Finally Filled my Buck Tag...

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Finally Filled my Buck Tag...

Post by Baz55 »

Well i hit the woods after work on tuesday evening not expecting to have a lot of success. All but one buck around my house has already shed, and i was really just hoping to get a late season doe to fill the freezer. I got set up againt a tree on a piece of land that i'd never hunted before about an hour before dark. I was trying to talk myself into getting up and just doing some still hunting since their was still a good amount of snow on the ground, but something told me to sit tight, and wait for dark. About 10 minutes before dark i caught movement on the opposite hillside. When i could tell it was a deer i looked through my scope and noticed it had antlers....and both sides at that! I was not being picky...a spike could have walked by me and i would have shot him! Well i lost sight of him when he went to the bottom of the hill. I then caught a glimpse of movement about 35 yards away, and see it was him. I slowly raised my gun and put it on his shoulder. Soon as i shot i knew i had hit him. He took off down the hill and died about 60 yards away. When i was on his bloodtrail i found one side of his rack. When i was dragging him out his other side popped off too... He is a nice 9 point with a split brow. I am extremely happy with him this late in the season.

PS: I apoligize for the poor pictures... it was very difficult to get his head up and try to hold both antlers where they belong lol....

ChessyFan09
Freshman Team

Re: Finally Filled my Buck Tag...

Post by ChessyFan09 »

Congrats on a really nice buck. That's one of the hazards of this horribly late season,either shooting a buck by mistake or the horns popping off- the other being taking a doe and finding she's carrying fawns. That one happened to me. I did enjoy the snow yhis year. It's a lot better than 50 or 60 degree weather.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Nice buck, Congrats!!

SENDEM
All Conference

Post by SENDEM »

Any BUCK is a good buck this time of yr!!! An thats a DANDY!! CONGRATS!

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”