2009-2010 Clay basketball

Smart Guy
Waterboy

Re: 2009-2010 Clay basketball

Post by Smart Guy »

osubuckeye wrote:Smartguy have you ever watched basketball before? Or for the matter coached a team? Trainer is a good guy, honest as they come..but he does not know how to coach a high school team that has as little talent as Clay. Kids at Clay needed to be taught plays and fundamentals...from what I saw none of that happened.

Hey big fella, I never get in pissin' contests with skunks. ;-)

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

yes it is

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

Post by rosemount rebel »

here is my opinion, open gym is coming up, we will see who is wanting to play next year. who is willing to work hard all
summer and who is not. the kids have to work hard to get better. open your eyes clay people if they don't work hard
in the summer they will not improve. they will have the same team as last year. and you can get another coach but the results will the same. the 15-20 kids is all we have ,so they have to work at it, no team will let you beat them.
(come great sacrifice comes great rewards) so work hard get better and have a great year. good luck panthers.
go get the golden ball. :twisted:

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

wattsup wrote:I agree with all but the "get another coach and results will be the same". That is saying the coach has no affect on the outcome of the game. It could be worse, or it could be better. That is why so many teams change coaches. [It wouldn't be fair to say, we have this group of boys and no matter who coaches them, they will do the same.]

I SAID IF THEY DON'T WORK HARD IN THE SUMMER THEY WILL NOT IMPROVE. AND IF YOU DON'T IMPROVE YOU DON'T WIN. DO YOU KNOW ANY COACH THAT CAN WIN IF THE KIDS DON'T IMPROVE AT THEIR GAME. IF YOU DO LET ME KNOW.
if other teams are working on their game in the summer and we are not they are going to get better and we are not! so you will have the same outcome. you may have another coach but the same results. it takes hard work and dedication from THE PLAYERS TO GET BETTER AND WIN. :twisted:

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

rosemount rebel wrote:
wattsup wrote:I agree with all but the "get another coach and results will be the same". That is saying the coach has no affect on the outcome of the game. It could be worse, or it could be better. That is why so many teams change coaches. [It wouldn't be fair to say, we have this group of boys and no matter who coaches them, they will do the same.]

I SAID IF THEY DON'T WORK HARD IN THE SUMMER THEY WILL NOT IMPROVE. AND IF YOU DON'T IMPROVE YOU DON'T WIN. DO YOU KNOW ANY COACH THAT CAN WIN IF THE KIDS DON'T IMPROVE AT THEIR GAME. IF YOU DO LET ME KNOW.
if other teams are working on their game in the summer and we are not they are going to get better and we are not! so you will have the same outcome. you may have another coach but the same results. it takes hard work and dedication from THE PLAYERS TO GET BETTER AND WIN. :twisted:

Amen to that rosmount rebel. We have a meeting tonight at 6. We will see how many people show up to the meeting and how many show up to the open gyms.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

I know last year we had really low numbers in the opengyms for a while

BUCKEYE NUT
Riding the Bench

Post by BUCKEYE NUT »

Frist the boys have to be dedicated and want to go to open gym and give it 100%, then they all need to get on an AAU TEAM and play every week end in AAU TOURNAMENT that will start on fridays and continul thur Sunday night. then they will improve. I know that it is expensive, but this is the best route to travel. Mike Huges will give private leason up in Wheelerburg at his home. Mike the best basketball teacher around this area and has a lot of college contacks. This is all up to the boys and the parents. One more thing, Clay has 3 nice outside basketball courts and none of them gets alot of use. There use to be alot of basketball played on them and the players learnt alot of basketball, so there is alot of ways to improve, untill next season rolls around. GO PANTHERS !!!!!!!

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

wattsup wrote:There are some good camps around the area that would help as well. As for Clay's courts, the two I know of are in rough shape. The middle school play ground is cracked and uneven. The court at to pool was just cleaned up a bit, but it was done by a private citizen who raised the money with a couple of Jars put out, and asking for donations (which was like pulling teeth). Thankfully USEC stepped in with enough money to pay someone to powerwash the dirt and weeds off of it, seal it and fill in the cracks, but it really needs repaved. Anyone interested in painting the lines on it is more than welcome to go up and have at it. I am not aware of the third court.

I've personally played alot of basketball on two of three basketball courts. The third court is the basketball court at Rosemount elementary. Unlike the other courts, this court has double rims and stiff backboards. This helps ur jumpshot alot. I've seen and played alot of games on these courts; but lately there hasn't been as much action as there should be. And i would like to personally like to thank the people who spend their time in cleaning up the claypool court. It's probably the best court to work on ur game at. I know of one or maybe two camps the team is going to in the summer. One is the a team camp at Marietta Colllege and the other is a camp in Eastern Ohio. And it is ran by Larry Huggins "the brother of WV head coach Bob Huggins" and i'm personally going to this one. Finally Weightlifting starts today at # for anybody who is interested. Hope to see you there.

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Hopefully this year there will be more people in the weight room unlike last year with just a couple boys a day.

rosemount rebel
Freshman Team

are all the kids lifting, hope so. work hard boys what you put into it is what you will get out of it. CHAMPS ARE MADE NOW
NOT LATER ! :twisted:

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Well Clay will start off the summer by playing Tuesday at Valley but they are playing at 6:45 Manchester let see how they do and this will show a little a bit of what they have for this upcoming summer

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

Clay went to Marietta College this past weekend and went 1-4 with only 2 people who was on varsity last year

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

We played at Chilicothe for a summer league and we lost to vinton County by 12 then we played Chillicothe and lost by 3 which we should have one we lead the whole game till like 3 minutes left in the 2nd half

hempimp14
Freshman Team

Post by hempimp14 »

claypantherfan wrote:We played at Chilicothe for a summer league and we lost to vinton County by 12 then we played Chillicothe and lost by 3 which we should have one we lead the whole game till like 3 minutes left in the 2nd half

there were also only 7 players show up and only 2 of them played varsity last year
the other 5 came out of jv and 1 from a new school

claypantherfan
All State

Post by claypantherfan »

And we jsut got stronger out of the guard postion we picked up another good guard that we will need to help us this year

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

And that guard adds somemore height to the team. I don't know but i see alot of teams having matchup problems with all that height. Does that make 5 kids 6 ft or taller?

Return to “Boys Basketball”