After Market Bass Boat Lighting

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

After Market Bass Boat Lighting

Post by kantuckyII »

Just found this website. I think this stuff is cool as all get out and very handy if you do night fishing or just want to put your stuff up after coming off the lake at dusk.

Here's some photos and they're really reasonably priced

BigOrangeOne
S

Re: After Market Bass Boat Lighting

Post by BigOrangeOne »

By the time you get your power pole, extra lights, and all the other "toys" you want on your new boat, you're gonna have to tie a life jacket on to every cleat just to keep your boat afloat. :lol: :lol: :lol:

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

ROFL! True...Anyway, I showed those lights to someone else who lives here and heard, hmmmmmmmmmmm now you know what Santa Claus might bring you...then again...

....you seen these? Image it's a tackle system kit you can buy that installs under your box lids. I think this would be awesome and save the problem of dig dig digging through your plastics to find what you want. The thing is though..if you look at it close up..Image it's basically just a potato chip holder rack Imageor something like that. If one could find an old display. I'm going to check into that and might be able to get them for free. I sure don't need near as many as they have out there on this boat.

One more shot Image...I bet I've tossed away enough Jigs or spinnerbaits (well, mostly jigs, I hate spinnerbaits) in the last couple years over rust and stuff I could have purchased the entire kit (about 40 bucks)

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Here's a slick idea from them too...you just buy the little bags at a hobby shop and then you pre-rig some Carolina Rigs and you're all ready to go. They'd be held up safely and kept from moisture and it would save a huge amount of time!

I also like this one as well. It can be a pain having a bag of worms open. You forget to secure them, take off and they blow overboard or you're always trying to find them etc etcImage

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I have the Bluewater LED lights on my Javelin. I went with the blue LED's on the deck, livewells and cooler, and white LEDs in all other compartments. Easy to install and a great product.

Go to bassboatcentral.com and then to the forums and look at the boat bling forum. Many neat products out there for us boaters and fishermen. Iguana Graphics make some really neat stuff and alot of custom carpet decals. I am thinking about having some Ohio State stuff made for my boat carpet.

But I have to give a big thumbs up for my Bluewater LED's. You wont go wrong with them. I may suggest red LEDs for the deck, as my blue LEDs are kinda hard to see through when night fishing.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Did you put switches on any of your lights or are they all controlled by one or what? To me, it seemed the switches were kind of expensive. My boat carpet is light gray so that would be a lot of the determining factor as to what color lights I'd install, if I did put deck lights on as well.

How about the trailer lights under? that hokey or is it neat or what?

Would the colored LED's not give enough light in the storage compartments? it seems that they have a lot more bulbs than the deck lights

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

I ran my lights directly to my Accessory switch on my dash (Javelin Renegade 20). So one dash switch controls them all. I put white lights in my storage compartments and rod lockers because they are much brighter. I didnt want really bright lights on my deck. I didnt go with any trailer lights, I think they look a little tacky, but that is just my opinion.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

Well, I've thought about the accessory switch..so, do you just leave the lights on when you're fishing at night and keep the lids closed? Anyway, I don't know if there's even power on my accessory switch now. I don't think there's anything that it controls.

That 'bling section' - Man, some of those boats those guys have pimped out...in my eyes..boy, some are pretty ugly but I guess it's whatever makes them happy.

I also don't have a front depth finder..wanting to put one on. I'm thinking I'd rather have the puck back where my other one is instead of on the trolling motor. Granted, it would be showing about 10' behind where you're sitting at but..I don't know that would be such a bad thing though.

It will have to be installed on the deck. I can't see if I can get my hand in there or not to do a bolt/nut thing. Right now, it's been so hot I can't even stand touching a lot of my boat, burns the heck out of my hands...wished it was white now I think.. ;-)

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Yes some of these boat owners went way overboard to the point that it makes their boats look bad.

I do use the lights when nightfishing. It takes my eyes a while to adjust when using a blacklight on the boat. I think the red would be a bit more night fishing friendly on the deck, and yes I just keep my compartments shut when my lights are on. Those white LED's are bright.

kantuckyII
SEOPS HOF

Post by kantuckyII »

I installed this in my boat...well, on one box so far and I'm lovin' it! Oh...but...I don't want as much on one lid as what some are installing. I mean, plastics can get pretty heavy, I'd hate to warp my lid or something like that
kantuckyII wrote:ROFL! True...Anyway, I showed those lights to someone else who lives here and heard, hmmmmmmmmmmm now you know what Santa Claus might bring you...then again...

....you seen these? Image it's a tackle system kit you can buy that installs under your box lids. I think this would be awesome and save the problem of dig dig digging through your plastics to find what you want. The thing is though..if you look at it close up..Image it's basically just a potato chip holder rack Imageor something like that. If one could find an old display. I'm going to check into that and might be able to get them for free. I sure don't need near as many as they have out there on this boat.

One more shot Image...I bet I've tossed away enough Jigs or spinnerbaits (well, mostly jigs, I hate spinnerbaits) in the last couple years over rust and stuff I could have purchased the entire kit (about 40 bucks)

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”