We're starting our own Hunting show...

Bobby k
Freshman Team

We're starting our own Hunting show...

Post by Bobby k »

Some friends and I have been getting everything ready to start our own outdoor production this fall. Do any of you have any suggestions as to how to make this really good? Anything you see in other shows you watch that you like/dislike?

reliob
Freshman Team

Re: We're starting our own Hunting show...

Post by reliob »

I know that everyone wants to see the kill shot and the moment of truth ,but i would like to see more on why you picked a certain spot to hunt and why you picked that stand location etc.etc. I mean i know its about scouting and all . but its like those home fix up shows on HGTV where they can rebuild an entire house in 30 minutes without telling you what all went into the process. I guess i just want to know all that went into your hunt instead of just getting out of your truck ,climbing your stand, and taking a shot

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

That is a great idea! Now that I think of it i just assume when i watch other hunting shows how they got to that point. I'm glad you brought this up and we will definately put this into our productions

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

It is of interest (to me anyway) when they also give the date, weather conditions, moon phase, type of equipment used ( Muzzy, Rage, etc. broadheads, muzzleloader, Browning 12 gauge w/deer barrel and open sights, etc.)

I enjoy shows more when they are informative.

Good luck on your show and will we be able to view it somewhere?

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

With the times gettin worse, you might want to consider some segments on home/ personal defense.
Since more and more folks are tryin their hand at hunting with a pistol, maybe a segment on shot placement.

Your project sounds interesting, keep us informed on how things are going.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

bobby k wrote:Some friends and I have been getting everything ready to start our own outdoor production this fall. Do any of you have any suggestions as to how to make this really good? Anything you see in other shows you watch that you like/dislike?

you wouldent happen to know brandon shamhart do you?

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

SWBaseball:
I do not know him but would be interested to meet with him if he is doing the same or wanting to be involved.
I truly enjoy hearing all of these great ideas and we are going to take all of them into account this fall. We have already gotten a couple of videos taped throughout this summer showing how we planted our food plot and going out and scouting for the best stand positions and such..

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

well, this person has been on a few hunting shows. i actualy graduated with him and talk to him once in a while. he has done some traveling to tape shows. i will talk to him as soon as i get a chance. if you would like to PM me with your email adress i'll gladly give it to him and maybe he can help you out through his experiences

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

Me and my brother and anothr buddy have been filming our hunts for 2 season. It is so much harder to video a hunt then what people think. What kind of camera are you using? We use a GL1. Like i said it is very tuff to get the kill on video. I was videoing my buddy last season and had a beautiful 11 point about 10 yards from the stand, and could never get the shot off because the buck stayed on the backside of the tree where i was positoned... kinda sucked. Got some Awesome footage though. If you are serious about doing it, and have a quality camera give JR Bennet a call. He is the owner of Jr's Taxidermy. There is about 20 of us that hunt on film with these guys.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

Yes don't hunt of those game management farms where the deer are fenced in. Hunt in the Wayne National Forest and so on. Hunt where the common deer hunter has to because they don't have the money to go to those other places.

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

A few of the good hunting shows have a hot little co-host(Tiffany Lakosky, Jodi Clark, Nicole Jones). I bet that ups the viewer ratings :!: :lol: :idea:

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

A few of the good hunting shows have a hot little co-host(Tiffany Lakosky, Jodi Clark, Nicole Jones). I bet that ups the viewer ratings

Thats the only ones Bigdowgg watches.

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

^^^Do ya blame him??? :lol:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Has anyone had a chance to watch Duck Commander :?: Awesome show :!:

Baz55
Riding the Bench

Post by Baz55 »

Yeah it is a pretty good show. They also have a show called Buck Commander with Chipper Jones being the lead man.

Check Out Heartland Bowhunters. It is an awesome show, and you can watch the episodes on the Internet at www.bowvidz.com. Be sure to click the top right corner where the HD sign in and turn the HD off... it takes FOREVER to load in HD.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

bobby k wrote:Some friends and I have been getting everything ready to start our own outdoor production this fall. Do any of you have any suggestions as to how to make this really good? Anything you see in other shows you watch that you like/dislike?

My uncles started there own hunting show and they had hunts from gallia county but also went to a few states out west to hunt and then did really well with it but just recently hung it all up. The part that I liked about it is they got a bow press and stuff so i dont have to pay to get my bow fixed now :lol:

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Went out yesterday for the first time. Got a lot of great footage but no big bucks so we didnt take anything...

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

bobby k,
Where are you guys hunting and filming? I assume Pike County.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Mostly Pike and Ross Counties and we are trying to get down to Jackson county as well.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Gotten a lot of great footage so far this season but only one kill on tape. Got some footage of a 160 class 10 point at about 25 yds during youth gun season. Still trying to work out the kinks but should be for some exitment the rest of the season and beyond.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”