Western Indians Coach

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Western Indians Coach

Post by Sideliner008 »

Its been heard that Harrop has resigned! Had two great seasons with the Indians and hope everything goes well for him!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Re: Western Indians Coach

Post by Out of Bounds »

Sorry to hear that Trent is stepping down. Wish him the best of luck. Gonna miss seeing his stat girl at the game too. :razz:

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Post by Interested In All »

WOW. Why are so many coaches stepping down or quiting. Harrop was a very energetic guy and young. Was he under pressure.Also hate to see his stat girl go also. She is a babe.LOL

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Was he forced out? Did he leave because of losing the farm this season? Family reasons?

Anyone have any info?

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner008 »

I think a lot of people just were complaining about him cause their kids didnt get enough playing time same ol same ol! Not for sure why he ended up resigning for sure but pressure had a lot to do with it im sure!

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner008 »

Eaglesnest wrote:Was he forced out? Did he leave because of losing the farm this season? Family reasons?

Anyone have any info?

I dont think he was forced out...I think they voted on it and only one member voted him to leave so...Not a fact just heard!

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Parents,fans and administrators will never understand what it takes Good luck Coach Harrop

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

No way, he has success and still parents are complaining. Who would want to coach now a days?

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner008 »

No one is ever happy!

WC-MACY
Waterboy

Post by WC-MACY »

Can't imagine anyone wanting to coach at Western.....Parents, school board, & community always seem to know more than the coach. If you win 15 games and lose 5 they want to talk about why you lost the 5 not the 15 wins.. Congrats to Coach Harrop on the last few seasons

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

I agree, it seems to me that most school boards are spineless now a days. One or two parents aren't happy and create some kind of confrontation, and the boards answer is to make a change instead of looking at the big picture. Those parents will be gone in a couple of years. To build a successful program you have to have some sort of stability. Doing things that way, you will never get it. You will be changing coaches every 3 or 4 years and that sucks. Stone up board and support your original hires.

Good luck to Coach Harrop!

They have a really good JV coach there now. I hope they give Coach Kight an opportunity. He's been around and paid his dues. He is definitely ready for the step to be head coach. I would want my son to play for him!

Interested In All
Riding the Bench

Out of Bounds wrote:I agree, it seems to me that most school boards are spineless now a days. One or two parents aren't happy and create some kind of confrontation, and the boards answer is to make a change instead of looking at the big picture. Those parents will be gone in a couple of years. To build a successful program you have to have some sort of stability. Doing things that way, you will never get it. You will be changing coaches every 3 or 4 years and that sucks. Stone up board and support your original hires.

Good luck to Coach Harrop!

They have a really good JV coach there now. I hope they give Coach Kight an opportunity. He's been around and paid his dues. He is definitely ready for the step to be head coach. I would want my son to play for him!

Seems like this is becoming a trend with parents and school boards. Parents want their kids to play no matter what and the school boards bend to that. How can you get on a guy that won 16 plus games and went to the district Evidently he wasn't playing the wrong players--WOW

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

I must have missed something...I haven't heard anything about parents complaining about their sons not getting playing time. I sincerely doubt this is the reason Coach Harrop resigned. He doesn't seem like that kind of man. And if he resigned how is that the school board's fault? I think that there is more to the story.

Sideliner008
Riding the Bench

Post by Sideliner008 »

Im not saying for sure but I heard last year parents were complaining and this year it also continued. Reasons why he resigned are known by him I was just telling what I heard and you never can believe what you hear! No matter what parents are going to complain!!!!!!

WC-MACY
Waterboy

Post by WC-MACY »

Probably the best decision by Coach Harrop........If he didn't resign he would be forced out by the community / school board who seem to think they have all the answers when it comes to coaching. Western is not a good place for a coach if you are planning on staying long enough to build a good program...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

I heard they wanted him back but he did not want to return.I was never impressed with him as a coach anyway and it seems like he is quitting on his kids that are returning.If there is reasons involved I do not know about,then I apologize but it just seemed to me that he knew he would have a couple down years and wanted to get out instead of working through it.I seriously doubt he will get another varsity job.

Out of Bounds
Varsity

Post by Out of Bounds »

beaverlover wrote:I heard they wanted him back but he did not want to return.I was never impressed with him as a coach anyway and it seems like he is quitting on his kids that are returning.If there is reasons involved I do not know about,then I apologize but it just seemed to me that he knew he would have a couple down years and wanted to get out instead of working through it.I seriously doubt he will get another varsity job.

Just wondering, what does it take to impress you as a coach?? His record is pretty good, his kids like him, and he seems to be running a respectable program. I'm sure he will be upset that he didn't live up to your standards.

thecinderellapick
Freshman Team

Post by thecinderellapick »

The problem at Western is that no one in charge knows what it takes to "build a program". Either that or they simply don't care enough about the program to do the right thing. This will be seen in the upcoming weeks. There will be no effort to find the best candidate to take the job. The vacancies created by Harrop's resignation will be filled by people that the board likes (in house) and the so-called program will spiral ever downward...They pushed Coach Howard out of his position and he had turned around a program with a 25 year losing tradition and took a team to the Regional finals within 5 years of his hiring! If you think "Western is not a good place for a coach" then what kind of place do you think it is for a PLAYER???? Just once I'd like for someone in power out here to do the right thing for the kids of this district. They deserve better.

WC-MACY, I don't think we needed to "build a good program" so much as maintain it. There was one in place. Howard started it. All that needed to be done was keep making it better.

Bricklayer
Riding the Bench

Post by Bricklayer »

it was probably because western is using all their good players. Next year they shouldn't be much of a powerhouse like years past.

WC-MACY
Waterboy

Post by WC-MACY »

beaverlover.......I do not believe Harrop quit on the kids that are returning..I would think he was tired of hearing people talk about his coaching ability & the lack of respect he gets... sounds like you may be one of them since you was not impressed with his coaching.

thecinderellapick....

I agree with most of your post....They will not search for the best candidate for the kids, it will be a hire that satifies the board and community not the best for the position....The so called 25 year losing tradition was created by not letting a coach stay in place long enough to build a program (someone always seems to know more than the coach)...That's the reason it's not a good place for a coach & I know what kind of place it is for a player...I played there also was an assistant coach...

As far as Coach Harrop...I do not know him personally only know him as the coach because I've seen him on the sidelines...I do however know what it is like in his position at Western..Everyone wants to tell you how to do your job or talk about how "Bad" of a coach you are....Everyone has their opinion even though they have "zero" experience in coaching

Return to “Boys Basketball”