Marietta @ Warren 2/14

X-Tiger
Waterboy

Re: Marietta @ Warren 2/14

Post by X-Tiger »

I love how Warren fans come on here and complain how Warren has such great students and Marietta has no class when it was the Warren students that toilet papered and drew inappropriate body parts on the windows of Marietta High School!

What a joke

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

Seriously there is a difference between talking over the internet on forums such as this and vandalizing a school building. And tribetime is it not a bit hypocritical to be criticizing marietta fans for being on here arguing when you are doing the same thing yourself....and yes i'm on here doing it but i'm not complaining that others are doing it. Obviously you take losing hard cause your being pretty sore losers right now.

WHSwarrior
Varsity

Post by WHSwarrior »

Let me set something straight for all you "Hail Marietta" posters

Last year Marietta's students painted on every hallway at WHS and toilet papered the trees and flagpole outside our cafeteria before that year's football game (which was at Warren) Their student section then came over to the Warren side during halftime and tried to start fights.

Don't think for a second that any Warren athlete or supportive student in that student section last night painted or toilet papered at MHS. Most of Warren's students wouldn't stoop that low.

There are exceptions, however. And just because MHS students did it last year definitely doesn't make it right for WHS students to have done it this year. It shouldn't have happened, however, I'm sure payback was on the find of whoever rolled MHS this weekend.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

WHSwarrior wrote:Let me set something straight for all you "Hail Marietta" posters

Last year Marietta's students painted on every hallway at WHS and toilet papered the trees and flagpole outside our cafeteria before that year's football game (which was at Warren) Their student section then came over to the Warren side during halftime and tried to start fights.

Don't think for a second that any Warren athlete or supportive student in that student section last night painted or toilet papered at MHS. Most of Warren's students wouldn't stoop that low.

There are exceptions, however. And just because MHS students did it last year definitely doesn't make it right for WHS students to have done it this year. It shouldn't have happened, however, I'm sure payback was on the find of whoever rolled MHS this weekend.

Its not the fact that it was done....its how it was done, innappropriate drawing on handicapped signs and windows has NOTHING to do with the game. And I bet our students did a halfway decent job toilet papering the school. And who are you kidding nobody from warren did it, what a joke. And i was in that group of students that came to the warren side, nobody started and fights we came over and chanted a few times and left, pretty harmless, until warren students began to spit and throw bottles at us. Get over it.

Oh and one more thing......HAIL MARIETTA!!

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

you also had some fans during the National Anthem that were rude, hats on and loud. hail nothing... however the fact is that you won the basketball game, congratulations...

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

The students that were loud during the national anthem were singing and others were telling them to stop....our student section usually sings the national anthem along with the band and some decided to do it last night as well. As for the hats I didnt see any but if so then I completely agree with you I am all for being quite and respectful during the national anthem. I have heard many compliments that fans like the fact that our students sing along with the band and most do it respectfully

mxc08
Waterboy

Post by mxc08 »

All the warren fans on here that are talking about Marietta's "poor sportsmanship" and all the crap about being disrespectful should really give it a rest, becuase in all reality, we all know that if Warren's team could back it up, their fans wouldn't hesitate to do the same thing. Lets face it. Its an intense rivalry, between two schools that know all the gossip of the other one, and both schools use that to their advantage with chants throughout the game. Get over it Warren, you all know you would be doing the same thing if your BIG BAD BLUE hadn't choked on a big one last night. If you can actually get a win next year, you can say whatever you'd like. Stop crying and take the loss.
HAIL WARREN??....
I think we all know the answer to that question.

tribetime
Freshman Team

Post by tribetime »

I'm not being hypocritical. I did not toilet paper Marietta's school and I am not a Warren student. I just ask that you don't use this forum to try to start fights by saying ridiculous things like Warren didn't have any fans at the game, their student sections sucks, and so on.

westbrook18
All State

Post by westbrook18 »

bubbles wrote:you also had some fans during the National Anthem that were rude, hats on and loud. hail nothing... however the fact is that you won the basketball game, congratulations...

Bubbles I think you're wrong. I remember being in the front row and making sure everybody had their hats off.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

mxc08 wrote:HAIL WARREN??....
I think we all know the answer to that question.

HAIL NO!

bubbles
Riding the Bench

Post by bubbles »

westbrook18, you missed at least one, but i thank you for your part as it is the most important event of the night! (could have been girls?)

mxc08
Waterboy

Post by mxc08 »

Oh yeah I also find it quite comical that this WHSwarrior character claims that nobody from the team or student section had anything to do with the toilet papering/vandalizing of MHS because most people from warren wouldn't "stoop that low." The more I think about that statement, the more I cant control my laughter. :lol:

Diehard Fan
Freshman Team

Post by Diehard Fan »

Where is all the parents at, they should keep a closer eye on there kids.

goldentoe
Waterboy

Post by goldentoe »

The toilet papering and window painting has been going on for years. Warren has painted the rock on numerous occasions. Its part of the rivalry and it makes it exciting. Look at it as vandalism if you want but as a former athlete in the rivalry, I think it made the game all the more fun and when you lose you take the verbal banter and when you win you give it back. Let's not take the fun out of a good rivalry because as we know most of these kids are pretty good friends and until they are 80 years old they will talk about beating each other.

etta09
Freshman Team

Post by etta09 »

I don't as much mind the toilet papering or the window chalk, I understand thats just all in good fun and part of the rivalry, but it needs to be in good taste, not drawing inappropriate body parts, writing something relevant to the rivalry is fine. And I also know that maybe not this time but in the past some students have painted things in permanent paint rather than window chalk. I know marietta students are perfect either but just keep things in good taste and relevant to the game and the rivalry thats all. This is what makes Marietta and Warren one of the best rivalries in the area in my opinion.

MariettaPride21
S

Post by MariettaPride21 »

tribetime wrote:There's something that's taught at Warren and obviously isn't at Marietta, it's called class. We win or lose with it. Our players, coaches, students, and fans take losing hard, and we love beating Marietta. In fact, we beat them twice last year, but we didn't criticize the other teams performance, fans, exct. because we knew we could be on the other end in 12 months. Take notes.
This year of experience for Fivecoait, Venham, and Cunningham will lead to many victories for the blue and white down the road.

Of course not all Marietta fans are bad, not all Warren fans are good....this is a great rivalry, i just wish Marietta students would stay off here and go celebrate instead of trying to start arguments every time we play....go paint a rock or something.

there is also something thats taught at marietta and is obviously not taught at warren
and thats winning
better luck next year

MariettaPride21
S

and all that toilet papering and what not is great....i thought it was funny
its what keeps this rivalry going

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

It has become very apparent that some posters ,on here have no idea what they are talking about. About 10% of the posters know of the history between these two schools. Talk is cheap.

defender08
Waterboy

Post by defender08 »

MariettaPride21 wrote:
tribetime wrote:There's something that's taught at Warren and obviously isn't at Marietta, it's called class. We win or lose with it. Our players, coaches, students, and fans take losing hard, and we love beating Marietta. In fact, we beat them twice last year, but we didn't criticize the other teams performance, fans, exct. because we knew we could be on the other end in 12 months. Take notes.
This year of experience for Fivecoait, Venham, and Cunningham will lead to many victories for the blue and white down the road.

Of course not all Marietta fans are bad, not all Warren fans are good....this is a great rivalry, i just wish Marietta students would stay off here and go celebrate instead of trying to start arguments every time we play....go paint a rock or something.

there is also something thats taught at marietta and is obviously not taught at warren
and thats winning
better luck next year

lol..just remeber that you can't win them all..

MariettaPride21
S

warren would know^^^ ;)

Return to “Boys Basketball”