Anyone been COYOTE hunting yet?

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Re: Anyone been COYOTE hunting yet?

Post by Bleeding Red »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:yeah last year he told me that he didnt want any coyotes because they took to much work for the little amount of money that they are worth... But I have a connection now so I think I can still sell them there now :-D

How much are they bringing?

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Not enough to be worth the stink these buggers have. They must be part ferret.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Post by BRUTUS IS A BEAST »

I havn't sold any yet and I havnt called to ask them how much they are bringing either so I cant really tell you that right now... I will try to call tomorrow if I remember. But Im guessing he will tell me $10 or less. I am going to try and get me a few coyotes this week so I can take them and sell them too so I should know by the end of the week what he is giving for them Id say.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:I havn't sold any yet and I havnt called to ask them how much they are bringing either so I cant really tell you that right now... I will try to call tomorrow if I remember. But Im guessing he will tell me $10 or less. I am going to try and get me a few coyotes this week so I can take them and sell them too so I should know by the end of the week what he is giving for them Id say.

Let us know what they are bringing.....hopefully you can harvest a couple this week.

If they are only bringing $10 or so, I think I have a better way to get rid of them that is much faster and doesnt require driving them anywhere, or even handling them much at all ;-)

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Bleeding Red wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:I havn't sold any yet and I havnt called to ask them how much they are bringing either so I cant really tell you that right now... I will try to call tomorrow if I remember. But Im guessing he will tell me $10 or less. I am going to try and get me a few coyotes this week so I can take them and sell them too so I should know by the end of the week what he is giving for them Id say.

Let us know what they are bringing.....hopefully you can harvest a couple this week.

If they are only bringing $10 or so, I think I have a better way to get rid of them that is much faster and doesnt require driving them anywhere, or even handling them much at all ;-)

haha I just dont think you will get much out of them so if you even want to make money off of them Id say you will have to take out the whole species and then sell them all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote:
Bleeding Red wrote:

haha I just dont think you will get much out of them so if you even want to make money off of them Id say you will have to take out the whole species and then sell them all :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that would be a blast to take them all out! And their hides would pay for the shells, guns, gas and calls!

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

If they are only bringing $10 or so, I think I have a better way to get rid of them that is much faster and doesnt require driving them anywhere, or even handling them much at all ;-)[/quote]

haha I just dont think you will get much out of them so if you even want to make money off of them Id say you will have to take out the whole species and then sell them all :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Now that would be a blast to take them all out! And their hides would pay for the shells, guns, gas and calls![/quote]

haha yeah that would be bad *** if we could do that but then there wouldnt be anymore to have fun hunting for :( :( :( I think I would atleast keep a few to let them rejuvinate there species so I could hunt them more ;-)

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

I have more but I will put them on L8a

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

The big yote in the top pic me and my friends call Hercules haha

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

For the past 3 weeks, Ive seen coyote on an almost daily basis. Even in broad daylight, at least twice a week. Since rut is on, could agressive bucks be stirrin them up? Ive never seen this kind of activity out of coyote like this, at least no colder than its been.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Shoot them!!!

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

Everytime I have a gun and see em :lol:

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

I took my friend out coyote hunting the other night and we called 1 in. It stopped at about 75 yards away and my friend took the shot with his rifle that he hasnt even sited in or shot before and missed :lol:

slick
Waterboy

Post by slick »

I shot 2 using a hen turkey decoy and some soft yelps. The first at seven yards and the second at eighteen yards.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

this should be a good time to hunt them now! Most of the crops are harvested by now so they should be mousing in wide open fields now. I have only been a couple times so far and called a few in each time but I was just taking friends and i was the caller so I didnt get any yet but my friends got 1 and 2. We went at night both times though.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote: We went at night both times though.

You didn't happen to run into Ozzie out there deer hunting did you ?? :lol:

I've never hunted them. Do you use a red beamed light at night ? Are they oblivious to the red light beams like deer seem to be? (Ozzie told me that ).
Is the hunting not any good during the daylight hours?

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

BigOrangeOne wrote:
BRUTUS IS A BEAST wrote: We went at night both times though.

You didn't happen to run into Ozzie out there deer hunting did you ?? :lol:

I've never hunted them. Do you use a red beamed light at night ? Are they oblivious to the red light beams like deer seem to be? (Ozzie told me that ).
Is the hunting not any good during the daylight hours?

Predators can see red light but it don't hurt there eyes so they act like they cant see it. I know that they can see it because when you shine a fox with a red light they don't react at all to it but if you shine a 2'nd red light on them they take off and are gone! I dont understand why they would run from the 2'nd light but I have saw it happen multiple times. You don't have to use a red beam at night according to the laws but it from my own times out at night i think it helps in curtain spots to use a red light but in some spots it don't matter at all if you use red or not. I have had 3 coyotes running at me in a pack with a 3,000,000 cp spotlight on it without a red lens and they ran straight in on a dash from 500 yards out! And my final answer :lol: , yes hunting is good during daylight hours but only in the early daylight hours and the late daylight hours. coyotes sleep during mid day so you would have to be hunting close to where they are sleeping and wake them up for it to work during them hours in mid day

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Ok just wanted to let you all know that this is the best time of the year to hunt mature coyotes and have the best of success at it

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

A problem that Im havin out in my neck of the woods aint just coyotes. Every year, about this time, we get alot of stray dogs that are dropped off. Most of em are easy enough to take out, but some of em seem to get some smarts, and pack togeather. Then, it dont take long for them to start the killing off of cats, chickens,etc. They can even, on occation, get downright nasty to confront. Needless to say, when walking the fields or woods out here, away from the house, Ive been carrying my shotgun.

BRUTUS IS A BEAST
All Conference

Im sure that you can call in stray dogs just like you can coyotes because thats all a coyote really is, is a breed of wild dogs that are stray

Return to “Fishing, Hunting, Racing, and Outdoor”