Fall From Your Boat? - It Got Worse!!!!

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Fall From Your Boat? - It Got Worse!!!!

Post by kantuckyII »

...anyone else do this? ha! I had been puny from being sick yesterday with a tummy bug and I have so much wax on the thing, when I was starting to step out onto the ground from the boat, I lost my grip and fell about five feet and landed flat on the side of my back. Somehow I hit my elbow and knee as I tumbled, both are still swelling. I was, however, able to pull my head in to keep from hitting it on the blacktop or I'd probably knocked myself out cold. I don't 'think' I broke a rib but boy, they're getting sore too!
Last edited by kantuckyII on Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Fall From Your Boat?

Post by biggdowgg »

in your case, you would have been better off going down head first, you would be in less pain.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

My head being so hard has protected me so very often in this life!

Now, my ribs? they be sore this morning, it hurts taking a deep breath. The answer to that is...don't take a deep breath

NYBUX
Varsity

Post by NYBUX »

STAY AWAY FROM THE PEPPER!!!!!!!!!!!

One sneeze and it's all over

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fall From Your Boat? - It Got Worse!!!!

Post by kantuckyII »

Yesterday, I went fishing. It was so windy, I elected to rig up a couple rods that I don't normally use before I got out on the water so I wouldn't be blowing into the bank while I was doing so. I grab my 'Guntersville Outfit' I call it that cause it was perfect for tossing Senko's. It was graphite but light and whippy on the end so I could toss them a long way without any weight. As I was tying on my bait, I was reminiscing about the 14 lbs of bass I caught in less than 30 minutes down there on that same rod, 2 5's and 1 4 pounder. All on that rod. I had no sooner got that thought through my mind and a huge strong gust of wind hit and BAM! my rod locker door slammed shut by that gust and where did it hit? You got it, on the tip of that rod! I picked it up and the last 18" of the rod fell down into the boat...

..I was like, geesh, can this really be happening and then I thought...

...I bet Ozzie Ohio will love this story...

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

You know it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I probably could have bought the power assist pistons for the rod lockers for what that one rod cost... :122246

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:You know it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wonder if he ever considered closing his rod locker door to start with...?? :roll: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Why would I close my rod locker? geesh! The odds of that ever happening again are minuscule

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”