Grayson Fishing (not catching) Report

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Grayson Fishing (not catching) Report

Post by kantuckyII »

Water temps have fallen to 63.5 on most of the lake. The cold front made them VERY lethargic. Only caught 2 dinks..and I'm not sure whether I caught one of them or just accidentally snagged it in the top of the head

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Grayson Fishing (not catching) Report

Post by kantuckyII »

Love all the chat on the fishing forum...

Well, just walked back in the door after being at Grayson. Got 3 but they were kinda puny. The water temps have fallen between the 49 (in the straights) and 59. A steady rain started falling around 4 or so...I left the lake at 7 and the ride up the lake was mighty fine...one of those that let's you know you're alive and all of that. I would like to say..I was very impressed with my Bass Pro Shops Gore Tex rainsuit I got late last spring and loved the gloves I bought a month or two ago there..that were dbl lined and gore tex as well. Talk about sweet! my hands were warm as toast when I got back to the dock despite the 55 mph run up the lake and it being 48 out there and pouring the rain.

I hated the hat on the rain gear though. However, I have neck problems so that is the reason. I do have an boonie type hat coming from
Outdoor Research, a Seattle Sombrero Rain Hat which is all gore tex and has Styrofoam built into the bill to keep it from sinking which will sure come in handy the first time I forget to tie it tight or remove it and take off down the lake.

I think Sunday..I'll be heading to Alabama..but..who knows?

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”