by both teams, zt will be tough to get around next year. way to keep working devils

So Kram will you do us a favor in devil land and give us your guarantee that piketon will win the next game?

Yes I will guarantee a Piketon win. They are too big and athletic for NA. The only way NA will beat us is if we come out and play selfish. If we play team ball and not for ourselves, it's a wrap. Brabson needs to keep his big butt in the post and stay in there all night, he is a matchup nightmare, but if him and Smith settle for jumpshots it's gonna be a long night for us.

hoopin wrote:

I don't care that they didn't win, it's a win for me anyways because ya'll were talkin' like NA was gonna win by 20+, and one idiot said NA by 30! Kiddin' me? That was ridiculous. So in my opinion that's a win for me regardless if they didn't hold up my end of the bargain for me.

boomer633
Varsity

Post by boomer633 »

KrAm wrote:
oxcowboy wrote:Great game by both teams, zt will be tough to get around next year. way to keep working devils

So Kram will you do us a favor in devil land and give us your guarantee that piketon will win the next game?

Yes I will guarantee a Piketon win. They are too big and athletic for NA. The only way NA will beat us is if we come out and play selfish. If we play team ball and not for ourselves, it's a wrap. Brabson needs to keep his big butt in the post and stay in there all night, he is a matchup nightmare, but if him and Smith settle for jumpshots it's gonna be a long night for us.

hoopin wrote:

I don't care that they didn't win, it's a win for me anyways because ya'll were talkin' like NA was gonna win by 20+, and one idiot said NA by 30! Kiddin' me? That was ridiculous. So in my opinion that's a win for me regardless if they didn't hold up my end of the bargain for me.

No more or less ridiculous than guaranteeing a win. Especially if you have no ability to affect the outcome one way or the other.
Piketon and North Adams should be a great game and in my mind it's a toss up on who wins. I don't think either team played their best on Saturday. Hopefully both play their A game on Wednesday and the winner goes to state.

hbk2016
Varsity

Post by hbk2016 »

You can't guarantee a win. It saddens me that a Piketonian would post such nonsense. It should be a great game.

Good luck to NA, but I sure hope the Streaks pull it out.

kram
Varsity

Post by kram »

So hbk, you don't have as much faith in the streaks as I do?

Return to “Boys Basketball”