Symmes Valley vs. Southern @ Wellston 3/3

cg 22
JV Team

Re: Symmes Valley vs. Southern @ Wellston 3/3

Post by cg 22 »

RR Man wrote:Chuck Taylor. I donot post much,but, you should not call other schools names.I am sure you donot like it when they would call your school names. I think you should aplogize for you name calling of symmes valley.

He is not from Southern. Game night, go Southern Tornadoes !

Shazbot
Freshman Team

Post by Shazbot »

28-25 at the half. SV leads

seopsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by seopsfan »

Thanks for the update! Doesn't look to good for Southern. They don't play well down
Last edited by seopsfan on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold.and.Green88
Freshman Team

Post by Gold.and.Green88 »

Update?

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

Way to go Southern moving on to play in the next Game..
Southern is back to playing Good ball!!!!

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Final score?

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

score?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Final score from Wellston was:

Southern 63, Symmes Valley 54

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

I say Coach Bradford is thinking of a game plan on his way home if he went to watch this game.

Fan-o-Southern
Varsity

Post by Fan-o-Southern »

BleedingPurple&Gold wrote:Southern is back to playing Good ball!!!!

Did we watch the same team tonight? :122248

I think Southern, for 3 qtr's, tried to let SV win it. Gotta play better than they did tonight. Not to sound unpatriotic, but felt they almost let this one slip through their hands. The better team won tonight though. It would've been a shame to let this one slip by.

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Southern started out the game terrible, I thought for sure they would come home with a loss, but when harris starts hitting then Southern is a totally different team, I hope both Southern and Eastern win on tuesday because that would be one heated district final

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Both games can be heard live on "The Frog" 92.1 FM

hardfowl
All State

Post by hardfowl »

Southern 12 13 21 17 63
Sy Valley 17 11 15 11 54

Southern

Michael Manuel 20
Bryan Harris 20
Sean Coppick 7
John Brauer 7
Brad Brown 5
Weston Roberts 2
Cyle Rees 1
?????? 1

FT 16-22 (10-10 to start game)

TO 16

Symmes Valley

Kris Tibbs 20
Luke Taylor 14
Hunter Johnson 6
Dustin Wilson 3
Josh Craft 2
Brandon Bowling 2
Ryan Stanley 2
Jesse Graybeal 2
???????? 2
Justin Payne 1

FT 8-19 (Made only 1 of their last 6)

TO 14

Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

cg 22 wrote:
RR Man wrote:Chuck Taylor. I donot post much,but, you should not call other schools names.I am sure you donot like it when they would call your school names. I think you should aplogize for you name calling of symmes valley.

He is not from Southern. Game night, go Southern Tornadoes !

cg 22 is from Coal Grove. How would he know where I am from?

Chuck Taylor
Riding the Bench

Post by Chuck Taylor »

Hopper 11 wrote:Chuck Taylor I am getting sick of you acting like you were on the 82 team and running down this years team. Most of us off that team have kids in Southern basketball. As a parent I want to see my kids do better than I did. And I am sure all my teamates do as well. Since you want to act like you were on the 80 or 82 team. Here is a quiz for you. Who was Cousin H and what number did he have? Who was Jungle Cat and what number was he? You have forced me to have to Za you.ZA

I would have to give some thought to your questions. Its been awhile since I heard those nicknames used and I didnt spend much of my adult life memorizing numbers of my teammates. Unlike you, I dont spend all my time reliving past glory. WAIT! Yes I do. Look, It is simple. Southern basketball isnt what it was in our day. Baseball is the sport of choice today. Why are you such a baseballhater? When I see the dedication we had I will give respect where it is due. Until then you can stuff your rahrah attitude and your stupid trivia. It makes me sick every time I go into Slims for gas and beer or the barber shop to listen to you guys bragging about a mediocre team playing mediocre competition.

Hopper 11
JV Team

Post by Hopper 11 »

Chuck Taylor wrote:
Hopper 11 wrote:Chuck Taylor I am getting sick of you acting like you were on the 82 team and running down this years team. Most of us off that team have kids in Southern basketball. As a parent I want to see my kids do better than I did. And I am sure all my teamates do as well. Since you want to act like you were on the 80 or 82 team. Here is a quiz for you. Who was Cousin H and what number did he have? Who was Jungle Cat and what number was he? You have forced me to have to Za you.ZA

I would have to give some thought to your questions. Its been awhile since I heard those nicknames used and I didnt spend much of my adult life memorizing numbers of my teammates. Unlike you, I dont spend all my time reliving past glory. WAIT! Yes I do. Look, It is simple. Southern basketball isnt what it was in our day. Baseball is the sport of choice today. Why are you such a baseballhater? When I see the dedication we had I will give respect where it is due. Until then you can stuff your rahrah attitude and your stupid trivia. It makes me sick every time I go into Slims for gas and beer or the barber shop to listen to you guys bragging about a mediocre team playing mediocre competition.

You wouldn't have to give much thought to those names if you really played on one of those teams. Like I said you were not one of my teamates and it is sad you spend your time pretending you were. My guess is you have plenty of time now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BleedingPurple&Gold
Waterboy

Post by BleedingPurple&Gold »

Fan-o-Southern wrote:
BleedingPurple&Gold wrote:Southern is back to playing Good ball!!!!

Did we watch the same team tonight? :122248

I think Southern, for 3 qtr's, tried to let SV win it. Gotta play better than they did tonight. Not to sound unpatriotic, but felt they almost let this one slip through their hands. The better team won tonight though. It would've been a shame to let this one slip by.

after watching the waterford game they did play good ball Key word good ball.
Now if they get back to playing Great ball like we know they can play teams need to look out.

Hopper 11, Chucky know u made him look like a retard. Good Job. I wasn't even born and I know who Jungle Cat was

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Congrats to Southern and Coach Caldwell from this eagle fan!

-varsity-
JV Team

Post by -varsity- »

how did tibbs do??

bluetraveler
Riding the Bench

Post by bluetraveler »

Come on Chuck ................. answer the questions, I'm not from southern,nor origionally Ohio and i graduated before 1982 and I know the answer to the nick names,but not the numbers.Surely if you played on that team you would know the names.or even if you attended SHS during those years.IMO if you don't answer then you lose ANY credibility you maY HAVE HAD.

Return to “Boys Basketball”