Turkey season coming up

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Turkey season coming up

Post by Sider95 »

How many turkey hunters do we have out there? Besides football there is only one thing I look forward to each year and that is turkey season. I'm getting the fever again :122245 .
I don't think anyone on this board knows I make turkey calls but if you want a good call let me know. I have calls in 14 states so far and have been compared to the best callmakers in the country. That is a GREAT honor for me. I just do the best I can do and hope you like the call and if you don't like the call I will make it right. I have a LIFETIME guarantee on them also unless you try to use them as a clay pigeon :lol:.
I CAN"T guarantee they won't go bad but IF they do I WILL fix it or replace it. I make pot calls and just started on box calls a few months ago. My pot calls are the good ones. I make them from a wide range of woods from all around the world. You wouldn't believe some of the different colored woods. Black,purple,red,yellow etc. Most of the really good woods come from Africa and South America.
For pot call surfaces I have glass,crystal,slate,plain aluminum and anodized aluminum. Still working on copper. It gives me fits. Single sided OR double sided. If you want a personal picture in it I can do that.
For box calls I use poplar,cedar,cherry,black walnut and mahogany. I can put checkering on the box calls also. Makes them look really good but as they say purdy don't kill :lol:

BigOrangeOne
S

Re: Turkey season coming up

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Congratulations on your success with your calls. Hope it goes bigger for you. Maybe we'll see you on a TV show with Bill Jordan or the likes some day. :-D

How much are your calls? I can't turkey hunt much any more but I may buy one so I can say I have one of your "rookie cards" when you hit the big time. :-D

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

That would be nice to go big time but I really doubt that will happen. Who knows for certain though.

Here are a few calls I have made.
This is a slate surface. Wood is Bubinga "waterfall" from Africa. Very beautiful wood and VERY hard to find.

This is a double sided call made from bloodwood. South American wood.

This is a crystal call made from clear acrylic. These take awhile to make.

This is an aluminum call made from Osage Orange aka "hedgeapple". Had Matt Morret play this one and he loved it.

Here is a box call I made recently. Poplar body with black walnut paddle and bottom.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Those are super neat !!! Can (or do) you make box calls from the exotic woods?

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

The only exotic woods I have for box calls right now are Honduras mahogany and Brazilian cherry. The Brazilian cherry is too hard for a box though. I could work with it and get a good call from it I'm sure but it would take some time.

FastpitchDad
Waterboy

Post by FastpitchDad »

Those are some Beautiful Calls! I don't have anything that pretty in my bag but I have a few Turkey tails and Beards hanging around. Spring Season is in the air.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Gettin' anxious.....

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

A month and a half and we will be out there hitting the locator calls at sunrise.....I cant wait.

If only the sauger bite at the Greenup Dam would pick up to give me a reason to get my boat out on the water and burn time till bird season gets here.....

Sider95
Riding the Bench

Post by Sider95 »

BigOrangeOne wrote:Gettin' anxious.....

That's a really good bird. What were those 1 1/4-1 1/2

I'm getting anxious. I seen 9 birds right down the road from my house. Looking good so far.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I never did measure them. They're still hanging out in my garage. They weighed him at the check-in and he was just under 26 pounds. Here's a pic of the whole bird.....

reliob
Freshman Team

Post by reliob »

Hey people its on. The neighbor girl showed me a very nice tom she got at daylight this morning. So now i got turkey fever ,BAD.

moose
Varsity

Post by moose »

Here is a box call I made recently. Poplar body with black walnut paddle and bottom.
Image[/quote]

That's a great looking box that brings back some bittersweet memories. My grandfather loved turkey hunting more than anything. We buried him in a box that looked almost exactly like that one only bigger.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

I have known Shawnee since he was knee high to a grass hopper he is a good friend and union brother.I have a slate,glass and a box call that he has made me if anyone is looking for some quality turkey calls he is the man to see. hard to believe that the season is right around the corner.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

luvbigcats wrote:I have known Shawnee since he was knee high to a grass hopper he is a good friend and union brother.I have a slate,glass and a box call that he has made me if anyone is looking for some quality turkey calls he is the man to see. hard to believe that the season is right around the corner.
So, how is his business going now a year later ?

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
luvbigcats wrote:I have known Shawnee since he was knee high to a grass hopper he is a good friend and union brother.I have a slate,glass and a box call that he has made me if anyone is looking for some quality turkey calls he is the man to see. hard to believe that the season is right around the corner.
So, how is his business going now a year later ?
As of right know it is more of just a hobby I think he might just want to keep it that way.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

Got it.... Thanks.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Can't wait................

Last edited by ohbuckeye2 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WE ARE ND
JV Team

Post by WE ARE ND »

Great lookin' bird!

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

Got lucky last season and killed two bird ( both gun kills) i had only killed one bird prior to last season.

19lb 9in beard

21lb 10 1/2 in beard 1in spurs!

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”