Green vs South Webster 1st Round Sec.

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Re: Green vs South Webster 1st Round Sec.

Post by South Jeepster »

Neither team will get by the Greyhounds, so good luck with whoever wins tonight and enjoy the win cause it'll be the last win of your season when you go and face the Greyhounds there just 2 big inside with 3 kids at 6'5 and 2 guards that can shoot the lights out.

You better hope so!
The Jeeps play up & down to who they are playing.
Just ask Oak Hill, Valley, Wheelersburg, Minford, and any SOC II team.
This is a team that plays for the post year, just like Oak Hill does.
Thats why you see the SOC II on top every year (that is a fact,)
come play in the SOC I or II and see just what your made of.
Good look to the JEEPS & OAKS.

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

After watching this game I couldn't figure out the reasoning for the game plan that Green had. They took way to many 3's, 2 of 16 I believe they said on the radio on the way home.Webster was 2 of 6 on 3's. Webster controlled the tempo of the game but neither team played very well at all but Webster hit FT's and had a good second quarter and was more patient on offense which was the difference. Why the Poe kid wasn't used baffles me. He would have taken some of the defense away from Ratcliff and opened up things for everyone.Clarke didn't show up on offense which hurt. Can't understand using Lewis instead of Poe,Pinkerton or even McCloud.Oh well, its over and water under the bridge

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Congrats to the Jeeps on the win. Sounded like an ugly one on the radio. But a win's a win. It'll take a monumental effort to knock off Manchester, but anything can happen.

Also congrats to Green on finishing off a rough season. Those kids have been through alot and competed right down to the end. I hope they get a decent coach in there finally and get some stability in that program. There's way too much tradition up there for them not to get back on track.*

South Jeepster
Riding the Bench

Post by South Jeepster »

Operator wrote:After watching this game I couldn't figure out the reasoning for the game plan that Green had. They took way to many 3's, 2 of 16 I believe they said on the radio on the way home.Webster was 2 of 6 on 3's. Webster controlled the tempo of the game but neither team played very well at all but Webster hit FT's and had a good second quarter and was more patient on offense which was the difference. Why the Poe kid wasn't used baffles me. He would have taken some of the defense away from Ratcliff and opened up things for everyone.(Clarke didn't show up on offense which hurt. )Can't understand using Lewis instead of Poe,Pinkerton or even McCloud.Oh well, its over and water under the bridge

I think Clarke did a great job on offence, What a team leader he made it a close game, points are not everything.
Wish we had him, know the game he did a great job on offence.
Hats off to Matt Clarke from a JEEP fan!

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

I didn't mean to make it sound like Matt Clarke didn't do anything tonight. He is definitely their leader. I just meant they needed some scoring from him tonight because Webster tried to stop Ratcliff and Stapleton.Matt is a true competitor and the only senior that played basketball all the way through school.

candystore
Varsity

Post by candystore »

Webster controlled the tempo of the game and did a great job 8)

Sawdust
Freshman Team

Post by Sawdust »

Thank the Lord the Cat's season is finally over. After the first coach cut players that didn't need to be cut, then bit him on the a$$ in the Eastern contest causing him to bail on the rest of the team in mid-season, Green was in a tailspin. Fraley stepped up in the second game after Chas folded and won 4 games, more than the fans expected I might add, and tried to salvage the season. Joe did an admirable job, making the JV and the Varsity better in the long run. Now is the time for the BOE to get a quality coach, not a wanna be, to right the ship and help tutor Fraley, if he chooses to stay with Green. Fraley will be a great Varsity coach some day, he just needs a little more seasoning under a proven leader. Lindsay failed miserably with Kitchen, as history has already proved, although Charlie did inherit a complete mess from Hopper. Still, you don't quit on the kids, that to me is unforgivable. I will do whatever I can to see that Mike Hughes is given strong consideration for the coaching position. He is a proven winner and program builder. I just hope he gives us a chance. For any BOE members that read this forum, remember this. For every person that calls you to complain about how they don't want Hughes, there are 20 who want him. We are the silent majority. Do what is best for the community rather than what is best for 1 or 2 marginally talented players on the team. We know who they are and why they are griping. To the BOE of Green, Grow a pair!!!!! JMHO

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

Its a shame that a teacher from Green would would say things that he has said in his post especially about certain kids that that play basketball for Green. What a classy guy he is. The kids know who he is and he will be exposed. I'm sure Mr Hopper will be greatful to know also

frank-n-beans
Varsity

Post by frank-n-beans »

I agree with Sawdust. I will make no apologies, I wanna be like Mike. Hughes is the best basketball mind in southern Ohio. And he is a homegrown boy. Fraley did a good job with what was left of a battered team but I think he needs a couple of years under a good coaching mind to make him better. As for the BOE, there is only one whos' got the 'nads right now to make things better. He has tried for 3 years to bring him back, only to be rejected by a spineless Board who had agendas for their own kids or family squabbles. The others need to stop listening to a very select few and do what is right for the kids RIGHT NOW AND IN THE FUTURE. Mike will make them better immediately and also tutor the next coach to be a better coach. He coached my child for 1 year in pee-wee and my kid learned more in 1 hour a week at practice than she did in the other 3 years COMBINED with the other coaches. Like sawdust said, for every 1 who opposes, there are 20 of us who know we need and want Hughes. I told a board member the same thing after the loss to Webster.

Operator
Riding the Bench

Post by Operator »

Frank-n-Beans. I have to agree with one maybe two things you have said.The BOE is definitely spineless as was shown this year. Secondly, I doubt Fraley will settle for a jv job and have his strings pulled even more than they were this year by a board member, but he WOULD learn many OTHER things from your new coach from what I have heard: ;-)
Also, Your program was amess long before this year or even the last couple .It started with your grade school program and your jr high program not teaching them anything. Just opinions that I have heard

Return to “Boys Basketball”