Camera

GAHS7462
All Conference

Camera

Post by GAHS7462 »

I'm looking at buying a trail camera for hunting deer. Can anyone tell me a good camera to buy thats not to expensive, and not to cheap.

Bassmaster
S

Re: Camera

Post by Bassmaster »

Check out Cabela's website and read the reviews. I like the Cuddeback Capture for 200 bucks. There are a lot of good cameras out there.

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I've seen the cuddeback a few times. Just trying to get an idea from people who have trail camera's. Thxs

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

I have 3 from Moultrie that i think I paid around $125 for and they seem to work just fine. Good pictures.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

I had a Moultrie Game Spy 200 that was awesome, I left it up over a feeder for almost four years straight (in a home made box). Wish I could find another one of those but they don't make it any more.

I bought a Moultrie GameSpy D40 and put over the feeder. It was around a $100 and it does ok, the picture quality is not as good as the GameSpy 200.

I also have a Moultrie GameSpy I60. I payed about $290 for it and am not all that impressed with it. It takes great day time pictures but the black and white night time pictures are not all that great. It doesn't flash at night but the infared glows red when it takes a picture and you can hear the shutter as it takes a picture.

I think my next one will be the Moultrie GameSpy M40 or M60. I don't mind the flash and the deer I've been getting pictures of the last 4 years over the feeder don't seem to mind either.

This was my GameSpy 200 in it's home made box.

GAMESPY 200 PICTURE

GAMESPY D40 PICTURE

GAMESPY I60 NIGHT PICTURE

GAMESPY I60 DAY TIME PICTURE

GAHS7462
All Conference

Post by GAHS7462 »

I see what you mean about some of those pic's. THXS

baseballmeigs
Waterboy

Post by baseballmeigs »

I got a buck on my land that looks like a minature donkey hes so big. I feed him so much corn,minerals,salt blocks, and the powder. WIth my cam this year hes a 14 with 2 drop times. Hes so gorgeous.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

oh man....where did you say you lived lol

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

baseballmeigs wrote:I got a buck on my land that looks like a minature donkey hes so big. I feed him so much corn,minerals,salt blocks, and the powder. WIth my cam this year hes a 14 with 2 drop times. Hes so gorgeous.

Can you put pictures on here of him?

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

My brother in Indiana highly recommends these cameras. There are sample photos and You Tube links to the videos that they take.

http://www.huntingcamonline.com/scoutguard550530.html

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I bought a camera and very happy. For deer and poachers.

Rusty Shackleford
Freshman Team

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

I have one of the SPYPOINT cellular cameras from Walmart. I think it’s a Link-W it was 2 or 300 bucks. I’ve had some problems with it, but every time I’ve contacted customer support and they’d give me 3 months unlimited photos which is just about right for deer season. Happened twice so I haven’t paid for a plan yet. Takes black and white pictures at night which I don’t care for and pictures aren’t great on phone but they are decent if you use the card in a computer to view photos. The camera only has an on/off switch, everything is controlled from an app on your cell phone. And if someone steals it you can disable it. You might not be able to use it, but the person who stole it won’t be able to either.

I know what's wrong with it. It's a Ford. You know what they say Ford stands for, don't ya? It stands for 'Fix it again, Tony'.

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”