BAIT CASTERS, SPINNING OR CLOSED FACE REELS.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BAIT CASTERS, SPINNING OR CLOSED FACE REELS.

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

WHAT'S YOU FAVORITE WAY TO FISH, WHICH TYPE REEL.

myself I never quite got the hang of baitcasters, but never really tried much to be honest. I love spinning reels. always have. my 1st reel was likely everybodie's here if their old enough,a zebco 202 then I gradiated to the zebco 33 , the zebco 33 rhino , the 808 and all the others.

I love and mainly use spinning reels. but I still love to plunk around with my ole zebco's the original 33's and the new one. my catfishin sticks are mainly large spinners. but if it's really windy I have a huge hawg hunter closed face I use just as well. I ain't gonna lie I still love to fish a lot here at the dock with just a zebco 33 combo with the drag set right. it's a hoot. makes even big bluegills a blast. but can still handle a 15 pound channel cat or blue, or flathead. anybody have one of those lil sawed off zebco's that is for sling shotting under docks. they are a riot. it's just a micro zebco reel I have the closed face. you shoot yer lure under a dock with them. they are a blast. they are the right tool fer lil bluegills to catfish with. and if you just wanna do something goofy, try using one to panfish with just for fun. I hooked into about a 4 pound channel catfish using a yellow rooster tail. and you'd have thought you'd caught a marlin playing them with the drag.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: BAIT CASTERS, SPINNING OR CLOSED FACE REELS.

wow, I liketa never got caught up readin all of them truley informative responses. lol. I know ya'll it's winter.ole bait is bored too.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Bait, I know how ya feel ole bud with no responses on here. I ask a few questions on three other threads and never got any answers. 1 on the gas price thread and two on the college threads. :lol: :lol: Haven't fished a bunch in my life, but an ole cane pole and bobber satisfies me. :lol: :lol: I had a couple of those closed faced Zebco's when going to the family cottage on the Muskingum river way back when. Fished with an ole girl that had a farm along the river. She would set trout lines across the river. She fished for about everything down there. I wasn't much on fishing, but that's when I done most of my fish-un, was down on the Muskingum. Remember her pulling some monster cat's out of there at times, and it was usually at night. When I did catch some fish, they wasn't very big or they was carp. :lol: :lol: Mainly I just fished with her from the bank, but it was hard to catch anything with all the boats flying by, making noise and waves. :lol: :lol:

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

you n bolt come down this spring and I have some bamboo shoots in the building. and I got all the fixins we'll saw you off yer own cane pole to take home with ya. that's why I got em. need to make me one too.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:30 pm you n bolt come down this spring and I have some bamboo shoots in the building. and I got all the fixins we'll saw you off yer own cane pole to take home with ya. that's why I got em. need to make me one too.
Sounds good, Bait. Me and ole Bolt will make it down there sometime. What ya say Bolt?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

lookin forward to meetin ya'll. no need to be strangers, heck come down n play pool all day sometime. then when it warms up, we'll all hop on the gator , n drown some worms n have a campfire.

X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X
SEOPS

Post by X8XOHIOLEGENDX7X »

I'm hopeing to switch to baitcasters this year. If money allows it

Winners never quit. And quitters never win! Vince Lombardi
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

I ain't worth a pinch with baitcasters myself.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”